the legend of zelda oracle games

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and what I'm saying is that once they realized that there'd be the difficulty with linking, they decided to have the Oracle of Ages game not have the color aspect for sake of having something entirely different for the theme
Well Oracle of Ages still has the color aspect in the game but the main aspect of the game has switched to time. I wonder how the Paintbrush key item would have worked though.

Well Oracle of Ages still has the color aspect in the game but the main aspect of the game has switched to time. I wonder how the Paintbrush key item would have worked though.
Yeah, that's what I meant regarding the color aspect not being the main focus. Yeah, I wonder on that too...do you think that maybe the Paintbrush thing could have worked similar to the whole thing in Link Between Worlds?

Yeah, that's what I meant regarding the color aspect not being the main focus. Yeah, I wonder on that too...do you think that maybe the Paintbrush thing could have worked similar to the whole thing in Link Between Worlds?
I know you were saying that. It could have worked like that but I am not sure. I would sort of see a problem with a paintbrush item until the DS line came out since it limits a few possibilities.

I know you were saying that. It could have worked like that but I am not sure. I would sort of see a problem with a paintbrush item until the DS line came out since it limits a few possibilities.
yeah, that is true. Gameboy Color doesn't exactly offer similar technical abilities as the DS and 3DS do. Maybe ALBW was a chance to expand on what they were thinking before with the paintbrush idk

yeah, that is true. Gameboy Color doesn't exactly offer similar technical abilities as the DS and 3DS do. Maybe ALBW was a chance to expand on what they were thinking before with the paintbrush idk
Honestly Yuga's(is it ok to say his name?) paintbrush(or whatever it is) isn't the best comparison for the would-be paintbrush in pre-Oracle of Ages since you could probably merge with walls in it. You probably couldn't make paint walls to block attacks or reflect them back or some other effect.

Honestly Yuga's(is it ok to say his name?) paintbrush(or whatever it is) isn't the best comparison for the would-be paintbrush in pre-Oracle of Ages since you could probably merge with walls in it. You probably couldn't make paint walls to block attacks or reflect them back or some other effect.
It's okay to say his name I'd imagine. Who doesn't know it by now? And meh, I guess that probably is true in terms of how the paintbrush would be able to be used for the game

Probably lots of people who wanted the game to be a mystery? Lol. Anyways, what applications do you think the paintbrush would have had if they kept it in the game?

Probably lots of people who wanted the game to be a mystery? Lol. Anyways, what applications do you think the paintbrush would have had if they kept it in the game?
It's a good question and one which I could only guess on..well, since it's a color theme maybe the paintbrush could have been used to change the color to reveal new secrets based on new shades and such. Idk given that it can't do a lot of the things ALBW can, it's somewhat limited in scope

It's a good question and one which I could only guess on..well, since it's a color theme maybe the paintbrush could have been used to change the color to reveal new secrets based on new shades and such. Idk given that it can't do a lot of the things ALBW can, it's somewhat limited in scope
Yea it will be speculation since there wasn't a lot of possibilities because the controls aren't really agreeable for most things you can do with it. I was just thinking of some ideas it could have been used if it was on the DS. :p

Yea it will be speculation since there wasn't a lot of possibilities because the controls aren't really agreeable for most things you can do with it. I was just thinking of some ideas it could have been used if it was on the DS. :p
yeah, if it was on the DS there'd be a lot more possibilities as to what could be done. Unfortunately though Nintendo decided to pursue only Wind Waker sequels for the DS. Well, the color stuff is still possible to use given that GBC was really innovative for having color at the time. So I guess the paintbrush thing would have been used to show off the color (although...where did you hear about the paintbrush again?).

yeah, if it was on the DS there'd be a lot more possibilities as to what could be done. Unfortunately though Nintendo decided to pursue only Wind Waker sequels for the DS. Well, the color stuff is still possible to use given that GBC was really innovative for having color at the time. So I guess the paintbrush thing would have been used to show off the color (although...where did you hear about the paintbrush again?).
Yea but Phantom Hourglass was a good game though and Spirit Tracks.... well... it had an interesting concept I guess. I guess that makes sense. Who really knows. As for where I heard about the paintbrush, "The Chapter of Wisdom featured an item called the Magic Paintbrush which was to be used to solve color-themed puzzles." Here is the link: http://zeldawiki.org/Oracle_Series look under The Triforce series. Did you know that Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were released near the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan?

Yea but Phantom Hourglass was a good game though and Spirit Tracks.... well... it had an interesting concept I guess. I guess that makes sense. Who really knows. As for where I heard about the paintbrush, "The Chapter of Wisdom featured an item called the Magic Paintbrush which was to be used to solve color-themed puzzles." Here is the link: http://zeldawiki.org/Oracle_Series look under The Triforce series. Did you know that Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were released near the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan?
Yeah, I'm not saying those two games were bad, I'm just saying that Nintendo decided to solely focus on that haha Ah, I never saw that section...I guess the Magic Paintbrush would have been an interesting item to use. Perhaps it would have been like the Rod of Seasons and if you swing it in certain areas, it'd change the color of the screen or something. I didn't know that they were released near the end of its lifespan, but I can't say I'm surprised lol On a side note, I find it interesting that the two games received identical review scores in many places

Yeah, I'm not saying those two games were bad, I'm just saying that Nintendo decided to solely focus on that haha Ah, I never saw that section...I guess the Magic Paintbrush would have been an interesting item to use. Perhaps it would have been like the Rod of Seasons and if you swing it in certain areas, it'd change the color of the screen or something. I didn't know that they were released near the end of its lifespan, but I can't say I'm surprised lol On a side note, I find it interesting that the two games received identical review scores in many places
I know you weren't. I just had to say my opinion on those two games. I could elaborate but this isn't the place for such things. Anyways, yes I guess you could do that but I don't think that the Game Boy Color had that many colors to work with though. There is an item in both games to show evidence that they were released close to the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan. Also, yep and there are identical in other ways too. :p

I know you weren't. I just had to say my opinion on those two games. I could elaborate but this isn't the place for such things. Anyways, yes I guess you could do that but I don't think that the Game Boy Color had that many colors to work with though. There is an item in both games to show evidence that they were released close to the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan. Also, yep and there are identical in other ways too. :p
Well, GBC may not have had too many colors to work with perhaps, but all the same the fact it had colors was probably really innovative at the time. I mean, the original Gameboy was only in Black and White, wasn't it? I'm sure they could have come up with some creative idea to use the colors like that. Also, there's an item that shows evidence of that? What's the item, is it close to the end of the game?

Well, GBC may not have had too many colors to work with perhaps, but all the same the fact it had colors was probably really innovative at the time. I mean, the original Gameboy was only in Black and White, wasn't it? I'm sure they could have come up with some creative idea to use the colors like that. Also, there's an item that shows evidence of that? What's the item, is it close to the end of the game?
I guess that is true,. Probably when it was the first idea was out, the Game Boy Color was intuitive and they wanted to use the color as a mechanic since they could. Yes the original Game Boy was in black and white. I can't think of many ideas that the paintbrush could have been used on a Game Boy system. No it isn't near the end of the game. It was just a bonus item that doesn't do anything. The item is called the Advanced Ring. You only get it if you play Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons on a Game Boy Advance.

I guess that is true,. Probably when it was the first idea was out, the Game Boy Color was intuitive and they wanted to use the color as a mechanic since they could. Yes the original Game Boy was in black and white. I can't think of many ideas that the paintbrush could have been used on a Game Boy system. No it isn't near the end of the game. It was just a bonus item that doesn't do anything. The item is called the Advanced Ring. You only get it if you play Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons on a Game Boy Advance.
Ahhh I see what they did there lol Yeah, with that in mind I guess they did expect it to be near the end of GBC lifespan. I'm pretty sure they would have thought of something to use the colors. This is Nintendo we're talking about here. They're pretty good at bringing out the best from their consoles and handhelds (case in point: Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back