The Nintendo 2DS. Can you believe it?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
I felt it was a bit iffy to reach for the d-pad on the original 3DS, but since the buttons are raised on the 2DS it seems much more easier now.
Yeah, that's a definite advantage. I never could use the D-pad during Tales of the Abyss 3D, even though it was a part of the battles.

Reactions: jandkas
Yeah, that's a definite advantage. I never could use the D-pad during Tales of the Abyss 3D, even though it was a part of the battles.
Finally someone understand the reason why they pushed the controls up.

Have you seen the new 2DS that Nintendo is making? Will you get one?

I, personally, don't think I will be getting one. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Nintendo fan. But I just got the 3DS I have for Christmas last year and I don't plan to stop playing it any time soon. Plus, I don't see what the point is going back to playing a 2D when you have a 3D version.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Chief
Have you seen the new 2DS that Nintendo is making? Will you get one?

I, personally, don't think I will be getting one. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Nintendo fan. But I just got the 3DS I have for Christmas last year and I don't plan to stop playing it any time soon. Plus, I don't see what the point is going back to playing a 2D when you have a 3D version.

Your thoughts?

Big point here. There is no reason to buy the 2DS if you already have the 3DS.

Another introduction to the Nintendo 2ds, seriously I still can't believe people (Youtube) are ranting on this same matter, its everywhere still.

well stop whining people! i bought mine on release day with a carrying case, pokemon Y and a 20$ eshop card! and because of my giant ape hands this feels PERFECTLY in my hands. and guess what? if i bought a 3ds XL (because again ape hands + 3ds = lots of pain) i would get NOTHIN only the console! so stop whining its a great thing!

well stop whining people! i bought mine on release day with a carrying case, pokemon Y and a 20$ eshop card! and because of my giant ape hands this feels PERFECTLY in my hands. and guess what? if i bought a 3ds XL (because again ape hands + 3ds = lots of pain) i would get NOTHIN only the console! so stop whining its a great thing!

Not here. 2DS is more expensive than the original 3DS 0.0'

Not here. 2DS is more expensive than the original 3DS 0.0'
where the hell do you live? australia? southern aurabia? the moon?
i think your local store might be bullshiting the costumers with this

If I were Nintendo, I would make it a bit cheaper, 'cause in Europe it is only 30 euro less.

Slow down! :p
I live in Argentina, and the problem isn't the store, the problem are the taxes.
Long story and I don't like to explain this a lot of times, so the problem is the country.

If I were Nintendo, I would make it a bit cheaper, 'cause in Europe it is only 30 euro less.

Well, the console is 40 bucks cheaper, so in Europe must be 30 to 40 euro cheaper.
Anyways, remember this console is a lot more durable than the original 3ds.

Maybe, but I have my 3DS now for a long time and there's still nothing wrong with it and I personally think that the 2DS looks a bit... Meh I don't know... (3D is awesome)

GUYS if you don't have money or 3ds buy it, if have a 3ds or don't want to buy it, just ignore it :p

GUYS if you don't have money or 3ds buy it, if have a 3ds or don't want to buy it, just ignore it :p

So if I don't have the money or 3DS one should buy it? :D

No,but if you want to you should :D

Maybe, but I have my 3DS now for a long time and there's still nothing wrong with it and I personally think that the 2DS looks a bit... Meh I don't know... (3D is awesome)
I agree the 3D is awesome but its not fit for kids, and maybe the reason why you had the 3DS in good condition is becuase you take care of it well, little children aren't so Nintendo made the 2DS extra durable.
Yikes, no, where he lives (Argentina) taxes are screwing people up, he explained it in many other threads.

Everyone commenting on the article is already saying it's awful-looking, and I have to agree. The design is far too horrible. The positioning of the L/R buttons and circle pad is horribly awkward, there's only one speaker, etc, etc.

OMG if I got that 2DS it would take me so long to get used to that one speaker positioned at the side of the Nintendo 2DS... It took me so long for me to deal with surround sound without turning my head...

People complaining about the design need to understand this is a device aimed at children. They got rid of the clamshell design because kids break hinges really easily. When parents go Christmas shopping for a new system for their kids, they'll see the 2DS is cheaper and buy it.

You don't have to buy it. But it's a nice alternative for those wanting to play the massive 3DS library and don't care about 3D.

Reactions: Aquas
People complaining about the design need to understand this is a device aimed at children. They got rid of the clamshell design because kids break hinges really easily. When parents go Christmas shopping for a new system for their kids, they'll see the 2DS is cheaper and buy it.

You don't have to buy it. But it's a nice alternative for those wanting to play the massive 3DS library and don't care about 3D.
Kids... tend to not be gentle with the stuff they own. The 2ds is durable, nothing really to break off, and it's more affordable than a 3ds. Plus, Nintendo says for kids not to use 3d, so they took it out. The concept is actually a great idea, parents shopping for their young child will want a durable, and cheaper thing in the lines of gaming electronics. That thing is the 2ds.

Back