Mistakes you made in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A new face moved into my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf recently. Let's just say his choice of location wasn't the best (read more about that here). One day I decided to plant a pitfall seed at the front of his house. Three minutes later while I was walking, I accidentally stepped into my own trap, :facepalm:

If you've ever made a mistake while playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, share it in this thread, ;)

Reactions: Magitroopa and 3dsatackman
XD The first ten days or so of playing the game, I just instantly sold every fossil I dug up. . .
This is my first Animal Crossing game. . . don't judge me. . .

I remember one time I ran through my flower garden without noticing...

I used to skip ahead years at a time. Never again. It takes FOREVER to get rid of all the weeds.

Reactions: Isabella
I guess mine would be hoarding so many items that I run out of space and all the items are everywhere in my town. I'm almost done cleaning up though x)
Another thing is that I probably shouldn't have time traveled in the first place. I lost some really cool villagers because of it :(

Reactions: Kaynil and Matthew
Sadly, my worst mistake was trusting the back up to work. It cost me my entire save.

Reactions: Bugalet and Isabella
Sadly, my worst mistake was trusting the back up to work. It cost me my entire save.
What type of backup? Is this something you get on the digital copy of AC:NL?

Woe is me!!! I was working on making hybrid flowers to create blue roses, and I ran right through them and they instantly fell apart. DX (This happened today. . .)

Reactions: Isabella
Woe is me!!! I was working on making hybrid flowers to create blue roses, and I ran right through them and they instantly fell apart. DX (This happened today. . .)
Ohh wow, I'd have been mad. >.< I remember doing something along those lines on Wild World

What type of backup? Is this something you get on the digital copy of AC:NL?
The digital backup that Nintendo recommends people use. What they don't tell you is that it only works if it's a backup of the very last save/load the game had. I had loaded my game one time since creating the backup, so Nintendo deemed my game "corrupted" and made me start over.

Reactions: Kaynil
Ohh wow, I'd have been mad. >.< I remember doing something along those lines on Wild World

It was really horrible. What's worse is that I was trying to specifically get those flowers for a decoration to use in my house. I spent around two weeks waiting for them then I had to go and make a mistake like that. I'm never running in this game again. xC

It was really horrible. What's worse is that I was trying to specifically get those flowers for a decoration to use in my house. I spent around two weeks waiting for them then I had to go and make a mistake like that. I'm never running in this game again. xC
I've scared off some sharks by accidentally tapping the run button. >.<

I make silly mistakes all the time. Some you haven't mentioned that I've done:

- I have accidentally sold my tools because I am trying to quickly select everything, haha.
- I ate my perfect fruit by accident.

And my sap story. jeremiah was a lazy villager that lived under my house. We were best buds. he decided to move out on a saturday. I was pressed between my desire for him to stay and my desire to make a bridge that his house obstructed. I decide to let him go. Sunday morning I run to get the bridge done ASAP. isabelle is at the place, it is Fireworks night so no construction. No worries I'll do it next day. I even planted some trees to pass the time. Sunday morning i ran to the civic centre to start the project and... I find out a new resident decided to move today into the same area. So, like the dog barking at its water reflection and losing its lunch, i was stuck with no friend and no bridge. That said, while I was mad with Paula, she is starting to grow on me, but I still miss jeremiah a lot!

Reactions: Marc
One time I pulled a prank on an animal neighbor by pushing them in a pitfall seed. They got so mad that they left my town the next day. Now I miss them... :(

Reactions: Knight Rain
i had it so i have tons of items like issabella did. also i have run across a gold rose and it got recked. if you guys dont know gold roses are hard to get and take a long time to die. any i have made quite few mistakes. i will list just 1 more i sold a special edition dlc because i was trying to clean out storage and did not notice what it was.

XD The first ten days or so of playing the game, I just instantly sold every fossil I dug up. . .
This is my first Animal Crossing game. . . don't judge me. . .
You're not suppose to sell 'em :eek:, well I've been selling them all along, it's been ten days too (time travel a lot)
One time I pulled a prank on an animal neighbor by pushing them in a pitfall seed. They got so mad that they left my town the next day. Now I miss them... :(
Can that happened, woah I gotta be careful, though there's few members who I despised being around since they always make me do favors and pay me back with an ugly T-Shirt.

I ran over and destroyed two orange pansy hybrids that one of my neighbours grew.
And I also placed all my public works projects in random places, so now I don't have enough room in my town to plant my perfect apples, unless I demolish my public works projects, which I'm working on at the moment. Or I could cut down all my perfect apple trees and replant somewhere else, but that would just take too long. The former seems the best option.

Last edited:
Once I accidentally sold an Streetpass item...

well at least you could get that back. i had someone steal a dlc item :( and it was one that could not be reordered. but i got one back (for a million bells).

well at least you could get that back. i had someone steal a dlc item :( and it was one that could not be reordered. but i got one back (for a million bells).
Wow! It was a bit pricey to replace, then! :confused:

Back