The Nintendo 2DS. Can you believe it?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
Ah, arguments and opinions.
The design really is pretty disgusting to be honest. Even if one doesn't want to pay for the 3D, would it have killed Nintendo to keep the good design of the previous DS consoles?

Reactions: Chief
I offered arguments but you dodge them with an opinion? SMH

Why are you taking this so seriously? This is a discussion. :)

Why are you taking this so seriously? This is a discussion. :)
Because this is a serious discussion or else why would we even be on topic?

Okay. The 2DS design is disgusting.

Also, I would like to mention that the majority of users who posted in this thread do not like the design. That is a small sampled representation of people's opinion for the design.

Many would find, I think, that the design is a little awkward to play with. It's a new look in design to the Nintendo DS family. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't buy it. I am simply stating that people and myself do not like the approach Nintendo took to design this thing.

If you want to purchase this new system, go for it!

Well, with that point of view (of a lot of people), if I put a plastic separator bar on my TV, i will get double screen :rotfl:

Only if you can get the two parts of the screen to display different things :p

Also, I would like to mention that the majority of users who posted in this thread do not like the design. That is a small sampled representation of people's opinion for the design.

Many would find, I think, that the design is a little awkward to play with. It's a new look in design to the Nintendo DS family. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't buy it. I am simply stating that people and myself do not like the approach Nintendo took to design this thing.

If you want to purchase this new system, go for it!

Since we are going with the majority, I would like to point out that a lot of the people that criticized the design also went back on their initial opinion once they saw a video of people handling the 2DS.

Here is the thread if you want to check it.

I think its pretty clear that it doesn't look like the handling would be awkward at all.

But then again, it seems that your issue is more with the aesthetic than the comfort since you went on about how the design is "disgusting" to you.

Reactions: jandkas
Only if you can get the two parts of the screen to display different things :p

Since we are going with the majority, I would like to point out that a lot of the people that criticized the design also went back on their initial opinion once they saw a video of people handling the 2DS.

Here is the thread if you want to check it.

I think its pretty clear that it doesn't look like the handling would be awkward at all.

But then again, it seems that your issue is more with the aesthetic than the comfort since you went on about how the design is "disgusting" to you.

If I really am not buying the system because I'm concerned with the appearance of it, so be it. I already stated, if you want to purchase the system, then buy it. We all have our reasons for buying the Nintendo 2DS and not buying it.

I am personally fine with the Nintendo 3DS I have. I don't want to buy another one. I feel as though my hands would not be comfortable with the system in my hands. Of course, I'd have to test it out myself to validate what I think. The same could go for you.

You want it. You like it. You buy it.

You don't want. You dislike. You don't buy it.

Simple.

If I really am not buying the system because I'm concerned with the appearance of it, so be it. I already stated, if you want to purchase the system, then buy it. We all have our reasons for buying the Nintendo 2DS and not buying it.

I am personally fine with the Nintendo 3DS I have. I don't want to buy another one. I feel as though my hands would not be comfortable with the system in my hands. Of course, I'd have to test it out myself to validate what I think. The same could go for you.

You want it. You like it. You buy it.

You don't want. You dislike. You don't buy it.

Simple.

No one is contradicting you when it comes to this. But comments like this..
Enjoy the disgusting design.
...do nothing to contribute to the discussion. All this is, is unwarranted hate against a console you've never even seen with your own eyes.
You don't like the design, and that's an opinion you are entitled to. But there's a difference between having a non-argumentative opinion not based on any fact, and stating that "The 2DS design is disgusting."

Reactions: Nuke and jandkas
No one is contradicting you when it comes to this. But comments like this..

...do nothing to contribute to the discussion. All this is, is unwarranted hate against a console you've never even seen with your own eyes.
You don't like the design, and that's an opinion you are entitled to. But there's a difference between having a non-argumentative opinion not based on any fact, and stating that "The 2DS design is disgusting."

Hence why I posted directly after that. There's an editing time limit. If I was able to post what I wrote in later in my original post, I would have done so.

And before you talk about contributions to threads, you might want to talk to @AppleLover first. Check out those posts. ;)

So, your logic is that the fact that he writes pointless posts makes it right for you to do the same?

So, your logic is that the fact that he writes pointless posts makes it right for you to do the same?

What are you going to do about pointless posts? Why don't you edit the posts and change them to your liking.

The design isn't exactly eye candy (it's more like some kind of chemical sprayed to the face), but I've heard that the control/button scheme is actually quite comfortable. I wouldn't purchase this console if I had the choice, and many people do; it's just that people don't feel like saving their money for quality when they can buy something cheaper right away.

I've gotta say though, it's quite the sneaky and smart decision by Nintendo to target this console on kids/trainers. I mean, if there was absolutely nothing on my current wishlist, maybe getting the mirrored version of the Pokemon game I purchased, and then getting a 2DS is something that would bring more satisfaction to me. Swapping exclusive Pokemon or just having that extra ability could prove very useful.

Reactions: Chief and jandkas
The design isn't exactly eye candy (it's more like some kind of chemical sprayed to the face), but I've heard that the control/button scheme is actually quite comfortable. I wouldn't purchase this console if I had the choice, and many people do; it's just that people don't feel like saving their money for quality when they can buy something cheaper right away.

I've gotta say though, it's quite the sneaky and smart decision by Nintendo to target this console on kids/trainers. I mean, if there was absolutely nothing on my current wishlist, maybe getting the mirrored version of the Pokemon game I purchased, and then getting a 2DS is something that would bring more satisfaction to me. Swapping exclusive Pokemon or just having that extra ability could prove very useful.

You have a point here, also, the restore function of the digital game is really dangerous. Imagine if you can catch the legendary Pokemon twice at the same time :facepalm:

What are you going to do about pointless posts? Why don't you edit the posts and change them to your liking.

Actually, staff members will soon be implementing rules where the pointless and spammy posts will get deleted, with possible penalties to the poster.

This conversation is also getting off topic. If you would like to respond, please do so by PM.

You have a point here, also, the restore function of the digital game is really dangerous. Imagine if you can catch the legendary Pokemon twice at the same time :facepalm:

That wouldn't be much of an issue. It just means more people trading rare Pokemon :p Although I doubt it would be that easy.

That wouldn't be much of an issue. It just means more people trading rare Pokemon :p Although I doubt it would be that easy.

But it's like cheating, so far, no good.

Actually, staff members will soon be implementing rules where the pointless and spammy posts will get deleted, with possible penalties to the poster.

This conversation is also getting off topic. If you would like to respond, please do so by PM.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be punished because it is not yet a rule unless of course, we have corrupt staff members around here. You're correct, this is getting off topic, so let's just leave it at that.

Are you going to be buying the Nintendo 2DS?

Last edited:

The only way I get the 2DS is if my 3DS get broken and I need a new console (because it will be cheaper).
But in that case, I would prefer wait some time and buy the XL version.

If my 3DS XL broke, I'd get a 2DS XL. :p

I won't be buying a 2DS, but it looks like a decent design, now that I've realized Nintendo's little scheme with it. The buttons are raised, so it's easier to handle. It still doesn't look good, visually, but it looks okay in terms of how it's played.

A lot of people said the 2DS had better controls.
Ex:

The thing perhaps most surprising was how comfortable it felt in the hands. All the buttons are in perfect reaching distance for thumbs, and while it's not on the level of the PS Vita in terms of feel, it's far better than we e

I felt it was a bit iffy to reach for the d-pad on the original 3DS, but since the buttons are raised on the 2DS it seems much more easier now.

Back