Moon/Sun Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
So I had this idea.... What if Pokemon moon was perpetually night and Pokemon sun was perpetually day? I personally wouldn't like this bc I'm gonna get Pokemon moon and anytime it's night in a game it annoys me for some reason xD Any thoughts on this? I could be completely wrong tho

I was just wondering which one are you going to get pokemo. Sun or Pokemon moon. I'm getting both just for the fun of it. Oh and if anyone of you want to see gameplay over it check out my YouTube channel to be able to see the game. Also do u guys think that there will still be able to find shiny Pokemon.

So I had this idea.... What if Pokemon moon was perpetually night and Pokemon sun was perpetually day? I personally wouldn't like this bc I'm gonna get Pokemon moon and anytime it's night in a game it annoys me for some reason xD Any thoughts on this? I could be completely wrong tho
Highly unlikely. Pokémon might sport fantasy creatures but for most part it sticks to the rules of nature.This region is set on a world just like Earth. The sun revolves around that world. That means it will never be permanently night or day anywhere. For that to happen Moon and Sun Aloha would have to be on opposing poles and the axis of the planet would have to shift just right. Also, Aloha is tropical, if it's permanently night in Pokémon Moon the region would freeze over completely.

Last but not least; the games are named after their legendaries, the emissaries from the sun and the oon (check the official website) just like Pokémon Y was named after Yveltal and Pokémon X was named after Xerneas.

Okay so I see everyone hyped for the new Sun and Moon game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the game will be bad but I do have a issue with it. I may be the only one but I feel as if the addition of Z Moves in the game are just too much. Mega Evolution is when they should have stopped. I feel as if the game is slowly losing it's simplicity and will become too complicated to play. I love to have challenge to my games but I feel as if adding things to the battle system isn't the way to go. However I do enjoy the free for all. As for the Alolan form pokemon, I think it is really interesting. What is your opinion? Do you think too much is being added? Or do you enjoy the new changes?

Okay so I see everyone hyped for the new Sun and Moon game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the game will be bad but I do have a issue with it. I may be the only one but I feel as if the addition of Z Moves in the game are just too much. Mega Evolution is when they should have stopped. I feel as if the game is slowly losing it's simplicity and will become too complicated to play. I love to have challenge to my games but I feel as if adding things to the battle system isn't the way to go. However I do enjoy the free for all. As for the Alolan form pokemon, I think it is really interesting. What is your opinion? Do you think too much is being added? Or do you enjoy the new changes?
i'm kinda the opposite as you. I like that they're adding more battle systems (for way battle), but idk yet about the alolan forms

me i hope or i wish to see that in pokemon sun and moon.I hope pokemon y,x and omega ruby and alpha shaphire be compactible with sun and moon because in omega ruby i have a lot of shiny and i wish to trade them in pokemon sun .Me i prefer to take the verson sun .lunala is not so cute like pokemon sun

I was just wondering which one are you going to get pokemo. Sun or Pokemon moon. I'm getting both just for the fun of it. Oh and if anyone of you want to see gameplay over it check out my YouTube channel to be able to see the game. Also do u guys think that there will still be able to find shiny Pokemon.

I'm sure you'll still be able to catch shiny Pokes. Shiny pokemon have been a thing since gen 2. It'd be dum if they took it out just for a new region. I wonder what they'll all look like, the ones we know about atm, anyway. I've preordered Sun. Unfortunantly I'm gonna be traveling for Thanksgiving, so I'll probs start playing it around the 26th or so.. I'm excited to have a Marowak on my team. I love it's new typing. Ninetailes too! And I'm so glad they're bringing back trainer customization. That was one of my fav. things in X/Y.

Hey, I just watched the new Sun and Moon trailer and found out that they're giving us Ash Greninja!!!

Hey, I just watched the new Sun and Moon trailer and found out that they're giving us Ash Greninja!!!
Yup! I wonder what the differences are going to be besides appearance and possible stat changes.

Ash's ash-Greninja? Why would we get Ash's? Shouldn't we get a Poke that does 'that'(look like the trainer[Idk what it's called]) thing to look like us? Anyway, I'm glad they're bringing a bit of the anime back in the games. ^_^ Like in Yellow!

I am so exited for this game! Can't wait. Everything looks great and I really look forward to the Island Challenge concept. Also really want to find out what those mega beasts are. Like that there are many new things, can't wait to find out about everything in the games.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I GOT SHINY PIKIPEK

Hm, in the demo? that's cool... too bad you won't be able to keep it. :\ I was doing the 'Pokemon Catching' challenge thing, and didn't see 1 Rocruff through the whole thing. I was on my way out of the grass, on the very edge, I encountered 1. >_< I wanna keep it...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I GOT SHINY PIKIPEK
Wow that's both lucky and unfortunate. Congratulations, that sucks.

Hm, in the demo? that's cool... too bad you won't be able to keep it. :\ I was doing the 'Pokemon Catching' challenge thing, and didn't see 1 Rocruff through the whole thing. I was on my way out of the grass, on the very edge, I encountered 1. >_< I wanna keep it...
Luckily Rockriff is an early Pokémon! Unfortunately I don't think it's the same case with Mimikyu but I'm getting one as soon as I can :3

I hope you can get Sandit, or whichever, early on. It's soo gonna be my fire type.

Reactions: Skyshaymin
I hope you can get Sandit, or whichever, early on.
You meant Salandit, yes? I think it's gonna be very welcomed to use when on hands on Poison-type trainers as well!

And speaking of which, apparently, Pokémon Twitter accidentally 'leaked' the final evolved form of starters before their time when revealing their latest TCG cards, but at least it's from official source this time. The original tweet was removed, but not before someone have screenshot the pic and repost it:

https://twitter.com/Stealthless/status/791573129189621760

What do you think about these final evolved form of the starters?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

So first my shiny pikipek evolved into fowldrill and then lumbird
AND.......
I got shiny salandit
it evolves into this weird girl thing

Last edited by a moderator:
You meant Salandit, yes? I think it's gonna be very welcomed to use when on hands on Poison-type trainers as well!
https://twitter.com/Stealthless/status/791573129189621760

What do you think about these final evolved form of the starters?

Yeah, Salandit. I just wish it had some red it it, that'd be cool. Or if you could put a scarf on it(that'd be a cool idea, pokemon accessories)

I think the starters are pretty awesome. I especially like Rowlet's final evo(Serebii says it's name is Decidueye? Idk, they don't have the full 'dex up) Love the 'archer' form though. ^_^
Gonna nickname mine Robin.

Luigi257126 said: I got a shiny salandit.

Oh. Hm. That's..cool. A bit unfortunate too. Just don't delete the demo. :\

Last edited:
Around near a cave

Back