if you lost your stylus would you use your fingers or buy a new one

• Thread starter pokemon wiz kid
  • Start date
Nope me when i lost my stylus i ask my daddy to by a packet of stylus so that when i lost one i use the others .But when all are lost i use things that are similar to it like : a needle,pens,pencils and some times my fingers xD . But when i use them it spoils my screen and i don't know how i can do to it to become back normal

I would probably buy a new one. They are not really that expensive and using my fingers would mean that the screen would probably keep getting scratched and it would look really bad :p not to mention that fingernails arn't very accurate when
playing kid icarus lol

Reactions: Kadaj
I use either my finger or stylus from time to time. If I've lost it then I'll use my finger while I wait for my replacement stylus to arrive. Fingers don't really pose much of a threat to the screen aside easily cleanable finger smudges, unless you happen to have fingernails which get in the way.

Definitly depends on what game I am playing, but if I had to say in general, than I would definitly rather play with a stylus.
But again, it really matters on what game I am playing :)

If you're likely to lose your stilus (and even if not) I think it's safer to buy screen protections. My NDSI lived a very long time and got 2 sets of screen protection. when I sold it in a second hand shop, the screen had not a single scratch. They were perfect.

No, my fingers would be incredibly inprecise. I'd probably buy a pack of six or something...

If I lost my 3ds pencil and couldn't find it I would of used a led pencil instead of having to go all the way to the store and I believe it would still be the same just that it would feel kind of weird now that you don't have a pencil also I wouldn't use my fingers because it would make my 3ds dirtier and it would make a lot of smudges and I would also get more bacteria in my fingers (although I already have some because I'm typing :eek:) ,.

Well the question was pretty answered for me in real life as I lost my stylus and for about a year I was using my fingers until I got tired of it. So I decided to go to Walmart and grab a 3ds case and a pack of 6 stylus'. thing was all the stylus were for the 3ds xl and I had an original 3ds. So it is kinda annoying I can't put the stylus in the stylus spot but it isn't as bad as using my hand.

If at any time I lost my stylus I'd use a pencil. All it does is leave writings on the screen. I just wipe them off.

If at any time I lost my stylus I'd use a pencil. All it does is leave writings on the screen. I just wipe them off.

Or better yet, use a pen with no ink heh (used up) then you have zero marks on your screen :p thats what i did before since i couldn't make it to a store before. Might even be more accurate then a pencil depending on the tip (just a guess, might be wrong). If it was a game like pokemon sun for example, i could care less in general on the subject but when talk about a game like TFF curtain call, kid icarus and drawing minigames in Mario party, thats a bit of a drag using fingers since you need more precision. Best to just buy new ones and keep extras stored someplace for something like that

I already did i now have 50 extra stylus to use incase a lose it 50 times. I have 50 because i lost my original and could not find it. Stylus are cheap anyways in big bulks

I hope that day never comes. Let´s suppose that unfortunate thing happens, well I won´t, under any means use my fingers on the touch screen, I would rather buy a new one or use my wii u´s stylus but never my fingers. I have some Friends of mine who tend to use their fingers on the touchpad and the screen starts looking like a baby with wet hands has played with the console. I might be kind of meticulous on that matter but I love seeing my systems clean.

Reactions: Alegria
Actually, I lost my stylus quite some time ago. So, I mainly use my finger for every game I play. :p

It probably isn’t the best thing in the world for my poor screen to endure, but hey, it could be worse, am I right? :panda:

I'd have to get a stylus for a game that needed touch screen for controls. If there's only some big buttons on the screen then there's no worries and my thumb would be fine.

*Star Fox Command nostalgia*

Buy a new one. Using my finger is just not quite as precise as using a stylus.

I pretty much don't us mine unless I draw on my 3ds . Most games really don't need it cause you can play with out it just fine. Unless you don't want to get your screen dirty but that's what protectors are for. I have yet to come across a game that purely need it to play that game.

Back