Favorite Nintendo RPG

• Thread starter ianarceus
  • Start date
My favorite RPG would probably be most of the Pokemon games and The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim! Pokemon has a really nice cheery look and feel to it. Suitable to both adults and children. You can play in a lot of ways, and the diversity was awesome.

Skyrim is one of my favorites as well because the gigantic world is so large. I have been playing for almost a year, and there is still places to where I haven't been to yet :D you can also play any way you want to, and all of the different play styles are super fun to play. All of the features can be really in-depth with all of the guilds, and gods to obey, but yeah

Reactions: Derplink_:3
Pokemon and the Mario and Luigi games :3 They're both really fun :D

Pokémon Diamond :) although Mario RPG is awesome (it was the first RPG I played haha)

Many pokemon games, now it is Alpha Sapphire. Though my absolute favourite of all time is Rune Factory series (RF4 is the best ever). If you count MMORPG as RPG, then my fave was Maple Story, Dragon Nest and many more xD

Reactions: BeastOfEden
Legend of Zelda (really any of them besides Zelda II haha), Skyrim of course, and many of the Pokemons as well, but probably Pokemon Blue because that was the one I grew up with. Plus it was one of the first crucial decisions I had to make in life Blue v. Red, and then Bulbasaur v. Charmander v. Squirtle (but everyone now knows to pick Charmander), even though back then I was a more Squirtle guy :)

How can you beat RPGs? They're literally 80% of my Steam library :p

Pokemon, Fallout, Monster Quest, Legend of Zelda, and Elder Scrolls are my top five.

Zelda takes the win.

Next to that would have to be Final Fantasy 1 and 6.

My all time favorite RPG would have to be Mother 3. You start developing deep connections with the main character, Lucas, about how he ventures through Nowhere Islands to find his brother and make sure that the evil doesn't pull all the Needles of the dragon. It's a really touching story and it's also really fun to play, especially if you're big in the Mother series

Reactions: BeastOfEden
My favorite RPG is a game called Mabinogi, a.k.a. Mabi. Mabi is an MMORPG, has been classed as one of the most sophisticated game of its kind, and has a bunch of anime references. Such as and event where you can get full Kirito clothes and weapons, you can get a shield like Kleins in SAO.

Final Fantasy IV

Dragon Quest 8 for sure. It has everything a regular turn based RPG has, but it just seems updated in pretty much every way possible. I spend hours leveling up my party and finding new items and exploring the world it's like a breath of fresh air for the standard turn-based RPG.

Kingdom Hearts 2 or Birth by Sleep, in my opinion of the series these 2 had the best story so far, and just the color and uniqueness of the game compared to other RPGs make it the the best in my opinion.

If I were to choose another one, I'd go for the Persona series, especially 4 (loved the anime as well)

Fantasy life!! I love fantasy life and I don't even own the game! It's just looks so awesome and addicting. With so many different life's to explore and master, it's almost impossible to beat the game! I'm highly looking forward to purchasing this game and playing it for countless hours!

My favorite is Final Fantasy VI, i love the characters (especially Terra Branford), the music is amazing and along the story it adds up to a sad & heavy, but still happy & enjoyable adventure. The areas are also beautiful and, unlike other final fantasy games, they aren't monotonous and repetitive. My second favorite is Mother 3 (followed by the rest of the Mother series, Mother 2 and then the original one. I love the Mother games because of it controversial in it's take to the rpg genre, the creepy music that adds a strange feel that no other game could ever possibly make me feel. Also, there is NO sugarcoating and censoring for kids, so in many instances in the the games, things way too gruesome have happened in-game, for example the "Moo training" in Mother 2 (it's basically this: your arms and legs get crippled and then you lose the abillity to speak & all of your 5 senses, with pain being last, and finally you lose your mind completely!). Nice,huh?

Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored (does it count?), and Grandia 2.

Tales of legendia, Tales of symphonia, Tales of graces f, Tales of xillia 1 & 2, tales of the abyss, Persona 3 & 4, Persona q, final fantasy xiii, and bravely default.

Rpgs are just too cool ^^

Mother 3, Earthbound, All Mario and Luigi RPG series games, Fantasy Life, Depa Men, Castle Crashers, All Fire Emblem series games, All Paper Mario RPG series games, Fallout 3 and Las Vegas, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and finally Project X Zone 1 and 2. :D

Just because this is getting out of hand, the thread title reads "Favorite RPG", NOT "List all the RPGs you know"! Keep it simple, 1-2 games and a short reason why it's your favorite!

Reactions: Alex
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7/because it has great battle system,great soundtrack, great story. I even shed a tear at the end.

TEH UNDERTALE IS TEH BEST AND IF U DISAGRI UR RONG

Seriously, I love UNDERTALE(Yes, I write it in all caps), and if you like RPGs and/or bullet hell games, you should check it out, it's just 10 bucks

Back