What are the best ways to make Bells in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
What are some of your methods to quickly make a lot of Bells in Animal Crossing: New Leaf? Do you hit a random rock every day hoping that loot comes out? Or do you hunt bugs and fish at the Island?

Let us know some of your juicy Bell-making information in this thread, :greedy:

I catch bugs at night time in Tortimer Island and I sell them at Re-Tail. I also hit the money rock each day.

I always sell all the fossils i can find!

I catch bugs at night time in Tortimer Island and I sell them at Re-Tail.
I always sell all the fossils i can find!
I go shark hunting at the Island, :hungry:

Reactions: CoreyBryceWilliams
The best way is to go to the island at night. I got this tip personally from Reggie fils-Amie. The president of Nintnedo.

Reactions: Kaynil
What is your best, or favorite way to get bells? Do you sell Fish or Bugs, or dig up Fossils? Do you sell Gems or get bells from Rocks? Post the ways you get bells here!

Rocks, fossils, and fish. I've never been a fan of big catching

I'm so early in New Leaf that I'm still on flowers, lol.

Bug City.
Beetles specifically, home made from the islands. CA-CHING.

I tend to catch sharks. I didn't actually leave a response of what I catch. So, I prey on anything finned.

Definitely bug island, but in the coming winter the island is not going to be a viable option.

The best way to make bells in Animal Crossing is to steal it from people.

Just kidding. I think bug catching on the island, duplicating bell bags, and selling no longer used items are the greatest ways to get bells.

Make sure you sell your stuff at retail in your town and NOT at Timmy and Tommy's store. Retail will give you more bells for your stuff. and if you read the sign outside of Retail they usually have an item that they are giving an extra bonus if you have it to sell.

Reactions: Kaynil
I usually go to Tortimer Island during the night to catch bugs, then I sell those bugs at Re-Tail. I also sell furniture and other items that I do not need at as well.

Last edited:
I go to the Island and catch bugs, then I sell those bugs at Re-Tail. :greedy:
What about the sharks? :singing:

Sharks are by far the best way to make bells in my opinion. If you catch two great whites, that alone is 40k bells.

I mostly sell bugs and fish. I also sell any fossils that I already own in my museum.

Most new fossils go to my Museum, but I'd say Fossils, Fish and Bugs are the big money makers for me besides the psycho times when I harvest many, many, trees.

I too get a ton of bells by going to Tortimer Island and selling the bugs I catch there at Re-Tail.

A fossil normally gets me a lot more Bells when compared to a bug or fish that I sell. I like to hit rocks daily and collect the Bells. I could never get the last Bell bag, and I even tried the three holes method, :cry:

Back