if you lost your stylus would you use your fingers or buy a new one

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
I've lost my DS stylus many times, and I never found that big of a problem using my fingers. I only used it in like Mario and Pokemon, so it wasn't a problem.

If I lose my 3DS one, I would use my older DS one or a soft ended pen with no tip (that works quite well too!)

hmmm, seems a lot of people dont mind using their fingers if lost a stylus hehe :p im very used to using a stylus, so at most if i really had to use my fingers it might feel kinda awkward for me. id just live with it if i knew how to play TFF games with no stylus, kek. i dont think that would go very well for me lol :p that an nintendogs+ cats... that might be just a little tricky...? kek

I wouldn't use my fingers as I love to keep my stuff clean. I'd just buy a new one to preserve the cleanliness of my 3DS. And I have rather big fingers (in comparison to my family) so I feel as though I won't be able to reliably play the game, without unnecessary repercussions because of that. Whenever I can use a stylus I will and I will do until I'm broke and homeless!

This has happened to me, and I picked buying another stylus, and I would do it again in a heartbeat (Even though I have 9 extras now). They aren't expensive, you get them in the bulk (Usually ~10 in a pack) and for some reason I find it very unsettling to not have a stylus either in my hand or in that little slot where it goes. I'm weird like that.

I would buy a whole set of styluses. It's a lot more precise to use a stylus on the screen

I lost my Wii u stylus so I use my 2ds stylus for both systems XD
But yeah I hate using my fingers just go to Amazon or eBay

I wouldn't buy a new one. I would probably just use my mechanical pencil. After making sure the lead is not extended, it works better than a stylus in my opinion. I have colors! 3d, and I always use my mechanical pencil instead because it is more steady, less slippery, and over all works better.

Reactions: Kadaj
If I lost my stylus, I'd kill myself. Then, if I'm not dead, I'd buy a new one.

i lost my stylus within about a month of getting my 3DS and have almost always had to use my fingers. i literally haven't had a single problem due to that since then, and any time i actually need more control/precision, i just grab a empty mechanical pencil or something :T

i lost my stylus within about a month of getting my 3DS and have almost always had to use my fingers. i literally haven't had a single problem due to that since then, and any time i actually need more control/precision, i just grab a empty mechanical pencil or something :T

Yeah i do that too if im too tired to go searching for my styluses and/or im too short on time to spend much time looking for one stylus. Thats why i purposefully keep at least two empty pencils so i dont have much to worry about. Me personally, if i lose something an cant find it, im one to just forget about it and try again later as long as its not something important that i must have available at all times or anything important otherwise for any reason. Its often best just to use something else in this case if you dont have time to rush to a store or look for the missing one. :p

by another stylus because then if you have greece on your fingers or dirt you get that on your screen and then you have to somehow clean if of but you don't always have a screen wipe even though most case kits have a stylus and a screen cleaner.

I would probably go buy another one. although if i use my hands I would wipe down my screen every now and then.

Probably for some things, if I couldn't use the D pad/A,B,X,Y buttons, but if I played a game like many of the mini games in Mario Party Island Tour, I'd resort to using pencil(eraser end of course) or something else skinny and soft-tipped.

Even If I have my stylus I have a habit of using my finger when it comes to playing on my 3DS or playing splatoon on my Wii U so me losing my stylus wouldn't be different.

I think this thread jinxed me, though I didn't lose my stylus, the 1/5 centimeter long tip just broke off.I bought extra some extras DS Lite stylus'(cause I read something that said they fit 3DS too). It fits well enough into the slot where you put the stylus in a 3DS. Actually better, cause it doesn't slide out as easy, so I won't lose it. It's just a little shorter.

I have 4 so if I lost all of them then I'd say I'm one messy person lol. I do pretty good at keeping up with them so I don't see my self losing mine. I mostly use my finger less I'm drawing something anyways cause most game a stylist isn't to important to have around . If I did lose mine then I guess I would just but more just because I need it for the drawing part that I use my 3ds for.

I buy my stylius at "Micromania", a french shop because I live in france. It's only 0.99 euros and I get some points for discount coupons. I have buy a 3DS kit and there was so much stylius ! But why Nintendo do not recomand us to use our fingers on the screen ?

I buy my stylius at "Micromania", a french shop because I live in france. It's only 0.99 euros and I get some points for discount coupons. I have buy a 3DS kit and there was so much stylius ! But why Nintendo do not recomand us to use our fingers on the screen ?

Im not certain on that, but i believe it may be related to damage concerns regarding the accuracy of the touch screen response/ reaction which could be damaged from too much pressure on it, etc.

Also, ive known many people who game excessively, their hands got warm and this causes noticeable friction that could be damaging to it. Remember, Nintendo touch screens dont have the same inpuy response so to speak that android/ IOS tablets do and because of this things might get a bit awkward if you do that too much with your fingers on a 3DS screen... Im not definite on this, but i believe it is likely why Nintendo advises such. I cant say though even if this is why if its always 100% true because it seems people here (a lot of them i noticed) use their fingers and i dont remember hearing of any problems that occured later on with the touch screen from doing that excessively.

Just what im guessing their reason is, hope this might answer your question. :p

Im not certain on that, but i believe it may be related to damage concerns regarding the accuracy of the touch screen response/ reaction which could be damaged from too much pressure on it, etc.

Also, ive known many people who game excessively, their hands got warm and this causes noticeable friction that could be damaging to it. Remember, Nintendo touch screens dont have the same inpuy response so to speak that android/ IOS tablets do and because of this things might get a bit awkward if you do that too much with your fingers on a 3DS screen... Im not definite on this, but i believe it is likely why Nintendo advises such. I cant say though even if this is why if its always 100% true because it seems people here (a lot of them i noticed) use their fingers and i dont remember hearing of any problems that occured later on with the touch screen from doing that excessively.

Just what im guessing their reason is, hope this might answer your question. :p

Eeh, yea, I've always been worried about damaging the touch screen on my DSs too. I always put a screen protector down on the touch screen before I start playing on it. It doesn't a/effect(I don't remember the dif.) the touch part of games at all, finger, stylus, or what have you. And it's a good thing too. I've had my 3DS since Pokemon X/Y came out, and the center of the touch screen(screen protector) is all scratched up and has a texture to it. :\

I've only got one stylus left out of my like, 8 that I've ever had. I've even lost the super cool extending one that came with the 3ds. So based on past experiences, I'd have to go with using my finger.

If i lost my stylus for my 2DS, i think i would rather just find any item around the house that is small enough to fit in my pocket but big enough to not be a pain to use as a stylus. That is what i would do instead of buying a new one. I have already done this and it is actually very easy to do so.

Reactions: 24460
Back