Moon/Sun Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
i really hope you are right, but the thing is the trailer says "choose your hero" instead of "customize your hero" so either we choose one of many preset heroes, or it's a very poor choice of words by gamefreak, and personally i hope it's the later one.

No... that is just REALLY bad reasoning, you also "choose your hero" in XY, but customize once you get to the second city, not in the gender selection screen...

Indeed I can't wait for this game. I've decided to get sun instead of moon I like its legend much more especially it's typing. The region looks like Hawaii I think it's based of of that :3. As for the starters I might go for litten or rowlet maybe ill get both as another grass flying type sounds appealing to me despite the x4 weakness to ice. I also hope there is clothing customization like x and y instead of just skin color customization.
As for the battle Maison change it up a bit will u.
And maybe make this new game a tad bit more difficult than oras and x and y.

Dude!!:nailbiting:
I know is late hours, BUT LOOK AT THIS!!!;)

corocoro7161th.jpg

corocoro7162th.jpg

corocoro7163th.jpg
:eek::eek::eek:

Dude!!:nailbiting:
I know is late hours, BUT LOOK AT THIS!!!;)

corocoro7161th.jpg

corocoro7162th.jpg

corocoro7163th.jpg
:eek::eek::eek:

When the generic Normal type is not a Normal type :v

So a rock type puppy? Awesome!

Also, the Koala is Normal type and has an ability that makes him inmune to all status except sleep

The puppy looks awesome! It's just too adorable. The koala reminds me of Timburr and it's evolutionary line, I wonder if it'll be similar, or maybe since it's asleep they'll go for a bit of a snorlax look! Also, if you get moon you get a Pokemon that is immune to that little koala beast's STAB attacks, assuming it is indeed a normal type. :cool: Now you're Pokemon will never faint because that Koala is obviously the biggest threat to your team in that game.

I analyzed the names of Iwanko and Nekkoala, and:
-Iwanko = "iwa (stone)" + "ko (fox)" (Also, "wan" is what a dog bark is relresemted in Japanese.)
-Nekkoala = "ne (sleeping) + koala

I predict that Nekkoala has a higher chance to retain its name for the English version.

If, for example, Litten is lit (fire) + kitten, while its Japanese name Nyabbi (nya "kitten") + (hi "fire"), Iwanko's English name will have to do with stone and foxes. Or animal sounds and foxes.
"Woffox?" "Ruffox?" "Harfox"?

Videos from the 2016 Taiwan National Championships showed footage from Sun/Moon featuring Zygarde 10% forme and final forme ;DDDD

Enjoy :3

Reactions: Jyoster134
I predict that Nekkoala has a higher chance to retain its name for the English version.

Well yeah lol, I mean Iwanko's name is kinda inappropiate in English xD

Cant wait for it to come out.

I can't wait for the game. I know that it's already out but I'm going to get it due to the fact that I have all the other Pokemon games. I also plan on putting Pokemon sun and moon gameplay on my YouTube channel. What are the three starter Pokemon like anybody and is the story line good. That's what k always look forward to when I purchase and recieve a game. Also what legendary Pokemon do you get in the game?

Just saying by the design of the Pokemon center and the car designs this is going to be a very high graphic game. The quality of this game is going to be awesome. I'm supposed to get it November 23rd or 24th. I plan on making a gameplay video over it. I am hoping that the elite 4 is harder than Pokemon omega rubys because all I had to do do beat them is use my grousing to kill every Pokemon for the elite 4. Then I healed him and won against the champion so I am looking forward to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's months away before the release of the game but me and my friends have already pre-ordered the game. The hype was real. I really can't wait for this game to be released. I hope the game would have more new features (like there are 5 move slots and the new battle screen).

From what I have seen and all the info that has come out so far I am now pretty hyped about getting the game. I wasn't that hyped at 1st cause very little info was out so I wanted to wait and just see what they put out there before I started saying I wanted one of the games. Once I saw more and heard more on it I decided on witch I was going to go for.

New video released just now on some new Pokemon from Sun/Moon!
It is in Japanese, hopefully there is an English one soon

Hey guys, looks like there is a new Pokemon around the corner

It's name is Salandit
It's Poison/Fire Type
It's ability is corrosion
It looks like it can poison every type, maybe it's the ability corrosion

Would you like it on your team? I would if it's easy to find

<3 a cow

My main thoughts about the games are:

What characters are going to be in the game?
What new pokemon will be featured in these new releases?
What is the plot/main story line for the game?

Very excited for this game. Every time news drops I just get more excited :D

Im really looking foward to playing this game. The legendarys are looking really cool. Solgalio- psychic and steel
Lunaala- ghost and psychic
Im probably going to choose sun because I like solgalio better. And if they make a mega evolution for solrock and lunatone, mega solrock would look dope af. And who wouldnt like to see mega lugia and ho-oh? Mega ho-oh would be sooo cool!

Thinking about this, you may realize that solrock, lunatone, lugia, and ho-oh all can greatly resemble the sun and moon pokemon.

I think that if you play moon, you would at some point receive a mega stone for both lunatone and lugia.
Same with sun. At some point you get a mega stone for solrock and ho-oh.

Im really looking foward to playing this game. The legendarys are looking really cool. Solgalio- psychic and steel
Lunaala- ghost and psychic
Im probably going to choose sun because I like solgalio better. And if they make a mega evolution for solrock and lunatone, mega solrock would look dope af. And who wouldnt like to see mega lugia and ho-oh? Mega ho-oh would be sooo cool!

Thinking about this, you may realize that solrock, lunatone, lugia, and ho-oh all can greatly resemble the sun and moon pokemon.

I think that if you play moon, you would at some point receive a mega stone for both lunatone and lugia.
Same with sun. At some point you get a mega stone for solrock and ho-oh.
A lot of thinking megas are not happening any more but instead the syncro thing we have seen in the anime. Masuda was asked about the new bracelet but at E3 did not say a thing. I am guessing the new syncro will be shown at a later date. I'm curious to know how it will work and how it differs from megas. Things should get interesting very soon :)

pokemon_sun__moon_small.jpg
During the 6 minute long Pokemon Direct, Nintendo announced Sun and Moon for the Nintendo 3DS, which will celebrate their 20th anniversary in style! No gameplay footage yet, but we did see a little concept art (which I'll upload if I can get to it before anyone else does). However, we now have a release window and we know that along with the current 9 languages in the Pokemon games (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Korean), we also will have BOTH simplified and traditional Chinese!

Worldwide release: Holiday 2016

They will also be releasing Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS eShop tomorrow and it will connect to Pokemon Bank, so you can transfer Pokemon to Sun and Moon when it hits 3DS!

Also, found an Imgur gallery of screenshots from the Nintendo Direct on the Pokemon subreddit:
XHPBHvQ.png
UeRt0iZ.png
ybaX2cZ.png
1t2IV05.png
TkkH7OB.png
WAQPNQB.png

Thoughts?

Wow, that work is beautiful.... Ive never seen pokemon video game graphics this impressive personally. Im definitely saving for thr release or will preorder because the graphics are marvelous and i love pokemon quite a lot. =)

IM very hyped for this.i just say the gameplay trailer and it is AWESOME.
First thing:OPEN WORLD
all ife seen in pokemon games is grass, stone, sand, and water. But nintendo stepped up its game by
giving us something new, the CITY.all ive seen so far is cars, but it gives me that "sonic adventure 1" feel

2:better graphics.
Of course, the new graphics. It keeps on getting better and better. Its so bright and beautiful, it feels like a dream
So, i think sun and moon is going to be a great game

Back