if you lost your stylus would you use your fingers or buy a new one

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
I have extra under my bed I dont know why but I never like having no stylus to use so I would get one from under my bed if all of them were gone I would just immediatly go to GameStop and buy a stylus kit I would store the rest I didnt use under my bed in case my regular rainbow stylus goes missing so ya if I lost all my styluses I would HAVE to get new ones because they dont really work well if I use my hands to type on the 3DS or Wii U so I would immediatly get a new kit.
Under your bed? Ugggh yuck like dont they get all dusty under there or something?

I've lost my stylus before, so I pretty much had to use my fingers.
I don't go to the store often, but I'll pick up a stylus if I need one while I'm getting something else.
They have some cool looking ones, like one with characters on the end!
Super-Mario-Stylus-4-Pack-for-Nintendo-DS-11492439-1.jpg

Pretty cool, right?

Hey yeah that does look kinda nice. But id probably end up buying the normal onea anyway kek^^

I don't tend to lose my stylus, but if such a horrid thing did happen I would just resort to using my Finger to play my games lol >.> It would be pain for mostly Mario Maker, but that's something I'll get used to within a day or two...

I don't tend to lose my stylus, but if such a horrid thing did happen I would just resort to using my Finger to play my games lol >.> It would be pain for mostly Mario Maker, but that's something I'll get used to within a day or two...

Oh wow kek i know i would never adjust there, ive used a stylus on everything compatible since the original ds. So for me, that would be like trying to read Japanese (which i cant do at all now but hope to learn soon).

If I ever lose stylus of Nintendo 3ds xl I probably going to buy new one as using finger might left stain on 3ds screen which really does not look good .

And if their will stain on my 3ds I won't be available reasist my eagerness to clean it(I hate cleaning and all that :p)

if you lost your stylus would you go buy a new one or just use your hands? Me personally would go buy a new one for alot of reasons first of all there cheap. And second of all its sooo hard to write with your fingers. I always mess up with my fingers. So i would totally buy a new one.

So what would you do go buy a new one or just simply use your fingers???
I will buy one. They are really cheap, and yes, it is hard to do it with your fingers. The only problem they almost don't sell it in Israel, so if I am losing them I need to look alot for a shop that sells one.

I lost my stylus long time ago, i use a cotton bud, and its the best stylus i had
Genius lol I love it. Ill definitely have to keep that in mind if i ever loose mine.

I'm not sure I'd care actually. I only use the stylus in Pokemon Picross and I haven't played that in months.
But if I lost one and needed one, I'd use the one from another one of my 3DS systems :p
And if I lost a second one, I'd still have one left :p
But yeah, if I lost all three of them and needed one for some reason, I'd buy new ones.

I lose my stylus all the time because it keeps falling out of the place you put it in. ;-; Usually, I get one from my cousin who has a lot of extras in case she loses hers. And using my finger is hard for me so now I just use a tiny pencil, which actually works! xD

Reactions: Alex041101
i've been using my fingers for as long as I can remember actually, i always end up losing the stylus...

I honestly wouldn't care for a stylus. If I were to lose mine I probably wouldn't even care, I never really use it of that matter. The only time I would really put it to use is by drawing or something which would be a rare occasion.

I think I'd try to at the very least search around for something that ressemble a stylus pen,and doesn't cause too much harm to my DS's or 3DS's touch screen.My DS Lite lost its stylus a while ago,so I use my Snivy-theme stylus to accomplish it's function.My 3DS's stylus is still fine though,although I witnessed one or two times that it got lost around my room. :panda:
To be honest,I can't play comfortably with my fingers if I was tasked to rely just on them.They're too big and unprecise to rely on,especially in those cases where the game is hugely impacted by it. :bookworm:

I've never had a stylus. I lost it on the first day, I think. I've been using pens, pencils, knives, headphone jacks, screwdrivers, and sometimes even a jackhammer for my 3DS.

I lose my stylus pretty often, and thus I purchase stylus's pretty often. Well, maybe every 4-5 months I buy a pack of like 10 for $5 off Amazon or something. Using your fingers is gross and not precise, can't imagine playing something like Mario Maker without a stylus.

Even though I rarely use my stylus on my 3DS to justify purchasing a new one if I misplace it, I would not use my finger on my 3DS's touchscreen. It'll just make it dirty and I'd have to go through the trouble of using a cloth to wipe it regularly.

wash your hands

I loose my stylus' all the time, but that's why I have another two six packs of them. I always have backups. If I ever loose them all, I would just buy a new one, I mean, you'll only be out like, 3 dollars for a six pack, so it's not really that big of a deal to me.

I personally have yet to loose a stylus due to the infrequency of their use. I'm very paranoid of losing the stylus and have back ups just in case because when I lose the stylus I'll actually need one. On my old 3DS Xl I had a stylus with a burr that would catch on the screen protector, this one was the only stylus I have ever replaced.

As for people who complain about dirty finger prints...I bought a matte finish screen protector that reduces the visibility of finger smudges and dirt. Yes, such a screen protector is more expensive, but it's self healing and you'll only ever need on for the life of your system.

I'd just use my finger/nail, I have three styluses yet always use my thumbs or d-pad (when available) anyway

Reactions: Alex041101
I'd buy another stylus (this is if I don't loose my pen stylus). I know now I at times use my finger even though I still have my stylus but that is only with Pokémon.

My sister uses a Mechanical Pencil on her ds

they are cheap and if you use you hands the screen can what is the word i am searching? ¿scratch?(sorry my english isnt perfect)

so, better be carefull and buying a new one

the first time I losed a stilus and used my hands, the screen got so ¿scratched? that some games were inplayable, Fortunately my mother found a store were she could change the screen for 15 euros and she buyed me some stilus just in case

Back