How Often Do You Send Letters to Animal Neighbors?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
Corey

Corey

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
In every Animal Crossing game, you can write and send letters to the animal neighbors in your town. Do you send them any letters from time to time? Do you think it's stupid to send a message to someone that isn't even real? Or do you like to be naughty and send them a letter telling them to go die in a hole?

I mostly don't find myself sending letters to my animal neighbors. Mostly because I either don't have the time, or I just feel that writing and sending a letter to a virtual video game character is a waste of time. But whenever I do find myself sending a letter, it's because I want to get rid of furniture or anything that I don't want. Sometimes the animal neighbors will give you something in return for sending them stuff, which is cool. And if you're lucky enough, you may even get their photograph!

So, how often do you send letters to your animal neighbors?

PeteNL.png

Reactions: KEWYoda, Teresa2011 and Marc
I used to do it on a regular occasion but Now that I've been busy with outside life I don't play it as much and I spend time talking to them while I am pulling the 3-4 weeds in my world along with watering the flowers and digging for fossils and smashing rocks.

I had sent out letters so I could eventually get the bronze postman badge. But that never happened.

I haven't sent a single letter since I made my new town, and I probably never will.

Panda :panda:

I used to do it on a regular occasion but Now that I've been busy with outside life I don't play it as much and I spend time talking to them while I am pulling the 3-4 weeds in my world along with watering the flowers and digging for fossils and smashing rocks.

Real life, the worst enemy of the games!

I send letters simply for the possibility of them being shown around if they move or something. It worked better on the Wii as we were more than one resident on the town so my buddy got to read my funny stuff or fruit demanding letters and I got to read a few of his ones.

I try to make them coherent. Since I got Cookie I kept pestering her about how wrong it was to break that poor guy's heart (online joke). they never understand my letters so they say unrelated things.

I also try to send letters as often as possible to the animals I like because I have never ever been able to get a picture and I am hoping that sending more letters increases my chances.

Sometimes I send stuff to help their houses since they usually use them. I know they used my gifted wallpapers in the Wii one, but I haven't tried yet in New Leaf. So far I am trying to turn Charlise's home into the balloon set. I just keep popping those balloons even when I have everything so I kind of like the idea they might be the piece someone else needs once she moves out and then she may randomly make's someone else's days once she decides to put it up for sale. Silly, i know, but meanwhile gives me some purpose to both letters and balloon furniture stuff.

I rarely am nasty but I do tend to be annoying in my letters.

"Green Toes Charlise,
Please tell me something
so I can sleep again at
nite: Why is your fur
bright green?
- I wonder -"

Another thing is: it annoys me the game engine doesn't change line for me when writing my letters, I could leave it as it is but I feel I must space or click enter so the word reads complete in one line. Am I the only one?

Reactions: Marc
No, I never sent a letter to an animal neighbor, and I don't plan on doing so either. I've got more important things to do.

I never send letters to my neighbors. There just isn't time for me to be doing that. :)

I think I sent a letter to one of my neighbors just to try it out. Other than that, I never waste time sending letters to neighbors who aren't real. It would have been cool if we could have sent letters to our 3DS contacts over Wi-Fi.

Reactions: Teresa2011, 3dsatackman, Kaynil and 1 other person
I stopped sending them after I got the bronze badge :p Might still send more to get the gold one.

I think I sent a letter to one of my neighbors just to try it out. Other than that, I never waste time sending letters to neighbors who aren't real. It would have been cool if we could have sent letters to our 3DS contacts over Wi-Fi.
Almost like Swap Note in a way. That would be awesome!

i send letters quite a bit. sometimes they villagers actualy right back with a present but usaly it is just: thanks for t=righting here is smell of chicken rosting or something like that. but i am going to do it until i get gold badge also i use it when i go to friends towns and surprise them with a gift.

Reactions: Teresa2011
It would have been even cooler if we could send letters to our mum in New Leaf, like it was rumoured. :oops:

Reactions: 3dsatackman
that would be cool and if every time we wrote we would get a item or some bells. also today i got my bronze badge for writing a ton of letters only 150 more letter till gold :p also if anyone is wondering you have to write 50 to get bronze 100 to get silver and 200 to get gold.

I sent alot, until I got the "gold medal" for it :D

congrats :) i dont send as many as i want to because i always keep my letters(from mom and special letters) so i have more space to hold stuff :p

I, err, actually like sending letters to my virtual furry friends... :facepalm: Because 1: why not? 2: I get attached to things/persons/my furry animal friends quickly, so I hope that by sending them letters they'll nevaaaah leave me :p and 3, probably the best reason, because the replies they send are so funny! If I send them something like 'Happy birthday' or 'your toaster is pretty nice :thumbsup:' you get an over-emotional letter back with par example 'I was overwhelmed by the kind letter you send me and I will cherish it forever' and if I read those letters I start thinking that I haven't actually failed as a mayor :pompus:

I probably send letters to my friends every once in a while. It surprises them because not many people send letters. If any of you come to my town, feel free to send me a letter. I don't think I've ever received one from a friend before.

I send the inhabitants of my animal crossing game letters any time I don't play the game for a while, to prevent them from moving out. (I heard somewhere every letter is taken as a reason to stay in the town in new leaf, at least)

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I send the inhabitants of my animal crossing game letters any time I don't play the game for a while, to prevent them from moving out. (I heard somewhere every letter is taken as a reason to stay in the town in new leaf, at least)
cool i did not know that. i think i will send letters to my fav villagers more :) and maybe none to the ones i dont link ;)

cool i did not know that. i think i will send letters to my fav villagers more :) and maybe none to the ones i dont link ;)
Glad to know I could help.

Back