Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date

Restricted User
Towns Folk
thoughts

Well, it's legal in Canada since like 10 years ago? And it's quite great. We have enough to mind on our own, why do we even care about what other people do in their bedroom seriously?

If they love each other, who are we to decide if they can marry or not o_O

Reactions: 532
Not sure if I should be happy that there's less guys to take chicks now or sad because chicks can take other chicks now :|

Reactions: 3905
Not sure if I should be happy that there's less guys to take chicks now or sad because chicks can take other chicks now :|
Haha !
Well I think you shouldn't mind actually, because even if said chicks (with your words :p) didn't have the right to marry, they would not go out with you because they don't like boys anyway ;)

Reactions: 532 and Marc
Haha !
Well I think you shouldn't mind actually, because even if said chicks (with your words :p) didn't have the right to marry, they would not go out with you because they don't like boys anyway ;)
I can dream, can't I? :hilarious:

And besides, maybe they'd change their mind later on :p

Last edited:
About time the US did something that didn't make us seem like a complete laughingstock, but I'm a little disappointed that it was only a 5-4 majority, there is legitimately no reason for anyone to be in dissent over same sex marriage.

It's about flipping time they made same sex marriage legal. It was gonna happen no matter what, so I'm just happy that now everyone can be happy, and able to live life the way they want to.

Reactions: Yukine and Icemario
I'm really happy that it was legalized. Like Sunny said, it's been legal here in Canada for quite some time, but I'm happy that the United States legalized it. :) I think it's lovely that they have, even if it's taken them a while. I'm glad people are able to marry any person they are in love with, regardless of their sex. ^o^

Reactions: 532
I can dream, can't I? :hilarious:

And besides, maybe they'd change their mind later on :p
I guess your second sentence answers your first :p

And I realize I didn't exactly answer to the topic yet -.-

Well as others said, better late than never. Too bad it only happens on the paper and not in people's mind yet. See how Tomodachi Life doesn't allow same-sex marriage for example (ok, TL is not exactly from the USA, which that topci was talking about, but still). Not sure if it is made on purpose, but even if it's not, it shows that they never considered the fact people are not all equal in tastes.

I was on a mission trip this week and was completely isolated from society so I didn't even find out about this until the day after through Snapchat. It came as a surprise, but it's pretty cool to see.

I'm not one to judge, I personally feel like we all have the right to happiness and if marrying someone of the same gender will make them happy then let them be happy. We haven't the right to judge them. :)

It was going to happen eventually. It's not like any new generation is stubborn anymore. Or at least on ideals that originated a long time ago. And even then what evidence is there to argue with. I just don't want a big deal out of it.

Tbh if I said what's on my mind about this issue I'd offend all gay people and at the same time everyone here might hate me for this. I'm afraid it's a thing that'll eventually lead its way to KSA(that ryhmed :D)

Reactions: Iridium Winter
Tbh if I said what's on my mind about this issue I'd offend all gay people and at the same time everyone here might hate me for this. I'm afraid it's a thing that'll eventually lead its way to KSA(that ryhmed :D)
That's why I pulled a little joke instead of making a serious post xD

Reactions: Derplink_:3
Depends. If you come with interesting arguments, I'd be glad to hear (or read) them.

I remember two years ago talking with the only one in my class who was against same-sex marriage. He indeed made everyone his enemy, except me because I was curious to know why he was against it so I asked him without having judging eyes or anything, and he told me, instead of being shouted at by everyone. And I asked him questions about points that were unclear, etc.

And we got to a conclusion at the end : he just doesn't have the same definition of "marriage" as others did. For him, it's really something between a man and a woman, not an abstract contract between two people to get social advantages. And one of the questions I asked him was "so you don't mind if we create another contract that does exactly the same as marriage except that it's not called marriage and it is allowed for same-sex people ?", and he said "I don't mind". Which is kind of ridiculous, the two contracts would be merged eventually in some years time.

But still, he had nothing against gay people, he just had a different definition of marriage and I was glad to be curious enough to see that he was not as close-minded as the so-called open-minded people who labeled him as close-minded without listening to his arguments (notsaying all people against same-sex marriage are as open-minded as he was, but at least he was).

Long post is long lol, I just wanted to say that if you don't just say "I don't like that" the way Apple fanboys say "Apple is better" but come with arguments, you may make an enemy of everyone else here but not me (encouraging, no ? :D).

Reactions: Derplink_:3 and Artisan
Depends. If you come with interesting arguments, I'd be glad to hear (or read) them.

I remember two years ago talking with the only one in my class who was against same-sex marriage. He indeed made everyone his enemy, except me because I was curious to know why he was against it so I asked him without having judging eyes or anything, and he told me, instead of being shouted at by everyone. And I asked him questions about points that were unclear, etc.

And we got to a conclusion at the end : he just doesn't have the same definition of "marriage" as others did. For him, it's really something between a man and a woman, not an abstract contract between two people to get social advantages. And one of the questions I asked him was "so you don't mind if we create another contract that does exactly the same as marriage except that it's not called marriage and it is allowed for same-sex people ?", and he said "I don't mind". Which is kind of ridiculous, the two contracts would be merged eventually in some years time.

But still, he had nothing against gay people, he just had a different definition of marriage and I was glad to be curious enough to see that he was not as close-minded as the so-called open-minded people who labeled him as close-minded without listening to his arguments (notsaying all people against same-sex marriage are as open-minded as he was, but at least he was).

Long post is long lol, I just wanted to say that if you don't just say "I don't like that" the way Apple fanboys say "Apple is better" but come with arguments, you may make an enemy of everyone else here but not me (encouraging, no ? :D).
(Encouraging yes:rotfl:) Well in that case, people who aren't bisexual please forgive my rudeness. I'm open-minded to a cluster of things but there is nothing I despise more than gay people(lesbian people I don't mind cause I think it's normal that girls tend to create such things as that, not offending lesbians here).

I mean men should act like men because they were created that way, in a sense sane men don't have intercourse with men because they are polar opposites. Best logical example I could bring up is electrons and protons. They are both different, but when put together they attract, when both of the same are put together they repel.

Imo gay people are odd and very wrong with what they do, men should be men and act they way they are. Just like how adults should act like adults.

A man loving another man doesn't make him less manly you know? I have many gay friends and they are still really manly, and really NORMAL I'd say. If they didn't date another guy, I would never have guessed.

You are aware that even animals have homosexuality right? It's not... not natural. It's really natural and have been around the world since... since always!

You are aware that even animals have homosexuality right? It's not... not natural. It's really natural and have been around the world since... since always!
Incest happens in nature, too, but that doesn't make it right.

Incest happens in nature, too, but that doesn't make it right.

You really shouldn't compare gay marriage to incest really. My point was about it being natural or not. Not being right or not.

Incest is a totally different matter, as it ends in children with disease. It's quite not the case in the present situation. No actual consequences like that.

You really shouldn't compare gay marriage to incest really. My point was about it being natural or not. Not being right or not.

Incest is a totally different matter, as it ends in children with disease. It's quite not the case in the present situation. No actual consequences like that.
I wasn't trying to compare incest and homosexuality, I was just trying to point out the "it happens in nature" argument doesn't automatically mean we should do it.

Reactions: Derplink_:3
Back