Pokemon X or Pokemon Y

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
My favourite of both would be Y because of it's generation legendary Pokemon, if that helps.
OK then, I'll get Y. :D

i think that Y is but it does depend on what you like. eg the Y ledgendary is a dark bird and X is a fairy deer. and also the mega stones kinda does and there are a few X only or Y only pokemon.

I think that you should get any, I got Pokemon X and it is not THAT much of a deal seeing that you can trade version specific Pokemon quite easily. It's the Kanto starter and the cover legendary that matters, though. If you will chose a Charmander, in Pokemon Y this is how he is Mega evolved from a Charizard:
images

He is a fast Special Attack sweeper, it has drought and with it's amazing Sp.Attack, using Flamethrower in drought with Mega Charizard Y will cause massive damage because it boosts the power of Flamethrower to 210 , even if the actual power if 95.
If you choose Pokemon X, a mega evolved Charizard will look like this:
Mega_Charizard_X_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy-2334199.jpg

This is a Fire/dragon type (No more ice weakness= Yay :giggle:) with Tough claws that increases Physical attack power,Weakness to ice. However, I choose Mega Charizard Y because it has better special attacks. I got Pokemon X because I wanted to try how the new fairy type is. I am trading my Charizardite X for 3dsatackman's Charizardite Y. The game does not restrict you from trading mega stones, even if they are version specific.
For the legendaries, you will likely end up trading them for another Pokemon on the GTS as there are ridiculous requests (eg: Giving a Squirtle for an Arceus) so it is up to you, I would prefer X because they have Xerneas, and it is quite powerful. Even Yveltal is strong, but not as effective Xerneas as Dragon types are now effectively balanced.
Conclusion:
Depending on which Kanto starter you will choose, (Bulbasaur, Squirtle. Charmander) If you choose a Charmander, it will be good to get Pokemon Y because of Charizard Y's amazing Special attack and drought. I prefer Pokemon X's legendary because it balances out Dragon types.
Even if you don't like the legendary later on, you can trade it. If you would like to trade mega stones, you can easily do so.

i think that Y is but it does depend on what you like. eg the Y ledgendary is a dark bird and X is a fairy deer. and also the mega stones kinda does and there are a few X only or Y only pokemon.
OK. :D

I think that you should get any, I got Pokemon X and it is not THAT much of a deal seeing that you can trade version specific Pokemon quite easily. It's the Kanto starter and the cover legendary that matters, though. If you will chose a Charmander, in Pokemon Y this is how he is Mega evolved from a Charizard:
images

He is a fast Special Attack sweeper, it has drought and with it's amazing Sp.Attack, using Flamethrower in drought with Mega Charizard Y will cause massive damage because it boosts the power of Flamethrower to 210 , even if the actual power if 95.
If you choose Pokemon X, a mega evolved Charizard will look like this:
Mega_Charizard_X_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy-2334199.jpg

This is a Fire/dragon type (No more ice weakness= Yay :giggle:) with Tough claws that increases Physical attack power,Weakness to ice. However, I choose Mega Charizard Y because it has better special attacks. I got Pokemon X because I wanted to try how the new fairy type is. I am trading my Charizardite X for 3dsatackman's Charizardite Y. The game does not restrict you from trading mega stones, even if they are version specific.
For the legendaries, you will likely end up trading them for another Pokemon on the GTS as there are ridiculous requests (eg: Giving a Squirtle for an Arceus) so it is up to you, I would prefer X because they have Xerneas, and it is quite powerful. Even Yveltal is strong, but not as effective Xerneas as Dragon types are now effectively balanced.
Conclusion:
Depending on which Kanto starter you will choose, (Bulbasaur, Squirtle. Charmander) If you choose a Charmander, it will be good to get Pokemon Y because of Charizard Y's amazing Special attack and drought. I prefer Pokemon X's legendary because it balances out Dragon types.
Even if you don't like the legendary later on, you can trade it. If you would like to trade mega stones, you can easily do so.
It sounds really cool! I would really like to have the Mega Charizard in the picture above. I think I'll get Charamander as my starter Pokèmon. Reasons:
  1. It looks really cool.
  2. Charamander's final evolution is Charizard, and Charizard is a dragon Pokèmon. I love dragons.
  3. I have a Charizard on my team in Pokèmon Showdon. I called him Flame, because the Charamander family all have flames on their tails. But, so does the Chimchar family. Maybe I'll get a Chimcar evolution in Pokèmon X/Y.
  4. I have Pokèpark: Pikachu's Adventure (and Pokèpark 2: Wonders Beyond), and Charamander is Pikachu's friend. Of course, if it was a proper Pokèmon game, Charamander would probably rip Pikachu apart...o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
really - i think that Y would be a better option as many people in this forum has X like me and if you get Y we can trade and Mega's aren't a problem as there are all these poke marts with megastones :p

but just choose what you like

really - i think that Y would be a better option as many people in this forum has X like me and if you get Y we can trade and Mega's aren't a problem as there are all these poke marts with megastones :p

but just choose what you like
What a concidence! I just got Y! :D

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
What a concidence! I just got Y! :D
really ?! i will give you some rare pokemon and legendaries :p
and you are joining my contest right ?
just send the PC if you are - I'm adding your name

enjoy your adventure in kalos :p

really ?! i will give you some rare pokemon and legendaries :p
and you are joining my contest right ?
just send the PC if you are - I'm adding your name

enjoy your adventure in kalos :p
Thanks. :D

welcome :p
i bet you are filled with excitement and you are rushing through the game
but i recommend that you slow down and enjoy the game and scenery :p its better to enjoy the story then to rush things :p so sit tight and enjoy the ride :p

and put your real name :p its nice it makes you feel part if the story in the game :p

The nickname I chose was Bro. Ah the short lived memories.

The nickname I chose was Bro. Ah the short lived memories.
lol i like to put in my real name and it asks for you real name "Bro" :p

welcome :p
i bet you are filled with excitement and you are rushing through the game
but i recommend that you slow down and enjoy the game and scenery :p its better to enjoy the story then to rush things :p so sit tight and enjoy the ride :p

and put your real name :p its nice it makes you feel part if the story in the game :p
I did put my real name. :D I agree. I'm in the first Gym now.

We can't argue that one is better than the other. Because, as said before, you can trade version-exclusive Pokémons/Items to the other version who don't have it. And (it's normal), the region is the same for the two games, none of the game is easier/harder than the other. They are the same game, except for version-exclusives Pokemon Items (said before).

As for the Mega-Evolution debate that was going on, don't forget: there's not only Charizard (though both are cool and powerful ;) )!

Conclusion: It's only a matter of taste. Pick the one you want the most, or the one who contains a Pokemon/Mega-Evolution you absolutely want without trading.

Reactions: 532 and milesose
Back when I was deciding which to get, the deciding factor for me was Mega Charizard X being part dragon type. That's all I needed to know.

I decided to get Pokemon X for a couple reasons. Xerneas as a legendary seemed much more interesting and unique as a Fairy Type than Yvetal, which seemed like a generic Dark type Pokemon. Charizard X had the cooler looks than Y although I think Charizard Y may have been more useful than Charizard X. Between Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, I chose X for looks but I really didn't care much either way. It was mainly the Xerneas > Yvetal that made me choose X.

I decided to get Pokemon X for a couple reasons. Xerneas as a legendary seemed much more interesting and unique as a Fairy Type than Yvetal, which seemed like a generic Dark type Pokemon. Charizard X had the cooler looks than Y although I think Charizard Y may have been more useful than Charizard X. Between Mewtwo X and Mewtwo Y, I chose X for looks but I really didn't care much either way. It was mainly the Xerneas > Yvetal that made me choose X.
I see. I just went with X because i saw that most people were getting Y, that would lead to more trade requests for X -exclusive Pokemon.
For the Charizard, you cannot really choose which one is better. Charizard X can tear through teams with Dragon Claw + STAB + Dragon Dance + 30 %Tough Claws boost, whereas Charizard Y is also very good with Flamethrower + STAB + Drought power up

I got X because my cousin got Y already. This way we can trade to get version exclusive Pokémon.

I prefer X version. Why cause I like the legendary bit looks.like the legendary Xerneas is somewhat common in its appearance, what I trying to say is it look more alike to a deer ..that not a problem though.. Its a fairy type legend ..:O I really one, cause I dont have fairy type legend back then.. I also bought Y version but I just let my brother played it.. I just trade with him using if I dont have pokemon in that version of X..:p

Back