Fates Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation - General Topic)

• Thread starter Icemario
  • Start date
Oh, wow. And I just got Awakening last week. I loved it so much, that the night that I finished my first campaign, I started Casual mode. (This is serious business.) :eek:

When I first saw this in the direct I was confused, but then the Pegasus knight showed up and I lost my mind.

With this and the amiibo thing for S.T.E.A.M, it seems like the Fire Emblem series is finally getting some deserved attention. For those of you that didn't know, if Fire Emblem: Awakening hadn't sold at least 500k units or something like that, they would have had to cancel the series. That's why Awakening is so good and sold over a million units.

That trailer does make it soo amazing !!!! I bet it will be another cool , awesome and best of all standalone story. I would really look forward to seeing more of this game and really want to buy it . Especially the starting scene made it look so realistic and the characters

It looks pretty good. It seems that a Japenese like army is going against a European medieval like army. I wonder how it's going to turn out when it's released.

Well Fire Emblem was something that my sister showed me, and i didnt have high hopes for it, but the Awakening came out and oh my god Awakening sadly became my life game, I just finished classic on the hardest difficulty (Nightmare i think) and considering theres a new one coming out i might say goodbye to chrom and robin

To me, it seems like a evolved version of the fire emblem: awakening engine

Does anyone know if this will be a good FE game to start with, since Ive never played one before

Does anyone know if this will be a good FE game to start with, since Ive never played one before
I'd be willing to bet it is :3

Looks amasing :D

Well here's some new info on the Japanese version, no mention of the Western release as of yet.

Fire Emblem if, which features two warring factions, is going to be available in two boxed retail versions, each one playing through the game from one side’s perspective, with a different story and unique characters. If you buy one of these boxed versions and want to see how the other goes down, though, you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a discounted rate. And there’s a third campaign, included in neither boxed edition, that’s available only as DLC.

There’ll also be a special edition made available, which bundles the light, dark and third campaign in a single purchase, along with other stuff like an art book

It's all on the Kotaku site: http://kotaku.com/japans-new-fire-emblem-has-four-versions-is-crazy-1695153130

Well here's some new info on the Japanese version, no mention of the Western release as of yet.

Fire Emblem if, which features two warring factions, is going to be available in two boxed retail versions, each one playing through the game from one side’s perspective, with a different story and unique characters. If you buy one of these boxed versions and want to see how the other goes down, though, you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a discounted rate. And there’s a third campaign, included in neither boxed edition, that’s available only as DLC.

There’ll also be a special edition made available, which bundles the light, dark and third campaign in a single purchase, along with other stuff like an art book

It's all on the Kotaku site: http://kotaku.com/japans-new-fire-emblem-has-four-versions-is-crazy-1695153130
That sounds pretty neat! Though now I really want the special edition :confused:

I'm pretty sure when they say the Hoshido campaign will have more opportunities to get experience, which likely means it'll have a world map like in Gaiden, Sacred Stones and Awakening with something akin to Risen battles on it to allow you to level up characters outside of the story, whereas by when they say the Nohr campaign will not have that, making it harder and more like most Fire Emblem games.

And that third campaign, as you'd probably expect, involves a scenario where you side with neither of the two mentioned factions.

Details: http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/

So far I'm loving everything I'm hearing.

I'm pretty sure when they say the Hoshido campaign will have more opportunities to get experience, which likely means it'll have a world map like in Gaiden, Sacred Stones and Awakening with something akin to Risen battles on it to allow you to level up characters outside of the story, whereas by when they say the Nohr campaign will not have that, making it harder and more like most Fire Emblem games.

And that third campaign, as you'd probably expect, involves a scenario where you side with neither of the two mentioned factions.

Details: http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/01/fire-emblem-official-site-snippets/

So far I'm loving everything I'm hearing.
I'm quite interested in the third scenario; what if you don't pick a side? And as those games are all complete games the special edition seems like a great deal; three games plus extra goodies for less than the price of the two normal retail versions combined.

When I first saw the blue hair lady, I was really expecting Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem ._____. I guess I can't be mad since they're going to release a totally new Fire Emblem game for the 3DS (Awakening is my favorite 3DS game).

I noticed that too =/ Hopefully that's not the final thing.

I don't think they shared any of that information >.<
You too ? Well, seems like SMT x FE really took an unexpected turn when they showed us some screens...

Other than that, I do like the fact that we're kinda "stuck" between two choices, because it means that I might want to try the "other side" once the game have been beaten once, just to see what happens in the 2nd ending.

And well, graphically, it's obvious that the guys at Intelligent Systems are now adapted to the 3DS DevKits, we can clearly notice it. As said by @PersonSP, and shown by the trailer, some improvements have been done, and some nice bits have been added as well (again, as said by @PersonSP, the camera swirling down is nice).

Reactions: PersonSP
I also appreciate how you have solid reasons to side with both sides; one side contains the people you were raised by but aren't kin to, whereas the other side contains people who you were not raised with, but are kin to.

I'm quite interested in the third scenario; what if you don't pick a side? And as those games are all complete games the special edition seems like a great deal; three games plus extra goodies for less than the price of the two normal retail versions combined.
Funnily enough, I actually thought the third scenario was actually how the game was going to play out; I hardly expected to be forced to pick a side.

I also appreciate how you have solid reasons to side with both sides; one side contains the people you were raised by but aren't kin to, whereas the other side contains people who you were not raised with, but are kin to.

Funnily enough, I actually thought the third scenario was actually how the game was going to play out; I hardly expected to be forced to pick a side.

Also, I forgot, it wasn't explicitly said in the Nintendo Direct, but the game's name might be Fire Emblem: If, and, the game might copy the Pokémon system with a small twist: If you buy one, you can get the second as a discounted DLC, and having both normally allows you to get a 3rd storyline.
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021888
(just correcting the 4 versions rumours. Apparently, the "4th version" might be a DLC, according to this).

In any case, my choice is done. #TeamHoshido
Edit: Seems like @Ashkil beat me to it, but the NeoGAF thread might clear a few points.

Man, I wished they just put both sides in one game :(

But still, the game looks awesome! Gotta start saving up. I wonder when this will be release.

Also, I forgot, it wasn't explicitly said in the Nintendo Direct, but the game's name might be Fire Emblem: If, and, the game might copy the Pokémon system with a small twist: If you buy one, you can get the second as a discounted DLC, and having both normally allows you to get a 3rd storyline.

Clears a lot for me actually. I was kind of scared that it would be full price for each, and like a crazy $100 thing for all three. The discounted deal for the second is a much better policy.

Also of course, #TeamNohr

I'm really excited for this game. I'm going to get the second version as DLC, as well as the third option, though I'm starting with #TeamNohr. I like being on the "darker" side, and the little girl is so cute on that side!!

The trailer has been translated:

Reactions: Ashkil
Back