Moon/Sun Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
From what I heard from some news, according to Japanese Pokémon site, they will reveal first details of Sun and Moon in 2 more days! Specifically, at 21:00 JST. What do you think what will they announce in that day?

As for me, I've been waiting for the announcement of the starters and Legendaries for a while now. Considering that there are leaked info about the starters as covered in previous post, I think it would be clearer if I see them directly from official source.

OMG starters and legendary's have been released as well as box arts and actual game play footage! It looks so amazing!
Honestly with the starters I'm not overjoyed because they don't look all that good but I'm sure they'll grow on me and once its evolutions get released I'll get more hyped (Rowlett for me)
The legendary Pokemon look amazing! They kinda remind me of the design of Dialga and Palkia because they're so complex. The sun/lion looks amazing, it's gonna be way OP. And the moon looks really majestic altho you don't get a great look at it. I've been moon all the way and I think I'm sticking to it.
The region is definitely based of Hawaii and the game play looks really good. I think the characters are taller and it looks a lot more real compared to XY and ORAS. The region actually looks really good from the first look and I'm excited about visiting it.

THE RELEASE DATE IS NOVEMBER 18TH!!!

OMG starters and legendary's have been released as well as box arts and actual game play footage! It looks so amazing!
Honestly with the starters I'm not overjoyed because they don't look all that good but I'm sure they'll grow on me and once its evolutions get released I'll get more hyped (Rowlett for me)
The legendary Pokemon look amazing! They kinda remind me of the design of Dialga and Palkia because they're so complex. The sun/lion looks amazing, it's gonna be way OP. And the moon looks really majestic altho you don't get a great look at it. I've been moon all the way and I think I'm sticking to it.
The region is definitely based of Hawaii and the game play looks really good. I think the characters are taller and it looks a lot more real compared to XY and ORAS. The region actually looks really good from the first look and I'm excited about visiting it.

THE RELEASE DATE IS NOVEMBER 18TH!!!

The hype is real! To me the starters look pretty interesting - Rowlet is the most surprising, a Grass/Flying starter! The water one is the only one that doesn't look that great to me, but we can hope to see some surprises with their evolutions.

The Sun legendary is actually somewhat disappointing to me - I was hoping it was not going to be a generic lion and, although it had a interesting white color scheme, I just don't think it looks incredible enough to be a legendary representing something as highly as the Sun. The Moon legendary actually doesn't look bad and is really unique in terms of design. I wonder what the types will be, and at this rate I'm still on the Moon side.

The region looks amazing - I love the new tropical take and the overworld looks like it's been greatly improved on. I can't wait to discover this new world! The characters look well designed and I'm liking the change of pace by making the world and its characters all more suited to this tropical theme. There have been some slight graphical improvements in battle, although it doesn't look fully clean. They still have time to finish refining everything though, with about 6 months till release. The new region is the most impressive feature of Sun and Moon to me.

Oh and #TeamRowlet :p

Both box legendaries look great, I'll probably go with Pokemon Moon though

Design wise, I like all three starters, however I'm skeptical of how Rowlett will turn out, because unless your name is Shaymin Sky, Grass/Flying isn't very good typing, but I could always be proven wrong, only time can tell.

Also, #TeamPopplio

After watching the trailer, my hype really went over the top!
I really like the new character proportions (bigheaded chars were better in the 2d games :p) and the new region seems really beatiful, though I hope it will be larger than Kalos, less linear and with more optional routes.
As for the starters, so far the one I'm liking more is Litten, than Rowlet and the water one, which to be honest hasn't such a great design. I'll probably pick Litten, and I usually pick the fire-type starter, but I might reconsider if only Rowlet has some super cool evolution.
While for the legendaries, I like more the Moon one, the lion reminds me Entei and Pyroar too much, even though I like its white and fair pattern.

Guys, there's a new pokemon discovered!
upload_2016-5-13_13-47-56.png

Here's the link for the video.

This is all very interesting! I don't know if I'll be picking it up yet, though.
I already have Y and Alpha Sapphire, so will a third Pokemon game be worth it?
If Sun and Moon show enough promise, I might think about picking up Sun because it has a more fascinating legendary. XP
I might also pick it up if it's going to be required for things such as gym battles because of the new Pokemon.
Only time can tell at this point!

This is going to be a really long year... I can't wait to get more info about the starter evolution and maybe some other mons :D Pokémon.full.1999680.jpg

Eyyy the hype is real for Pokemon Sun and Moon :p I know people may not be too fond of this game or think that the Pokemon games are getting really repetitive at this point, but really idk what those people mean, sure Gen 5 wasn't that good, but I believe that Gen 6 had some of the best pokemon ever, and possibly was the best pokemon games, so far from what I seen of Pokemon Sun and Moon, it seems to be an amazing game, especially the starters, can't wait to see more from Rowlet and Litten, like said before though, I believe Gen 6 is the best so far, and I don't really expect any of these new starters to live up to Greninja :p

Team moon Team poplio

Both box legendaries look great, I'll probably go with Pokemon Moon though

Design wise, I like all three starters, however I'm skeptical of how Rowlett will turn out, because unless your name is Shaymin Sky, Grass/Flying isn't very good typing, but I could always be proven wrong, only time can tell.

Also, #TeamPopplio

You called?
Jk dunno why I wanted to do that :p but hey I'm up for picking Rowlett, it's adorable and I like a challenge.

I will buy pokemon sun, and my starter pokemon would be Rowlet! :D
I think his final evolution is this

yczwwS8.jpg

Its very cool! :D :D :D

i will choose Litten because
is a Fire-type Pokémon to the seventh generation. He is the type Pokémon from Pokémon Fire Sun and Moon games.
It was revealed the world May 10, 2016 with the second trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon, along with other Pokémon from the seventh generation

Litten is a Pokémon to the detached attitude and calmness that seldom shows his emotions. Nevertheless fight fiercely if his companions and his master are in danger. Its fur is coated with a particularly flammable oil. In making his toilet, he happens to form a fur ball that turns into fireball when the spit.

His body is predominantly black, with two red rings on each leg. He has on his head a red pattern in the form of large scar; his nose and mustache are the same color. His big yellow eyes are half-moon, giving her suspiciously.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the guy who posted about a dragonite mega evolution, what do you think that the mega stone would be called? A dragonite'ite'?! If they do decide to give dragonite a mega stone, I hope they make it sound better than dragonite'ite'! What name would you guys give dragonite mega stone?

i will choose Litten because
is a Fire-type Pokémon to the seventh generation. He is the type Pokémon from Pokémon Fire Sun and Moon games.
It was revealed the world May 10, 2016 with the second trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon, along with other Pokémon from the seventh generation

Litten is a Pokémon to the detached attitude and calmness that seldom shows his emotions. Nevertheless fight fiercely if his companions and his master are in danger. Its fur is coated with a particularly flammable oil. In making his toilet, he happens to form a fur ball that turns into fireball when the spit.

His body is predominantly black, with two red rings on each leg. He has on his head a red pattern in the form of large scar; his nose and mustache are the same color. His big yellow eyes are half-moon, giving her suspiciously.
Am I the only one confused by this (no offence or anything) but it sounds like something out of a Nintendo leaflet
To the guy who posted about a dragonite mega evolution, what do you think that the mega stone would be called? A dragonite'ite'?! If they do decide to give dragonite a mega stone, I hope they make it sound better than dragonite'ite'! What name would you guys give dragonite mega stone?
Maybe the "Draconite" as... Umm... Draco meteor?

Hey everybody, there is more news regarding to Pokemon sun and moon
If you haven't take a look ->
The names of the legendary, types, ability, and their signature move has been confirmed

Pokemon sun legendary -> solgaleo
- has the type steel/ psychic
- has the ability full metal body
- has the signature move 'sunsteel strike'
Pokemon moon legendary -> lunala
- has the type psychic/ ghost
- has the ability shadow shield
- has the signature move ' moongiest beam'

There is more stuff that is shown like the name of your friends and a new character, which is kukui 's assistant, and some kind of Rotom pokedex

Disclaimer (again)....
Pokemon is a media franchise published and owned by Japanese video game company Nintendo and created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996, focused on the titular creatures
Website -> https://www.pokemon.com/uk/country/
YT -> http://www.youtube.com/Pokemon
I'm using the content to express my feelings and give my opinion about it
Sorry if I put something wrong
<3 a cow

Last edited:
I'm starting to think trainer customization isn't going to be a thing after looking at the trailer >.<

I'm starting to think trainer customization isn't going to be a thing after looking at the trailer >.<
I doubt it

some analisys in past trailer showed that in some shots, the guy was wearing blue, while in other he was wearing black

Also, we didn't got a clue about customization until like 5 motnhs after the first reveal in XY

Reactions: Marc
I doubt it

some analisys in past trailer showed that in some shots, the guy was wearing blue, while in other he was wearing black

Also, we didn't got a clue about customization until like 5 motnhs after the first reveal in XY
i really hope you are right, but the thing is the trailer says "choose your hero" instead of "customize your hero" so either we choose one of many preset heroes, or it's a very poor choice of words by gamefreak, and personally i hope it's the later one.

Back