if you lost your stylus would you use your fingers or buy a new one

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
I would both use my hands and go buy a new stylus for the reson that i have big fingers and typing without a stylus is super hard without messing up and they are like R10 so they are super Cheap and i have a ultimate gamer store like a block from my house.

To be honest, I'd freak out for the simple fact that is was the original that came with my 3DS. I'm all about keeping originals so that would just make me go nuts. I'd go buy a new and cooler one then though and I'd get over it LOL.

I honestly wouldn't buy a new one. I'd rather look for an object that can be used as a substitute first (more commonly a pen) before I go and purchase more.

Well I did lose my stylus and I bought a pack of new ones. I still have them. I lost the stylus of my dsi, but I have them in case I lose the 3ds one since using your fingers isn't precise enough for me. I do use my fingers when I literally can't miss what I want to click, but I am just so used to using a stylus that I wouldn't like using my fingers.

I'm a tad boring, so I'd just go out and buy another. In the absence of a replacement, I wouldn't play until I could get to one out of fear for my screen.

Mine broke from being used too much (yes that's possible) and since it was the 'head'-thingy that broke it fell out of my 3Ds and I lost it. So I bought 3 new stereoscopic styluses. A stylus is far more precise and the screen doesn't get all smudgy so to me it seemed like the only option.

I have all my stylus, they're just on my window still. I don't really use a stylus though...It's complicated holding the game and the stylus at the same time. For instance: MH4U, I don't use the stylus and just use my thumb to quickly tap on items on the bottom and turn the screen. I find it more easier and quicker. I also have the tendency to nibble on the stylus, the end pointing to me. Or I hold it in my mouth, I don't really use it hehehe..

I'd most likely buy a new one.

I definitely would not buy a new one, I know because I lost my stylus years ago XD then again, it's a lot easier for me to control it without smudging the screen because I have long nails.

Not to boast but I have about 72 styluses and have been collecting them from different game stores and case covers and old consoles. My collection started when I had my DS and in a case bundle, got two styluses. After that I remember buying a Hyrule symbol stylus individually. I have finally reached the stated number after 7 years of hard work, buying as many as possible. By the way I have 14 Nintendo cases.

Use my fingers or use a retractable pen. I don't really need a stylus for the games I have either way. Well, besides Kid Icarus: Uprising but that game is easy to play with a thumb.

I would just buy a new one. If I really had to, I'd use my finger until I could afford a new stylus.

I did lose mine and I use my finger, but since I draw a lot on the 3DS I use a mechanical pencil (with the lead gone or not out) and draw with it. It works really well, and unlike normal pencils doesn't scratch up your screen! Yay! Also, using a normal pencil can make your screen all gray >.<

Reactions: 3391
Stylus' are the easiest things to loose >.<
I do buy them but quite often I just find myself having to use my fingers anyway. I had the pokemon case for my 3ds and that came with 3 special stylus' but I ended up loosing even them...

I got 4 back-ups :3

Well, I usually use my finger, but pen without led for KI: U.

I still have my first stylus. I'm surprised I haven't lost it I usually lose my styluses. Anyways if I lost my stylus and couldn't find it even after searching, I would use my fingers. At least until I bought a new stylus if I buy styluses I go to Walmart and buy a seven pack XS.

Fingers or just use a pen that retracts

The 3DS I bought from ebay didn't come with a stylus, nor any games (Which is my very first 3DS I have ever owned..)
I've had to use my fingers, which I think work pretty well, gives it the tablet PC feel.

Never use pens.
This will destroy the screen.
You dont want the screen to be ruined cause it will be a pain to repair.
Fingers are a good option.
But they are not very accurate.
It is agood option to buy one.
But we if they are not lost it is good.
We should take extra care of the stylus
It is an important part of 3ds

Reactions: BMR27
I've lost my DS stylus many times, and I never found that big of a problem using my fingers. I only used it in like Mario and Pokemon, so it wasn't a problem.

If I lose my 3DS one, I would use my older DS one or a soft ended pen with no tip (that works quite well too!)

Back