Have you bought a Wii U yet?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
South America is never good for gamers, is it?

Anyway, how does the recent price cost affect your buy-decisions?

Still at the same price...

The only game company that entered in Argentina was Sony... also the PSN Store...
More expensive than the USA PSN Store :thumbsdown:

I have not bought the Wii U and I don't plan on it in the future lol

Yup, I got a Wii U:]
It was totally worth it. =D

It's always funny to question how a new system can get better than it is now. Like, we have the Wii U and sure it has it's problems, but this is currently what is hip and happening. The next thing you know, there's a new system and we're like...wow, and I thought this was amazing.

Technology changes so fast. Welcome to the 21th century. :)

It's always funny to question how a new system can get better than it is now. Like, we have the Wii U and sure it has it's problems, but this is currently what is hip and happening. The next thing you know, there's a new system and we're like...wow, and I thought this was amazing.

Technology changes so fast. Welcome to the 21th century. :)

You made me remember the Sega Saturn ad for some reason o_O

You made me remember the Sega Saturn ad for some reason o_O

Never heard or seen of it. Do you have a link to it?

The price drop was enough for me to convince my mom to put a WiiU in layaway, I'll have the Wind Waker bundle this Christmas.

Reactions: Kaynil
The price drop was enough for me to convince my mom to put a WiiU in layaway, I'll have the Wind Waker bundle this Christmas.

I love the Wind Waker music. Fabulous game. You're getting your money worth.

I haven't bought a Wii U yet, I tend to say I want to wait until I can make a list of 5 games I can count without far future (like Zelda "working title U"), remake (Zelda tWW HD) nor games already obtainable in the PS3, which I felt it wasn't the case, but in its defence this other thread proves there is a little more variety than what we want to admit. It turns out there are games that are not under that criteria but for some reason I can't feel excited about like the Wonderful 101, when they are what the Wii U needs, fresh new titles that break the sequels chain and the above explained.

I also think Flarence made a great point about the cycle, explaining how getting the console is a way to voice our interest and the viability of developing for this console. I honestly hadn't considered that.

I want to get my hands on the zelda edition, but I am not sure if we will be able to, as our stores haven't been informed yet if they'd have this promotion available. The only thing about the Zelda edition is that the game is downloaded digitally, instead of a physical copy. :(

Reactions: Flarence
I haven't bought a Wii U yet, I tend to say I want to wait until I can make a list of 5 games I can count without far future (like Zelda "working title U"), remake (Zelda tWW HD) nor games already obtainable in the PS3, which I felt it wasn't the case, but in its defence this other thread proves there is a little more variety than what we want to admit. It turns out there are games that are not under that criteria but for some reason I can't feel excited about like the Wonderful 101, when they are what the Wii U needs, fresh new titles that break the sequels chain and the above explained.

I also think Flarence made a great point about the cycle, explaining how getting the console is a way to voice our interest and the viability of developing for this console. I honestly hadn't considered that.

I want to get my hands on the zelda edition, but I am not sure if we will be able to, as our stores haven't been informed yet if they'd have this promotion available. The only thing about the Zelda edition is that the game is downloaded digitally, instead of a physical copy. :(

Yes, that was a sad move of Nintendo.

I'm probably going to go for a bundle after the price drop is enacted universally, but in all honesty all the people that says they aren't interested now, are making snap judgements. The console hasn't been out for a year yet and already some people are stating it is a failure. Well if we look back in time we can see the 3DS, PS3 had similar starts but now do we see them as failures? I believe the Wii U will pick up this Holiday season, yet the western developer bias will never go away.

I believe the Wii U will pick up this Holiday season, yet the western developer bias will never go away.

I agree. ~
The 3DS is a perfect example, it just needed some more software and a price drop, then boom; it instantly won the handheld console war (Even though the Vita is it's only notable foe lol).

I'm guessing that many third-party games will start to flow out once a huge first-party title comes in the picture, (one that targets core gamers; I'm looking more at Super Smash Bros. and Zelda, rather than Mario) Nintendo also needs to grab more exclusive titles for their console. Wind Waker is an extremely good promise, but it's not enough; the game is a remake and people want to invest in newer games.

Speaking of 'core gamers'. ~
The power of the Wii U is underestimated. It can support newer gen games and graphics, but developers don't want to notice it because of how rocky the Wii was with good graphics and it's low power games. The console's name itself already established a bad reputation for 'hardcore' gamers. In my honest opinion, if Nintendo had given the console a more elaborate name, it wouldn't be recognized as an 'ugraded Wii', because that's not what it is.

There's also another trump card. Nintendo has already stated that the console is capable of playing certain games with two gamepads. However, they haven't released any games that have implemented that yet. They have so much good hardware and innovative ideas, but they aren't really using them yet. The time for making hardware is over, it's time for Nintendo to step it up and make some good games for the Wii U.

Reactions: jandkas
but in all honesty all the people that says they aren't interested now, are making snap judgements.
Since you could say I am one of said people, I'd like to say that not being interested now doesn't necessarily means everyone thinking it will be a failure. Not everyone have enough incentives to feel the urgency of the purchase right now. Some like to let their interest grow steady by getting excited with new games and then act on buying the console. It is just a different strategy than buying the Wii U first and then the games as they are released.

That aside, I agree there has been a lot of 'dramatic' articles talking about how badly the Wii U us and how Nintendo is going backwards and yada-yada. Many read like kids throwing a tantrum because Nintendo doesn't do exactly what they want. I trust Nintendo. I believe they have good ideas and they are daring more than never now that they are the only eastern mentality against the other two giant forces. Sure not all their stuff is beloved and they have done awkward stuff too but they have more accepted ideas than not, which is why they are still in the entertaining business. I also think they need to be cut some slack about not adapting, they are in their own ways, molding things slowly and after they feel confident with what they decided.

Nintendo has good strategy too. Next generation consoles are coming, so Ninty will need their stronger exclusive cards as incentives to draw people into their consoles.
Many of us are baffled of the 2DS but in a way Nintendo answered the main objections parents had: kids getting a round the parent control and using 3D thus damaging their eyes and the hinge being broken. The 2DS doesn't have a folding screen and there is no way your kids can go around the 3DS blocking. It doesn't matter if we think the 2DS is redundant, hesitant parents will find their worries addressed and thus are more likely to spend in them. Then released with pokemon. Even grown ups may end up getting themselves one to trade with themselves and their other copy. It'll work, they know what they are doing more than what we give them credit for.​

Some years ago, they were too quick to reveal their big plays and then had a hard time to keep the interest while the newer consoles reaped the benefits. It makes sense Nintendo learned from that and is patiently waiting until the other consoles are (almost) out before bringing their main sweet stuff, which they have teasing us from beginning and it is coming.

I'd like to say that not being interested now doesn't necessarily means everyone thinking it will be a failure.
Of course not, but I'm adressing people who literally said it was already a failure outright. But yes, Nintendo definitely has a plan and that plan is going into effect this season.

I agree. ~

Speaking of 'core gamers'. ~
The power of the Wii U is underestimated. It can support newer gen games and graphics, but developers don't want to notice it because of how rocky the Wii was with good graphics and it's low power games.

Exactly, there have been tons of critics bashing the Wii U for its graphical capability but in reality Crytek, experienced developers who work with advanced graphics, states it is good.

I tend to be more of a "Killer Title" type of console buyer. I won't buy P4G since it's available on my PS2, but I did consider buying a Vita for P4G, for instance. I bought a 3DS because my friends were talking about FE13 and I needed to follow the hype for no apparent reason.

I tend to be more of a "Killer Title" type of console buyer. I won't buy P4G since it's available on my PS2, but I did consider buying a Vita for P4G, for instance. I bought a 3DS because my friends were talking about FE13 and I needed to follow the hype for no apparent reason.

Well, in my case, I just follow my hearth... For those games I will love :p
And with the 3DS, that list was long.

Tons of awesome games are going to come soon and it will be like the 3DS in all of its glory.

Tons of awesome games are going to come soon and it will be like the 3DS in all of its glory.

Yes, 3DS is the best console of the market right now, thanks to its software.

What game are you looking forward to the most? :)

I'm interest in seeing how Mario Kart 8 turns out.

Back