What are the best ways to make Bells in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
A fossil normally gets me a lot more Bells when compared to a bug or fish that I sell. I like to hit rocks daily and collect the Bells. I could never get the last Bell bag, and I even tried the three holes method, :cry:

Press that button like your life depends on it. :)

Reactions: Marc
Bugs, 100%. The one's on the island sell for ridiculously large amounts of money.
The main way I get money is turnips, but you didn't put that as an option.

A fossil normally gets me a lot more Bells when compared to a bug or fish that I sell. I like to hit rocks daily and collect the Bells. I could never get the last Bell bag, and I even tried the three holes method, :cry:
How do you make money from fossils? I'll occasionally get up to 5k for 4-5 fossils.

How do you make money from fossils? I'll occasionally get up to 5k for 4-5 fossils.
Carry them to Blathers at the museum first for him to take a better look and then sell 'em.

Carry them to Blathers at the museum first for him to take a better look and then sell 'em.
I thought once you took them there, you didn't get em back.

I thought once you took them there, you didn't get em back.
Only if you donate them.

Usually it is around this order:
  1. Find the money rock and get the most out of it.
  2. Get all the shells from the ocean and sell them.
  3. Walk around town collecting fossils and insects. Sell the repeated ones.
  4. Fish by the river day time / ocean afternoon time.
  5. Keep hunting insects and if a good deal get whatever Retail is paying premium.
I know going to the island is also a great way to make bells pretty quickly, but I rarely go on my own.

Reactions: Marc and Matthew
I sell bugs. and I sell fish from time to time, too. I also search for the money rock.

Sharks are by far the best way to make bells in my opinion. If you catch two great whites, that alone is 40k bells.
Hey , @Matthew , thanks for sharing your information with us , once I get the game animal crossing new leaf I would use your method as mentioned above to get bells :)

Hey , @Matthew , thanks for sharing your information with us , once I get the game animal crossing new leaf I would use your method as mentioned above to get bells :)
It's best to go to the island in August from like 7PM onwards and catch the beetles plus every shark you find. You'll make a ton of money. :)

To save bells, plant rotten fruit, and remove the resulting sapling instead of just disposing the fruit.

To save bells, plant rotten fruit, and remove the resulting sapling instead of just disposing the fruit.

You can just buy a trash can.

Also a realy good way to make bells is the island at night. if you go to your own island fill the box with stags that are worth a lot then go back and sell it at retail( make sure you have night owl ordinance ) then go back to island and repeat. I mad almost 400,000 bells in one night.

Besides using the island I had used perfect fruit. In one day I made about 12m bells. But it took a while to sell all of the fruit. :p

Catching bugs/fish on the island is definitely the way to go, unless you want to duplicate all of your money.

Catching bugs/fish on the island is definitely the way to go, unless you want to duplicate all of your money.
That sounds like a really good idea (once I finally get animal crossing). I do not really want to duplicate my money, maybe once, but then the game is not really fun anymore.

That sounds like a really good idea (once I finally get animal crossing). I do not really want to duplicate my money, maybe once, but then the game is not really fun anymore.

dont dupe money then it will get boring. and it is cheating. then the game will not be very much fun if you can do every thing.

dont dupe money then it will get boring. and it is cheating. then the game will not be very much fun if you can do every thing.
But it is probably still fun when you can make your house however you want it and customize your house to the limit of your imagination!!! I probably think I will love animal crossing for a long time.

But it is probably still fun when you can make your house however you want it and customize your house to the limit of your imagination!!! I probably think I will love animal crossing for a long time.
I think 3dsatackman is right. It would get boring if it is not a challenge.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I sell perfect fruit at people's towns where the normal variation of the fruit is not native to their town and they have the Bell Boom/ Rich Town ordinance enacted! I get 255,000 Bells per pocketful!

Those are pretty nice tips, guys.
Thank you!

Back