Have you bought a Wii U yet?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Don't tell me you actually believe in all that horsecrap from the media about Nintendo, especially in the UK.
I don't at all, but a lot of people in the UK do and honestly Nintendo's poor marketing doesn't help at all to pursuade people that the console can do well. But y'know it's not like I have lots of money to spend on games right now so a Wii U can only come when it has a better install base, which means tons of more 3rd party games alongside the great exclusives. I don't want to have to get another console for 3rd party.

I wouldn't say it's doing terribly well either. This is a great momentum builder for Nintendo, but 666% even shows how poor the console was doing before Mario Kart 8 revived it. It still needs tons of more sales to make it 100% not struggling, because it has little 3rd party support and 6 and a half million sales for 2 years isn't good enough.

Agreed, there's a reason I'm still not interested in buying it yet.

I don't at all, but a lot of people in the UK do and honestly Nintendo's poor marketing doesn't help at all to pursuade people that the console can do well. But y'know it's not like I have lots of money to spend on games right now so a Wii U can only come when it has a better install base, which means tons of more 3rd party games alongside the great exclusives. I don't want to have to get another console for 3rd party.

I wouldn't say it's doing terribly well either. This is a great momentum builder for Nintendo, but 666% even shows how poor the console was doing before Mario Kart 8 revived it. It still needs tons of more sales to make it 100% not struggling, because it has little 3rd party support and 6 and a half million sales for 2 years isn't good enough.
You know the Wii U has a larger install base than Xbox One right?

Struggling? Tell me that a year from now when all the new games are released xD

Reactions: jandkas
Yeah, I bought one in June of 2013. At the time (and up until very recently), it was a fantastic decision because I used the web browser as a full time computer, but now it's just sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Speaking of which, I need to play Super Toy Cars.

Did he say it doesn't?

Yes, but it's been out for like a year more, and Xbox One has tons of more 3rd party support. All of the new games that will come out interest me, but Nintendo exclusives alone aren't enough for a home console for me, I want to see that it has a whole bunch of games that are both 1st and 2nd party.

While I am pretty satisfied with first-party games, I don't like buying such an expensive console without any guarantee of getting a lot of cool multi-platform games coming to the PS4 and XBox One. One of the things that annoyed me about the Wii was that it had very little third-party games. That's what led me to using PC to play third-party games with my Nintendo consoles for first-party games.

Got one for my birthday (July 7th) :D I wanted the Mario kart 8 bundle but they were pretty much gone so I decided to get the regular wii u deluxe but they were sold out. -_- So then I had to get the stupid Super mario bros u + luigi bundle + the mario kart 8 game and it sure sucked because my mom had to pay 400 Dollars ;~;
Games I want to get: Super Mario 3d world
Super smash bros u
Donkey kong tropical freeze
Shin Megami Ten sai X Fire emblem!

I don't have a WiiU yet but I plan to get one. I just don't have enough money yet. I also want quite a few more good games to be released for WiiU like Mario Kart 8.

I have yet to purchase one (currently investing in one). I will most likely get the premium bundle, with one game at least. It may be a while, until I do get it, but at least I do have hope. :p

Finally got mine home today. Got a little more than an hour worth of updating left to do though, but I'm finally in the club, at least :p

Reactions: ErixSan
I love the Wii U! It's so awesome! I got one for Christmas, and I keep playing it! I especially love Super Smash Bros For Wii U, it's my favourite game on the console. I can't wait to get Super Smash Bros For 3DS so I can play Smash on the go, and get Mewtwo!

I got a Wii U on Christmas 2013 with Nintendo Land. Bought Super Mario 3D World the day after.

I get my WiiU and I loved it, now I'm using the gamepad to answer here! xD

Reactions: Ninja-Patty
Not yet, deciding whetther I should get a ps4 or wii u this black Friday. If I do end up getting a wii u I'll buy these games
-super smash bros
-bayonetta 2
-xenoblade chronicles x

The Wii U is a good console and I really like it for its features it provides . But it isn't really selling very well . I really don't like the Wii U , but it does has its features . I am not really planning to get the Wii U just as yet because I don't have the money . :p . For now I have my Laptop and my 3ds with me and as soon as the Wii U has good games in stock , I will buy it because of the exclusives on it and I really hope to see more good in the Wii U:giggle:

Back