Tutorial HomePass for 9.X.X 3DS Systems

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
HomePass is basically StreetPass, except that you configure your laptop/device that supports connection sharing to make your 3DS believe you're passing by a Nintendo Zone, while you're actually at home.

So, it's more like: StreetPass at home through Internet.
Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the bump but I happened to come across this tutorial and I get an error at step 4 after entering the mac address (without colons, yes).

The command promt says it "could not find adapter name Wi-Fi", but that's definitely what I've named my main internet connection so I'm not sure what to do now. Any advice?

Sorry for the bump but I happened to come across this tutorial and I get an error at step 4 after entering the mac address (without colons, yes).

The command promt says it "could not find adapter name Wi-Fi", but that's definitely what I've named my main internet connection so I'm not sure what to do now. Any advice?

Well, if your main Internet connection is called "Internet", remember to add the quotes!
Otherwise, it might be your WLAN device that doesn't support MAC Address switching.
Please retry and tell me the result.

Well, if your main Internet connection is called "Internet", remember to add the quotes!
Otherwise, it might be your WLAN device that doesn't support MAC Address switching.
Please retry and tell me the result.

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid I'm already lost here. Why would my main Internet connection be called "Internet"? I thought I was supposed to name it Wi-Fi, without any quotes, in order for the script to work. Is this a separate thing or am I misunderstanding you here?

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid I'm already lost here. Why would my main Internet connection be called "Internet"? I thought I was supposed to name it Wi-Fi, without any quotes, in order for the script to work. Is this a separate thing or am I misunderstanding you here?

Well, it's just that I haven't used the script for a while, so I think it's the thing mentioned in the tutorial.
In any case, ensure that you typed it correctly.

Well, it's just that I haven't used the script for a while, so I think it's the thing mentioned in the tutorial.
In any case, ensure that you typed it correctly.
I see, no problem. Yeah I typed it correctly but it keeps giving me the same error, no idea why.

I was hoping to get HomePass up and running for that upcoming Eon Ticket distribution but I guess I won't be able to get it working. Thanks anyway.

I see, no problem. Yeah I typed it correctly but it keeps giving me the same error, no idea why.

I was hoping to get HomePass up and running for that upcoming Eon Ticket distribution but I guess I won't be able to get it working. Thanks anyway.

You know, maybe it'll also get a SpotPass distribution too. I don't know how Game Freak/Nintendo will do the event, so, maybe it'll get another distribution through another mean.

Reactions: Kakea
Thanks for this tuto its very nice but are you sure it will work on all 3ds or is it gonna depend on you're pc

Thanks for this tuto its very nice but are you sure it will work on all 3ds or is it gonna depend on you're pc

It works with all the 3DS as far as I know. I doubt the 2DS or the N3DS have or will have a different SSID list, or a different WLAN device. It just depends if your PC supports both 1) MAC Address changing and 2) your WLAN device supports hosted networks.

OK thanksdude iI'lltry and its nice

if anyone has problems getting passed the 2nd step go to computer manager and the click on device manager and click more actions and go to view and click show hidden devices look for something that says microsoft host right click and click enable that should fix it

I'm glad I found this!
it makes me mad though my android died by the time I found it....

@Marc can ya pin this thread? lol
This is kind of a useful tutorial for Streetpassing lol
Especially that Eon Ticket on the loose 0_O

i am so doing this

can do this on iphones

Last edited by a moderator:
can do this on iphones
I don't know, I'm an Android User. I actually doubt since it would involve tethering, and Apple don't want you to use your iPhone this way (In the same time, the day where iOS will allow as many things as an Android tablet/phone...)

okay then

also if you have problems with it working right click on your internet and click properties and click sharing and then check allow other network users and chose the network on the bottom the one that is the NZ@McD1 i think it be mark as local btw your password on step 1 has to be the same as your router you should be abeal to have a internet connection on your 3ds with the NZ@McD1 connection on the search for an access point thing on the 3ds

Reactions: Kakea and D4rkDragon
For some odd reason my MAC address never seems to change...

For some odd reason my MAC address never seems to change...

Use Technitium MAC Address Changer. Free, but effective. Since my MAC address stopped going well for this, I'm using it and so far, I had not trouble with it. (Maybe Windows 8.1 blocked MacShift ?)

hey, i have a problem. my hosted network dont have a network access and my 3ds cant connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back