Last movie you saw

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Most predictable moment.
So foolish.
At least it added to the comedy lol.

Reactions: luigiFTW
Incredibles 2~

I loved this so much. So much nostalgia and awesomeness, and so many callbacks back to the first Incredibles film. Not to mention how incredibly well it fits into the Pixar Theory with the ScreenSlaver and all the technology that was introduced.

It really is a great film though, I highly recommend it if you've liked the first film. And the short film before the actual film as well, Bao, is adorable and really well animated. I hate how much hate Bao has been getting from people calling it "confusing" or dumb, because it's far from it. It's emotional and adorable, and pretty damn sad. I had tears in my eyes from it because it was so good. And all through it all the kids in the cinema where screaming "what is this, I thought we where watching the incredibles, this is dumb". That annoyed me the utter most since the parents did nothing to do anything about the kids being incredibly loud :/

'Sherlock Gnomes' and 'Christipher Robin' (2018).

'Sherlock Gnomes' is essentially like every generic animated movie aimed only for kids. I actually expected this one to be the "so cheesy that it's hilarious" type from the advertisements,... but it kind of wasn't. I like the quality of the animation (especially the small 2D-handrawn segments which take place in Sherlock's mind), and the voice talent in here. Watson's decent too, but with everything else it was rather "bleh". Nothing really creative going on here. :panda:

'Christopher Robin' was great though! It was amazing to see characters from my and others' childhood again as their lovable selfs, and the story was superb too. Only thing I didn't like was Christopher himself in the first act because I thought he was an arrogant jerk to Pooh (because he's too adorable and innocent at heart) and not a good father to his daughter (I understand and can invest myself in his conflict, but you just don't read history books to your young daughter before sleep time XD). The cinematography was pretty lovely too for this type of movie. Can't say much else without spoiling, so I'll just leave it at this movie being a delightful flick that serves as a reminder of the wonders of childlike fun and a colorful life. :p

The last movie I saw was Her - just a romance between a man and his operating system. I liked how the writers decided to deal with the themes involved, but I wasn't terribly fond of the ending. Overall, I'd give it an 7.5 out of 10. Watch it if you fear for the future of humanity!

I recently watch Spirited Away, It was actually really good. I expected it to be a bit overrated because of it's popularity but I'd say it definitely exceeded my expectations by quite a lot. You should go watch it if you haven't already it's a joy for any film enthusiasts and anime(cartoon) lover. (5/5)(9/10)

And right while I'm writing this I'm in the middle of watching the credits for Coco. It's very good. I'd give it a 5/5(9/10) You should also go watch this, actually now that I think about it these movies are pretty similar so if you liked one, go watch the other.

I recently watch Spirited Away, It was actually really good. I expected it to be a bit overrated because of it's popularity but I'd say it definitely exceeded my expectations by quite a lot. You should go watch it if you haven't already it's a joy for any film enthusiasts and anime(cartoon) lover. (5/5)(9/10)

And right while I'm writing this I'm in the middle of watching the credits for Coco. It's very good. I'd give it a 5/5(9/10) You should also go watch this, actually now that I think about it these movies are pretty similar so if you liked one, go watch the other.
How did you watch spirited away? Im always looking for how to watch ghibli movies.

How did you watch spirited away? Im always looking for how to watch ghibli movies.
I rented it at Hemmakväll(a candy and movie store) But you can find it on amazon.com for very cheap(8 dollars) and on the UK amazon(.co.uk) you can find it for £3.03 + £1.82 Delivery.

Cool. Ill take a look.

I've just finished watching Tully and I'm quite satisfied I took a little over an hour of my day to appreciate such movie.
It's about a mother of 2 who just recently bore her third kid and is having a hard time (expected, right?) dealing with all her house and motherly chores. Then she decides to accept her brother's offer to hire her a night nanny and things change greatly on her routine.
Anyways, just ignore my hasty summary of the movie because I was really concerned about not spoiling anything. The movie offers a touching account of the very hard situations a mother has to face while raising her kids, even when there's a father to help, which is the case here. Being a father of one daughter, it made me comprehend and (hopefully) feel more sympathetic about how exhausted and alone and out of sorts my wife must feel from time to time.
Fully recomend it! I hope some of you guys might enjoy it as well.

Saw The Jurassic Games this week.

The idea is OK but I think they could have done a lot more with it. It reminded me of another movie I saw long away where they threw people into an island to fight to the death.. that movie was a lot better and I was hoping this one would be similar :(

I just finished The Hateful 8 - another masterpiece under Tarantino's direction.

Set on the American frontier in the aftermath of the civil war, the film is a bit of a character piece following a group of strangers holed up in a store during a blizzard.

The story reeks of Agatha Christie: it'll keep you guessing as to who's shot who and why for it's entire ~2 1/2 hour runtime.

Featuring the likes of Kurt Russel and Channing Tatum, not to mention Tarantino mainstays like Samuel L. Jackson and Tim Roth, it kept me glued to the screen and I highly recommend it.

The last movie I watched was The Incredibles 2. Honestly, I think it was the best movie I’ve seen in a long time. It’s very nice to see that after 15 years, Pixar still has a knack for movies like The Incredibles. The original was fantastic, and the second did not disappoint. I saw significant differences with the animation style (obviously, it’s been 15 years), and it also felt like a more modern taste for the second movie. I won’t spoil anything, but the plot line is super engrossing as well. All in all, I thought it was a great movie, and I highly recommend it.

Last movie I saw was Crasy Rich Asians, this was a nice movie. Just remember to bring a box of tissues.

Howl's Moving Castle.

Really great movie.. might even be my second favorite Studio Ghibli movie I've seen so far. First is Spirited Away but Howl's Moving Castle is close behind. The ending was beautiful ;~;

Spectre. Recorded it the other week and decided to finally watch it. I'm a huge fan of James bond, It's fast paced and packed full of action, drama and comedy! The perfect mix of genres. Not to mention Daniel Craig is so hot!!! ^^;;

Howl's Moving Castle.

Really great movie.. might even be my second favorite Studio Ghibli movie I've seen so far. First is Spirited Away but Howl's Moving Castle is close behind. The ending was beautiful ;~;
So jelly.

Teen Titans - The Judas Contract. I absolutely loved the animated series, Watched every single episode ever released. It was great to see all the original titans (Not sure what happened to Cyborg, though. I guess that parasite guy was his replacement, Oof). It was pretty sad what happened to Terra, She was the coolest member out of the bunch (So strong, as well). I don't usually do superhero movies, But Teen Titans is an exception. <3

Is it wrong that I haven't watched a single one of these movies on this page?

The last movie I saw was Ghost (the 1990 film with Partick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg) and it was a great film.

Toy Story 4. Hands down the best toy story film in terms of character development, animation (I could sit here talking about the animation for days), and world building.

Back