Most O.P. Characters

• Thread starter KaiianBoss1914
  • Start date
I want to know who you guys think is the most OP Smash Fighter in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U.
I personally think the Villager, because of timber and pocket. But Bowser is also very OP. Also Captain Falcon.

Little Mac would be the first character that would come to mind when I think of the term "OP". He hits really hard, is super-fast, all of his ground moves have some kind of armor, he even has a counter! Someone who's relatively new to smash could pick Mac up and start owning another casual who has put time into their main, merely by rolling a lot and dash-attacking. His recovery is poor and he can be gimped easily but that doesn't mean he's not still a pain. You could be schooling a Mac online and then he gets the KO punch, ko's you and suddenly he's in the lead. It's annoying.

I can see Sonic and Falcon becoming really good when people get used to the game as well.

For me link toon link marth and lucina. they are not really op it is just people who use them online just spam the same thing over and over again so it gets more really annoying than op. For link/toon link the user just stands at one end and spams there projectiles when you finally get to them they either roll to the other side or use their sword to knock you back and then run and repeat the process. Marth and Lucina users from my experience online typically spam the 3 same moves . Shieldbraker counter and side smash.

Little mac is really OP in good hand in bad hands he is really weak and you will destroy him

Well I have been reading quite a lot and there is this thing about the new characters in ssbb that leaves me wondering if they are actually powerful or if it is just people's opinion. I think the boxer of smash is quite a good and really strong character with an impressive standing in the game. It is also true that the character has its weaknesses like the almost useless ability to jump and come back to the stage once he has been hit out of it. I would like to listen to your opinions.
Super-Smash-Bros-4-PSP-Wallpaper-Little-Mac-433874203

He is just a really straightforward character. He's fast, strong, and has quite a few options that can easily make him able to trump all of the cast (unless they are really good smash players themselves). I honestly don't think he's super powerful since super armor (where Little Mac cannot mess up after being hit) is at specific times as well as specific moves and it is useful however it is fair because each character cannot, outplay Little Mac in what he's good at. Logically Little Mac is the best since certain moves have more potential then any move the opponent uses and projectile attacks can be worked around. However I think Little Mac can also be the most balanced because he requires a lot of effort to use him right, but can guarantee the win because he done the most effort, because he can of course and is able. Most other characters have harder to deal with weaknesses, however it all really depends the person using the character. So it is a contradiction, but to me I think he's very balanced like I've already stated.

Little Mac is very fast and effective. Also his super charge is pretty good. But he is not the best character. If you want a really powerful character I would recommend Kirby or Shulk.

I think you mean SSB Wii U/3DS. xD Sadly I don't have either of the games. But I would imagine he is top-tier because of most of the fighting happening on the ground in the first place. You can only stay in the air for so long. That right there gives him a huge advantage against most of the cast. I've seen some videos of him. His dodge roll seems to be quite above average. And his dash speed, just wow. xD The guy is zooming across the stage. Apparently he's the fastest character in the game. Another advantage for Little Mac.

I thought that meta knight was op in brawl. In fact I banned my friend from using it as he always spammed the same move. I also think that too many people use link. Even me

The only two characters who I think are overpowered are Little Mac (on land) and Rosalina & Luma. Ganondorf is a good candidate, but he lacks the needed speed =/ His powerful punches and kicks are easy to dodge but if you're in close range and slip up when playing against this guy, you're going to get hurt really bad.

Little Mac's KO punch is the definition of OP. Whenever he's around that percentage of health, you really don't want to get close to that guy. Sure, your opponent can miss, but when it hits, oh my gosh, :facepalm:

Rosalina & Luma is another OP character. She doesn't have the off-land weakness like Little Mac, however, she does lack the KO punch. That's a small loss because she makes up for it in teleporting side steps, attacks that tend to knock you off the stage and KO you easily, and Luma speaks for itself on the battlefield (you'll know what I'm talking about if you played against an experienced R&L player).

Reactions: 532
1. Villager
2. Sheik or Zero Suit Samus (they both have barely the same moves lol... And I main ZSS)
3. Samus.. She killed herself.. Aka ZSS
4. Lemmy is a bit op
5. Dark Pit &Pit

The only two characters who I think are overpowered are Little Mac (on land) and Rosalina & Luma. Ganondorf is a good candidate, but he lacks the needed speed =/ His powerful punches and kicks are easy to dodge but if you're in close range and slip up when playing against this guy, you're going to get hurt really bad.

Little Mac's KO punch is the definition of OP. Whenever he's around that percentage of health, you really don't want to get close to that guy. Sure, your opponent can miss, but when it hits, oh my gosh, :facepalm:

Rosalina & Luma is another OP character. She doesn't have the off-land weakness like Little Mac, however, she does lack the KO punch. That's a small loss because she makes up for it in teleporting side steps, attacks that tend to knock you off the stage and KO you easily, and Luma speaks for itself on the battlefield (you'll know what I'm talking about if you played against an experienced R&L player).
In Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword Ganandork (Dork for a reason) goes crazy like a dog for these two.

1. The Fishing Rod. It makes him vulnerable during final battle in TP
2. Bug Net. Same with the Fishing Rod, just in SS

Idk why I'm telling you this in this thread though..

Last edited by a moderator:
I Personally think Little mac is op even though it doesnt have a good recovery but it can be tough to knock out when someone is using it (cuz everyone can use little mac)

Little Mac is not OP and if not for his wall jump, he would be entirely gimped when trying to recover. As far as knocking him out, I find it easy with Kirby. Idk, maybe that's just me. Personally I think Diddy is OP if anything, although the game seems mostly balanced imo. And maybe Rosalina/Duck Hunt, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I find Bowser Jr. to be quite OP, honestly. He has that infinite punch attack thing where you simply hold down A, and it is also followed up by a powerful knokcback finisher. Bowser Jr's abandon ship is also quite OP, as it is hard to concentrate on 2 things at the same time (Dodging Bowser's attack AND the cart)
Ness is the second OP character, in my opinion. Ness simply can use PK Thunder, grab, throw, charge up baseball bat and it's over. That's all I see people do.
I have seen a lot of you say Little Mac is OP. I kind of agree, but his KO punch is the main reason he is OP. If you know Little Mac's weakness, that is terrible recovery, you can EASILY defeat him, even if he is played right. Mac can rack up damage fast, but most players don't realize the damage they have caused and keep doing regular attacks. I have faced many Little Mac players myself, and here is a piece of advice. Lure Mac to come at you near the end of the staage, dodge, pivot grab and reverse throw. I cannot stress this enough: GRAB that little boxer! He has the worst recovery in the game, period. If you throw that Little Bugger far enough, there's no coming back. Even his Jolt Haymaker cannot reach that far to recover, and his vertical recovery is borderline useless.

Rosalina, Little Mac, Sheik, and basically anyone who is fast

Jigglypuff Lucina and Ganondorf. Oh and that son of a gun Diddy Kong

Reactions: 423
Palutena, Megaman, Yoshi, Dr. Mario... and more. If you use a character right, no matter how strong or how weak their moveset is, they can be OP. If you're comparing one fighter to another (say Kirby to Ike), based on their moves and the player's technique using the fighters, they both could be OP. Same goes with any two character combinations.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I thought lucina was kinda overpowered. Her speed and agility is really good and our you try fighting her lvl nine CPU it's one of the best CPUS out there. It has a bunch of perfectly timed counters and shield slashers.

I dont find anyone to be overpowered. Its only that there are good players who know how to use their characters. Little Mac can easily be destroyed be tossing him off the ledge. Staying close to the edge is his main weakness. There are other characters that people claim are OP but Little mac seems to be the main one.

I disagree, I don't think Little Mac or Sonic are overpowered.

Duck Hunt, on the other hand, IS. His moveset is devastating if you know how to use it right. You can win a match without ever getting close to the enemy ._.

Reactions: 532
Back