Things you believed as a child

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
I believed that factories that produced smoke were actually cloud machines. And I cursed them on Halloween if it was cloudy,

Reactions: spagooti and Ninja-Patty
I believed that if I closed my eyes you couldn't see me so up until about 5 i used to shut my eyes in an awkward situation, people thought i fainted.:D:D:D

One time when my mom and I were driving down the street towards somewhere at night, I saw there were clouds in the sky, so I thought that night time was caused by clouds and that if I got a big fan I'd blow them away to make it day again. Ahhh, good times.

When I was little I thought if you ate an apple seed and apple tree would grow in your tummy lol. My sister used to tell me that all the time. She also convinced me and my brother when were 4 or 5 that this creepy building in town was full of ghost pirates (I mean, the creepy building wasn't that far from the harbour lol)

I was told if I ate the crust off bread it would prevent cancer. o_O my friends dad told her the same thing haha.

I was also told if I scowled/pulled an annoying face for too long my face would freeze that way.

My sister told me if I ate too many carrots I'd turn orange lol. I wouldn't eat carrots for like a month haha.

I have seen a person whose face was stuck with an annoying face she couldn't make it normal

I believed in Sinterklaas (Dutch version of Santa Claus, before Christmas and much more awesome because everybody actually plays along and there are dressed up people all over the country for two weeks) and I believed for a while that I was being stalked by an invisible alien. I could hear him when I walked up the stairs and feel his eyes peering out of the closet at night. y lamp changed to a green hue colour at night too, I still don't know what it was I think my cat was just being creepy.

Reactions: Moon Rain
I believed in Sinterklaas (Dutch version of Santa Claus, before Christmas and much more awesome because everybody actually plays along and there are dressed up people all over the country for two weeks) and I believed for a while that I was being stalked by an invisible alien. I could hear him when I walked up the stairs and feel his eyes peering out of the closet at night. y lamp changed to a green hue colour at night too, I still don't know what it was I think my cat was just being creepy.

That was very creepy! I cannot imagine what I would do if I hear noises and the lamp change colour at night.:eek:
It is good to see so many Santa Claus comments here (and also Tooth Fairy) as people don't really celebrate Christmas :p

What I believe when I was a kid was that if I eat then sleep, I will grow a tail!

Reactions: PersonSP
I believed in
Santa Clause (until I saw my parents putting a gift under the tree written from santa)
Tooth Fairy (until I saw my mother put money under my pillow)
and Magic

As a Child I believed in:
John Romero:But then he published Daikatana
That Jesus Christ comes every Christmas to bring the children presents
(I don´t know why we have him instead of Santa Claus in germany)
Also I believed that if you drink Cola with Mentos you would explode.
And I believed that School was pointless

As a Child I believed in:
John Romero:But then he published Daikatana
That Jesus Christ comes every Christmas to bring the children presents
(I don´t know why we have him instead of Santa Claus in germany)
Also I believed that if you drink Cola with Mentos you would explode.
And I believed that School was pointless

The cola and mentos thing; I did that by accident and believe me; you shouldn't. While you do not explode it does feel like there is a fountain from your stomach all the way up to your nose. (So if you try to keep your mouth closed it will pour out your nose and it burns!):confused:

I did that too except it was Pop Rocks and Cola...I couldn't feel my mouth for the rest of the day.

When I was younger we had wooden panels on our walls of our old house and I would swear that the swirls in the wood were eyes, I'd cry and saw "I don't like the eyes".

I used to believe in my imaginary friend, who was a Shark named...Sharky. I'd pretend that he swam around my bed and would follow me.

Also, I believed that if I made SOS in my back yard a helicopter would come into the backyard....
So I made a SOS in the backyard using sticks, leaves, and small rocks...luckily no one came.

I also when I was little my parents would drop me off at my grandparents house to do whatever...And when my grandparents were done watching me they'd take me home, well on this certain path they had two large transformers with the wires connecting to one another, one had metal on top of it in the shape of a mushroom and the other was just wood with large metal rods that looked like arms and for some reason I would call them mom and dad.

And the last one is, I would think everyone had two or more of the exact same house because of the many different ways we would get home...not realizing that there are thousands of roads and different paths leading to the same place.

I believed in
Santa Clause (until I saw my parents putting a gift under the tree written from santa)
Tooth Fairy (until I saw my mother put money under my pillow)
and Magic
What do you mean? Santa is real.....right? RIGHT?!?!?

Reactions: Knight Rain
I did that too except it was Pop Rocks and Cola...I couldn't feel my mouth for the rest of the day.

When I was younger we had wooden panels on our walls of our old house and I would swear that the swirls in the wood were eyes, I'd cry and saw "I don't like the eyes".

I used to believe in my imaginary friend, who was a Shark named...Sharky. I'd pretend that he swam around my bed and would follow me.

Also, I believed that if I made SOS in my back yard a helicopter would come into the backyard....
So I made a SOS in the backyard using sticks, leaves, and small rocks...luckily no one came.

I also when I was little my parents would drop me off at my grandparents house to do whatever...And when my grandparents were done watching me they'd take me home, well on this certain path they had two large transformers with the wires connecting to one another, one had metal on top of it in the shape of a mushroom and the other was just wood with large metal rods that looked like arms and for some reason I would call them mom and dad.

And the last one is, I would think everyone had two or more of the exact same house because of the many different ways we would get home...not realizing that there are thousands of roads and different paths leading to the same place.
That last one sounds fun ^^

haha, I used to believe the world was black and white before 2000. I thought that before 2000, the entire world had no color and that's why the pictures were all black and white, then after 2000, the color revolution came xD
I also thought the sun lived behind a hill and if you went to the top of a hill you could see the sun completly

Reactions: Jeff The Killer and 18
That last one sounds fun ^^

I know right :D

I hate how growing up ruins the little fun things like our childish outlook on life and then we're left with reality...
tumblr_n4tqu1lWAc1sh28k6o1_500.gif

Reactions: 18
haha, I used to believe the world was black and white before 2000. I thought that before 2000, the entire world had no color and that's why the pictures were all black and white, then after 2000, the color revolution came xD
Haha, I really like this one :hilarious:

I used to believe that if you stuck a lit match to a piece of ice, it would catch fire. Not melt, but outright buuuuuurn. :D I experimented... and, well, I got a scolding for endangering the house :p

Reactions: Knight Rain
That's Saint Nicolas, didn't all the kids believe in him.
At my grandparents there was a little pond, but it was dangerous for ous as kids to drown in, so they told us that if we came to close a sorte of man with a hook would grab us and pull us in.

1.) I thought that the cameras in the streets were for the people operating the stoplights. Then two seconds later, I was told that the stoplights were automatic. Good times.

2.) Of course, I believed in Santa... When I was, like six. Stopped believing soon after. I remember debating to myself whether to finish the leftover cookies and milk or not. I thought that maybe he was sick, so I shouldn't eat the cookies...?

And then...
My mom starting eating them. Rip.

3.) I had this red wolf stuffed animal that I slept with every night, and I thought that he would protect me from nightmares if I yelled "Mountain" out the window :rotfl:

(OH, AND THAT RED WOLF STUFFED ANIMAL IS REALLY RARE HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA)
Lucky.JPG
Still not selling a piece of my childhood, though. No way. Anyway, on with the list.

4.) I thought that I could see Saturn wherever and whenever I wanted to. I wanted to see Jupiter though, since it was and still is my favorite planet (and Sailor Scout <3).

And of course, I believed in the Tooth Fairy and whatnot as well... I didn't believe in the Easter Bunny, though.

I didn't believe much.
I believed in Sinterklaas (Dutch variation on Santa Claus when I was a kid) and I sort of believed in God for a tiny brief spell. So I asked for a children's bible. And then I realised it was a nice fairytale. Oh! And I used to believe mosquitoes were attracted to light (they're not, they're attracted to heat and body odour).

Oh, and I also believed that gas from cars created clouds. Which they kinda can, if they're about to explode.

Don't ask how and why I know this.

Reactions: Mizunil
Back