The Dodo Is The Word Official Pedia Event

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to join the drawing activity but I don’t want to draw the hated game character:(

Want to join the drawing activity but I don’t want to draw the hated game character:(
You're not the first one :monkey:

I guess you can just pick something like a signature they're known for (eg. Mario's hat and mustache as an example for Mario) and combine it with your favorite.

Wubba lubba dub dub and ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
I've posted up the last two activities. See the first post for more details.
Wubba lubba dub dub and ;)
You're unfortunately not a regular on the forum yet ;~;

Word count bumped up from 100 to 300 for the Create An Original Video Game Idea activity.

Not gonna call any names like sKy who may or may not have caused this :eyes2:

Reactions: 28142
heres my meme. i couldnt think of a good one. You wont understand this unless you've been active on this website for a while.

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 9.22.34 AM.png

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows and 28142
A topical meme
zxo9LD9.png

• Funny
Reactions: James, Gram, Mizunil and 3 others
This game is called " free fear real estate". (the free part would be crossed out in the actual title)
Your grandmother tells you of a secret treasure in this abandoned house before she dies. When you go visit the house, you see that its up for sale!!! And basically everyone in town wants to buy the house because its right next to the world famous trump mega mall. Your goal is to make sure that no one buys the house.

The game is split into two parts: day and night. In the daytime , you go around town talking to people to gain their trust and getting to know their worst fears. You also buy the supplies in the daytime. In the nightime, you sneak around the house, avoiding the guards and also setting up scary (but harmless) traps.

Each person has a different personality and they have a "fear meter". The more they get scared, the more their fear meter fills up. They run away screaming if their fear meter fully fills up and that means that you were successful. Theres also a "house reputation". The more people that leave the house, the lower the house reputation gets. You win if the house reputation hits 0.

There are many different ways to achieve the same goal. put your creativity to the test! Each person visits the house for 3 days. They will never return if you fill up their fear meter . But if you dont fill up their fear meter by the end of 3 days, they buy the house and you lose (you can continue from one of many checkpoints).

Some features of the game:
  • procedurally generated house for unique playthroughs
  • more than 35 unique personalities
  • more than 70 different traps
  • 5 unique endings
  • and a house-load of fun!
Releasing on switch, xbox and ps4 for $19.99.

Reactions: James, Gram, Agentperson and 2 others
I had this idea for a game for a while, and I guess I'll put it out there. :'D

So how it goes is like a sort of a beat-em'-up/RPG type of game? My original idea would be to just put my characters in it, and see where it goes from there. P2 ( my oc ) is a guy who just helps people because he's drawn to it. And it would mainly consist of fighting bad guys like thieves/weirdos/crooked cops and monsters. thinking

I was thinking it could be a sort of side-scroller, or top-down sort of view ( Like Zenonia or something ). :redpanda: You'd go to your house to listen to your friend Jack, the guy who overhears what's going on in the streets, and gives you the list of missions you can try. Some will be easy, while others will prove to be too difficult at the time. But training and taking on the lower missions could help you level up. When you do, you can allocate skill points into to different types of stats that'll bolster you in the way you want to go.

ALSO! You can unlock different characters when you complete certain quests/chain quests, and use them instead of the main guy! Or take one along to help out if you're going solo. There can also be a multiplayer mode where you and 3 other people can join forces to take out a big bad. *^*

When you complete a quest, you can also earn money which you can use to buy different clothes to look stylish on the battlefield. :sneaky: Or buy healing items if you need a quick boost to help you with that final push.

I had another idea about a different format, but this is already getting pretty long. :'D

Reactions: Gram, 28142 and Deepak
Sky was right. 100 words was NOT enough. I had to use a word counter after i finished and had to remove some sentences so that its perfectly 300 words,

Reactions: 28142
Sky was right. 100 words was NOT enough. I had to use a word counter after i finished and had to remove some sentences so that its perfectly 300 words,

yup, mechanics take a while to explain, and then everything ontop of that too.

Reactions: Deepak
IMG_20200817_102240.jpg
Sorry if my name is too blurry >.<

Can I also buy 1 Nook ticket? (50 PC)

Reactions: Gram and Marc
Have you ever wondered what happens to the towns you terrorise in games? Well wonder no more!

You play as a fully customisable "NPC" in a hometown of the main character, Quinn. Quinn grew up quiet and alone until one day they got "Protagonist powers!" and turned into the main character of a game. You, along with the rest of the town are left behind to deal with the chaos caused by a crazy teenager running around the place breaking rules and trying to win. Your role? Help with the town in whatever way you want. You want to help run a shop? Help clear out the monsters left behind by Quinn? Help heal the victims of Quinn's terror on the area? There's lots more things to do, many things to choose from! More tasks and jobs will open as you play the game.

- No time limits on days, you can only pick 1 job/section per day, but there's no restrictions of how long you can spend in a day.
- Because the world revolves around Quinn, they can indirectly help you! For example if you help out in a shop, if Quinn decides they like your shop then they'll spread the word out about you and you'll get more customers!
- If you decide to take a break from a job for a while, don't worry, the other townsfolk will follow in your steps and help out while you're not there, nothing will be lost!
- Of course, there's villans in the world who hate Quinn, they might just ask you to help them in different ways...

Possible name: Side Quest
Genres: RPG, Management, Farming sim, Action, idk
Game inspirations: Fantasy Life, Zelda, unanswered questions in almost every RPG game

Reactions: Gram and Deepak
4bphoi.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Marc
My Video Game Idea!

An RPG that has different characters, mechanics, locations, and endings depending on how many times you've died! So it starts out with one main character, then dying means you move to a different character that was related to the first one (for example: the first character's son). All the playable characters are linked to each other, and they all have reasons for continuing the journey/plot [so that the game still retains a sense of continuity]

Now since your main character changed and time has passed, the world will also change. Let's say for the first character, you died before you could complete a sidequest where you need to plant trees in an area. When you get to the second character, that area is now barren. BUT if you manage to complete the sidequest before dying, the area will be a forest by the time the second character comes into play.

Now when your second character dies, another takes their place (for example: the second character's apprentice) and the world changes again based on your actions!

I was thinking maybe up to 5 characters, so that you can really explore and see how each action affects the world. Also, finishing the game with just the first character means never dying at all :D
But of course, finishing with all 5 characters [New Game+ is a thing!] will unlock more of the story, where all 5 characters come together [Time Travel is also a thing!] and eventually achieve the true ending :)

Possible Title - Chrono Quest: Generations
Genres: RPG, Adventure, Action, Fighting, Fantasy
Inspired by Romancing Saga (the character switching part), NieR: Automata (the multiple endings and world-building parts), Chrono Trigger (the time travel and the title), and Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest (how the gameplay will be like)

Last edited:
My Video Game Idea!

An RPG that has different characters, mechanics, locations, and endings depending on how many times you've died! So it starts out with one main character, then dying means that you move on to a different character that was related to the first one (for example: the first character's offspring). All the playable characters are linked to each other, and they all have their reasons for continuing the journey/plot [just so that the game still retains a sense of continuity lol]

Now since your main character changed and time has passed, the things in the world also change. Let's say for the first character, you died before you could complete a side quest where you need to plant trees in an area. When you get to the second character, that area is now barren. BUT if you manage to complete the side quest before dying, the area will be a forest by the time the second character comes into play.

Now when your second character dies, another takes their place (for example: the second character's apprentice or something) and the world changes again based on what you were able to accomplish as the first and second characters!

I was thinking maybe up to 5 characters/character changes could be good. So that you can really explore and see how each action affects other timelines. Also, finishing the game with just the first character means never dying at all :D
But of course, finishing with all 5 characters [New Game+ is a thing!] will unlock more of the story, where all 5 characters come together [Time Travel is also a thing!] and eventually defeat the boss and achieve the canon ending :)

Possible Title - Chrono Quest: Generations
Genre: RPG, Adventure, Action, Fighting, Fantasy
Inspired by Romancing Saga (the main character switching part), NieR: Automata (the multiple endings and world-building parts), Chrono Trigger (the time travel and the title LOL), and Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest (how I envision the game will be played)

335 words :eyes:

335 words :eyes:
Tbh, I wasn't even gonna count it, but thank you so much sky :pepe:

@Trazzers you can shave some words off before I check when I woke up in some hours.

Tbh, I wasn't even gonna count it, but thank you so much sky :pepe:

@Trazzers you can shave some words off before I check when I woke up in some hours.

throw it into notepad++ and double click the character count :p

Whoops! Seems like I lost count Lemme edit it a bit! :D

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back