Kirby: Triple Deluxe.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
It's funny hearing people say this is "too classic". When a different style Kirby game comes out, like Mass Attack, these same critics say, "it's too different, it doesn't feel like Kirby". Like I've said, some folks can't be pleased.

Reactions: Reece
It's funny hearing people say this is "too classic". When a different style Kirby game comes out, like Mass Attack, these same critics say, "it's too different, it doesn't feel like Kirby". Like I've said, some folks can't be pleased.
They are horrible, I'm feeling indignation by these reviews, when I read some of those, I'm thinking "How did this reviewer get this job!"

Off topic, but Mass Attack is my favorite Kirby game. 'Twas great.

Reactions: TAG
Off topic, but Mass Attack is my favorite Kirby game. 'Twas great.
Mass Attack, and Kirby's Yarn added so much innovation, it was really something new and special to the series.

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to get this interesting news out of the way before I forget.

Are you one of the few people who recognizes that Kirby always look angry in the North American box art of gaming, when compared to the Japanese box art?
e2964600b2bc36784570b17404e3ba36205bfacd.jpg
kirby_angry_friendly.jpg

An explanation has finally been brought, based on these appearance differences:

“For the Japanese versions we are, at [Kirby series developer] HAL, involved in everything throughout development, including the package design. The most powerful image of Kirby is that cute image, we think that’s the one that appeals to the widest audience. While it does start cute, we know there is a serious side to Kirby as well, and throughout the gameplay we see more and more of that, and the games themselves have quite a bit of depth. That being said, we recognise that Kirby’s cuteness is his biggest draw in [the Japanese] market. What we have heard is that strong, tough Kirby that’s really battling hard is a more appealing sign of Kirby, so that’s what we feature in the US.” ~ Interview With "Kirby" Series Developer.

I'm not good at video games, so the more it's easy, the best it is! :D

The same happens with Sonic...

- After the trailer of Sonic Lost World
Great! It has the old formula with a new touch, and it's great! Also they added more platforming, and it was a good thing to slow him down.

Sonic doesn't need to keep the boost gameplay. It also needs more 2D!

- After the release of the game
Bad! The should never tried that! That sucks... More platforming? WE WANT SPEED! TOO SLOW!
ALSO IT HAS TOO MUCH 2D!

Well, it looks like Kirby and Sonic fans are hard to guess :p
It also happens with another series, but I don't remember right now...

The same happens with Sonic...

- After the trailer of Sonic Lost World
Great! It has the old formula with a new touch, and it's great! Also they added more platforming, and it was a good thing to slow him down.

Sonic doesn't need to keep the boost gameplay. It also needs more 2D!

- After the release of the game
Bad! The should never tried that! That sucks... More platforming? WE WANT SPEED! TOO SLOW!
ALSO IT HAS TOO MUCH 2D!

Well, it looks like Kirby and Sonic fans are hard to guess :p
It also happens with another series, but I don't remember right now...
I also remember that Kirby's Epic Yarn got some reviewers a bit annoyed off. I don't know why innovation scares people, even though I'm straying a bit off-topic, the Wii U is totally innovative, but people won't accept it because it's different, and this is the reason why we'll always have games like Call of Duty, complexly repeating itself, because gamers can't accept the fact that something is unique and different.

Even though this game got so much mixed reviews, it is still going to sell profusely.

Back in the day I wondered if they'd ever bring a new Kirby game to the 3DS. I never doubted it for a second, heh. The gameplay looks nice, but the "easy" part is a turn-off for me, :panda: I like a good challenge (like the old Donkey Kong Country games)

New Kirby Triple Deluxe, commercial video, I just saw it and I'm in love with this game.
That looks amazing, :love:

New Kirby Triple Deluxe gameplay, showing some sort of rhythm mini-game, looks interesting.​
Not really a fan of the rhythm mini-game, :oops:

@Marc, have any Kirby games ever really been known for challenge though?

I've only played a friend's game for a couple of minutes, so I can't really say. I'm guessing they aren't.

I've only played a friend's game for a couple of minutes, so I can't really say. I'm guessing they aren't.

Those're platforms for fun :p

Kirby Super Star Ultra was quite hard for me actually, even though it was a mashup of the original games with updated graphics, a new storyline, and several new games, for me it was quite challenging. But I suck at platformers though.

I think (as a rule) Kirby games are known to have a fairly gentle challenge when compared to other platformers. I still like them though, and will probably pick this one up at some point. Sometimes it's nice to just relax and enjoy the games world.

Kirby games were made to have a difficulty balance between beginers and hardcore players but they are a bit easy I think. But it's the fun you get out of using copy abilities that makes this game different. Sort of like the Spyro games were made for you to collect all the gems and play minigames. And like the 3D LoZ games were made for you to solve puzzles and the Mother/EB games were made for you to laugh at them. But that doesn't mean challenge isn't fun. I like that KIU intensity you can choose (like in that indie game) and maybe it should be in more games.

Kirby games were made to have a difficulty balance between beginers and hardcore players but they are a bit easy I think. But it's the fun you get out of using copy abilities that makes this game different. Sort of like the Spyro games were made for you to collect all the gems and play minigames. And like the 3D LoZ games were made for you to solve puzzles and the Mother/EB games were made for you to laugh at them. But that doesn't mean challenge isn't fun. I like that KIU intensity you can choose (like in that indie game) and maybe it should be in more games.
To be honest, the starting games in the Kirby series, were quite tough (IMO) but I think since they are coming to the latest generation, the difficulty changed. But I don't mind it, one bit. I think Kirby has an amazing concept, and no matter what the reviews are/ how the game looks, I'll still get it, the game is fun either ways, and no matter the difficulty it's still worth getting the game.

These are two new Kirby Trailers that has been announced most recently:

I playing the game and...
I was waiting something different...

So far it's a nice game, a little strange from my average experience.
Some parts is too easy, some doesn't.

The minigames are good, sadly the fighting one is really unbalanced.

I would give this game 8/10 so far...
Being honest, so far I got more fun with NSMB2 than this game, but this one is relaxing...

It's like I want to play it, I love the game, but something is missing...

It's weird :panda:

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to get this interesting news out of the way before I forget.

Are you one of the few people who recognizes that Kirby always look angry in the North American box art of gaming, when compared to the Japanese box art?
e2964600b2bc36784570b17404e3ba36205bfacd.jpg

kirby_angry_friendly.jpg

An explanation has finally been brought, based on these appearance differences:

“For the Japanese versions we are, at [Kirby series developer] HAL, involved in everything throughout development, including the package design. The most powerful image of Kirby is that cute image, we think that’s the one that appeals to the widest audience. While it does start cute, we know there is a serious side to Kirby as well, and throughout the gameplay we see more and more of that, and the games themselves have quite a bit of depth. That being said, we recognise that Kirby’s cuteness is his biggest draw in [the Japanese] market. What we have heard is that strong, tough Kirby that’s really battling hard is a more appealing sign of Kirby, so that’s what we feature in the US.” ~ Interview With "Kirby" Series Developer.
That's exactly like the KIU box art and I think other Kirby box art that's not on there. (Like Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby's Canvas Curse.)

I playing the game and...
I was waiting something different...

So far it's a nice game, a little strange from my average experience.
Some parts is too easy, some doesn't.

The minigames are good, sadly the fighting one is really unbalanced.

I would give this game 8/10 so far...
Being honest, so far I got more fun with NSMB2 than this game, but this one is relaxing...

It's like I want to play it, I love the game, but something is missing...

It's weird :panda:
Woah, so it's you're kind of hot and cold with this game, I think that's given since it isn't too "classical" you are maybe missing the same thing as those other reviewers, who are saying it misses the classical elements? Not sure, but thanks for sharing it with us.
That's exactly like the KIU box art and I think other Kirby box art that's not on there. (Like Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby's Canvas Curse.)
Oh wow, I guess those developers/publishers think that we really prefer "angry" Kirby over "cute".

Woah, so it's you're kind of hot and cold with this game, I think that's given since it isn't too "classical" you are maybe missing the same thing as those other reviewers, who are saying it misses the classical elements? Not sure, but thanks for sharing it with us.
I can't compare with other games, because it's my first Kirby game, but...

I still playing a little more and I liking it more.
I think it's because Kirby is a little slow and half of the game is easy, it doesn't feel like a Kirby adventure...

The Dedede minigame make me smiles a lot when I fail XD

Back