Pokemon X or Pokemon Y

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Pokemon Y... The Pokemon series is just epic period. I don't really think it matters but I bought Pokémon Y they are both almost the same regardless but Oblivion Wing will kill them all!
you're overestimating Oblivion Wing just a bit. Just by using Geomancy one time you're basically set up to screw over a bunch of pokemon as well (not to mention it'd make Oblivion Wing do significantly less damage)

well it really depends what you like and i chose X because i thought it would be nice to have a fairy legendary
and also it depends what exclusive pokemon you like - go look on their website and you will see

Not sure if this point has been mentioned yet, but Xerneas and Yveltal literally have the same BST, so in terms of version mascot exclusives it's really a decision of which design you prefer, as well as typing and signature moves and such.

With that said though, it doesn't matter too much now that I think about it given it's easy to trade version exclusives via the GTS (but if you want to soft-reset a lot for perfect IVs and such for a certain legendary, DEFINITELY choose the one with the legendary you want)

I had to go with Y because of Tyranitar and Heracross, but you can get version exclusives pretty easily on the GTS (like naagza said) so it really comes down to which legendary you prefer.

I had to go with Y because of Tyranitar and Heracross, but you can get version exclusives pretty easily on the GTS (like naagza said) so it really comes down to which legendary you prefer.
You indirectly brought up a good point by mentioning Tyranitar and Heracross. Tyranitar's and Heracross's megastones are only found in Pokemon X, so if you want to access their megastones, it may be more beneficial to choose X so you can easily gain the version exclusive pokemon rather than the version exclusive megastone. Their counterparts found in Pokemon X are Aggron and Pinsir.

This is kind of a different issue, but I have Y and found the Aggronite (x exclusive) and heracronite (y exclusive), which is stupid since i prefer tyranitar

This is kind of a different issue, but I have Y and found the Aggronite (x exclusive) and heracronite (y exclusive), which is stupid since i prefer tyranitar
Aggronite is Y exclusive, not X exclusive. You're right about Heracronite though. If you go on a website like Pokemon Showdown it may be possible to find someone willing to trade the Aggronite for a Tyranitarite, so don't worry about it too much

Aggronite is Y exclusive, not X exclusive. You're right about Heracronite though. If you go on a website like Pokemon Showdown it may be possible to find someone willing to trade the Aggronite for a Tyranitarite, so don't worry about it too much
Oh yeah my bad, i meant that Aggron itself was X exclusive.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
yes.

Which game do I get?! they're both around the same price but not sure which one to go for! :D What are the pros and cons over going with one over the other? :p

The difference is just what Pokemon you can find. Some will be available in one version and not in the other.

I'm getting Pokemon Y so maybe you should get X. Then we can exchange whatever Pokemon are not in the opposite version lol

The main difference (maybe only) between the two is the types of Pokemon that are exclusive to each game. Here's a list:

X:
  • Mega Charizard X (blue Charizard)
  • Staryu
  • Starmie
  • Pinsir
  • Mega Mewtwo X
  • Houndour
  • Houndoom
  • Poochyena
  • Mightyena
  • Aron
  • Lairon
  • Aggron
  • Lileep
  • Cradily
  • Anorith
  • Armaldo
  • Sawk
  • Swirlix
  • Slurpuff
  • Clauncher
  • Clawitzer
  • Xerneas
Y:
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Shellder
  • Cloyster
  • Omanyte
  • Omastar
  • Kabuto
  • Kabutops
  • Mega Mewtwo Y
  • Heracross
  • Larvitar
  • Pupitar
  • Tyranitar
  • Electrike
  • Manectric
  • Purrloin
  • Liepard
  • Throh
  • Spritzee
  • Aromatisse
  • Skrelp
  • Dragalge
  • Yvetal

For more info: http://kotaku.com/which-version-should-you-buy-pokemon-x-or-pokemon-y-1444397068

I don't know who half of those are. :p

A lot of my friends have X which is why i'm leaning towards Y....or maybe i'll buy both? :p Is it possible to swap between games on a single account/3DS? anyone know? :p

I cracked and bought Y, found Shinobi (loved this series) for $10 so got both of the games for $45. :)

Nice! I'll be getting mine when the Yoshi XL 3DS is released. That way I can 2 games for free (Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Y)

Make a topic in the Pokemon Section and keep us updated on your journey :) Looking forward to our first battle so I can kick your <censored> lol

I got X. It would be nice to battle/trade sometime. I did want Y, but the store didn't have it. xD

The Y legendary looks better than the X one, imo. (I don't know their names, so) xD

I got X. It would be nice to battle/trade sometime. I did want Y, but the store didn't have it. xD

The Y legendary looks better than the X one, imo. (I don't know their names, so) xD
You think so? I thought Yvetal (the Y legendary) just looks like a recolored Lugia.

I'm getting one of these for Easter. Let me know which one I should get... :D

Hmm. If this helps your decision then here's exclusive Megas.

X is on the left. Y is on the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.
CharX (Tough Claws and better Dragon Dance user, Dragon/Fire type) vs. CharY (Drought and Special Attacker)
Mega Pinsir (Aerialate and flying type, can get Quick Attack/Return) vs. Mega Heracross (Skill Link) (main set should have Rock Blast, Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, and some other attack like that.)
Mega Tyranitar (Sand Stream, all around bulk, can get Dragon Dance
) vs. Mega Aggron (Lot's of bulk defensively)
Mega Manectric (higher speed, knows flamethrower) vs. Mega Houndoom (higher special attack and special defense I believe)

My favourite of both would be Y because of it's generation legendary Pokemon, if that helps.

Back