What are your thoughts on feminists.

• Thread starter cloudmario666
  • Start date
Well, I was originally talking about actual, ill-willed attacking so I didn't know you meant just slaps or stuff like that :p
Slaps and smacks are ill-willed too, just that they aren't as intense.

How hard can a woman hit you? You're not made of glass. Most of the time you can barely feel it. Feel free to lose your temper and give her a shaking if you're especially upset, but it shouldn't turn into a beating.
I'm short tempered, bruise easily, and don't have that much muscle mass. I don't feel it, but it hurts :p

Optimally people should not hit each other. What Tatsu is likely talking about is in case a woman attacks a man, the man has the full right to defend himself and strike back, this, however, is seen by some people as bad for whatever reason .-. *cough*@P2.0*cough*@Marc*cough*
What you're saying doesn't make it right for a man to hit back a woman if she hits the man first. And a woman hitting a man isn't "right" while a man hitting a woman is "wrong".

Like @SunnyWindy said, neither should engage in violence.

A man could pin a woman to the ground if she is violent as @Spinnerweb mentioned in his post here.

Reactions: spagooti, P2.0 and 18
I'm just gonna point out now that not all women are frail twigs and not all men are Hercules.

It has happened many times here, dunnk about other countries, where women actually kill men barehanded, you underestimate how easy it is to kill someone else or otherwise cause heavy injury.

Self-preservation comes above other things, if someone attacks you, regardless of gender, you should defend yourself. You have more to lose than 19th century standards .-.

Reactions: MindzEye, spagooti and Slayerpon Tatsu
I know for a fact here that the females are actually stronger than most males

I'm just gonna point out now that not all women are frail twigs and not all men are Hercules.
Yeah, but you can't ignore the fact that males have higher testosterone levels than females. So its a biological thing as well.

I wonder where this thread is gonna end :p

Reactions: 28142
Yeah, but you can't ignore the fact that males have higher testosterone levels than females. So its a biological thing as well.

I wonder where this thread is gonna end :p
But remember that testosterone =//= physical strenght, that'd be muscle mass and the ability to move it, something that is not dictated by testosterone :p

But yes, I'd like this thread to end, it WILL leave a bad taste in most people's mouths, and it already has in some, regardless. Something else about feminism, pretty much no discussion will properly end well.

Reactions: spagooti and Slayerpon Tatsu
Inb4 giant biology fight

Reactions: spagooti
Inb4 giant biology fight
Humans are just animals with better connected brains. Fite me.

Humans are just animals with better connected brains. Fite me.
Humans have better connected brains but have horrible sense skills and survival skills

Reactions: 28142
But remember that testosterone =//= physical strenght, that'd be muscle mass and the ability to move it, something that is not dictated by testosterone :p
It makes bones stronger as well, which does dictate strength because a male can break a female's arm more easily.

I agree with you froyo, though. Not every man is Hercules and every women is frail ~o~ there are people in between, and there will always be :p

Stay on topic >.>

For the very same job I don't see how they wouldn't work the same amount of hours. We are comparing two persons of different sex doing the same exact job, so the risks and all should be the very same.

Moreover, I'm talking also about the salary for the get go, en entry payroll, not only raises. Moreover, as I stated earlier, extended leaves are paid by the government, not the company. Also take note that it's not full salary either, it's only a %. And, also take note that both genders, men are women, can take the full one year leave. They both are allowed to one month leave together, then the couple has to choose if the man or woman takes the rest of the year off. More often it's the woman who does it because, oh my gosh, the man earns more so it just makes more sense to have his salary covers the expenses.

And I'm sorry but women like to do womanly things? What is this even about?

Well, let's use doctors as an example. Female physicians and doctors earn less than their male counterparts. Why? Because women work less hours. Don't get mad at me, these guys did a study on it.

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/faculty/keith.chen/papers/GenderNPV_WorkingPaper.pdf

And by "womanly things" I was just trying to say that men and women make different choices. They make different career choices. Different but equal.

It makes bones stronger as well, which does dictate strength because a male can break a female's arm more easily.

I agree with you froyo, though. Not every man is Hercules and every women is frail ~o~ there are people in between, and there will always be :p

Stay on topic >.>
Bones do not dictate strength, muscle mass does. Strong bones only make it so that they aren't damaged as easily.

Also talking about @Cevil 's point: it is shown that me. usually ask for raises more often then women, and take less vacation days than women. There is a whole video I could link but I don't feel like it

Testosterone makes it easier for males to build muscle mass.

What I think feminism should be:

Man and Woman work the same amount of hours for the same job and get the same salary.

Each have the exact same constitutional rights

If women can hit men, men can hit women
I agree to that, except the last part.

Women can't hit men, men can't hit women.
From logic's standpoint, you didn't really disagree here since @Slayerpon Tatsu used a "If" in his sentence, so his sentence is the same as "either both can hit or men can and women can't or none of both", and your "none of both" is part of that :p
Though yeah, I'd agree more with the "none of both" part.

Pregnant women don't cost a dime to companies, government pays their salary during the one year off, not the company. The only thing that it costs to a company is the time it takes to find a replacement for one year, other than that, nothing.

At least, that's how it is here.
Not sure how it is everywhere but at least that's how the problem was described to me when I asked about why equal pay wasn't a thing already. But yeah, maybe the problem that was attempted to be described to me wasn't to pay her but rather having money out due to "losing" a worker (and most of the time not finding a replacement or not fast enough).

True. I just read an article about how women have a different type of mindset compared to men, which is why they get less pay than what a man would normally make. When a woman gets pregnant and just gets her baby, she can stay at home and still get paid, even if she is not even doing her job.

I don't want to push any form of politics into this, but many reasons why Women were never presidents was because of their mindset. There are certain hormones that make them emotionally unstable under a lot of pressure. Of course, not every woman gets unstable under a lot of pressure, but in normal circumstances, it is in our genes that women are more emotionally unstable. Men are more aggressive, which is why in terms of leaders, it has always been a man. Women can make more rational decisions because of their emotions though, and tend to make better decisions compared to men.

Again, not every woman is like this, or not every man is aggressive, but in terms of science, men have always been better at some things and women have always been better at some things also.
Let's suppose that the differences you mention are true for most people and that there are obviously excceptions as you said. For example, most women like literary jobs and most men like scientific jobs.
Ok, but then, don't you think that when a woman applies for a scientific job, she's part of the exception we were talking about?
Of course if a "literary woman" applied for a "scientific job", I'd understand she'd be paid less or even refused for the job since she doesn't fit at all, but this never happens; literary women apply to literary jobs and scientific people (women and men) apply to scientific jobs, so they should be paid the same.
Same for all your examples with generalities.

Reactions: spagooti and Slayerpon Tatsu
For everyone who still think that feminism is about women > men, please take two minutes to do some research about the definition of feminism because it's very frustrating when so many people are hating on feminism just because their friends don't like it and their friends don't like it because their friends friends don't like it. I'm pretty sure that if it was called 'equalism' that far less people would complain.

Saying that you're a feminist has become such a taboo lately (the internet didn't really make this any better), when I even mention feminism, people (sorry, but mostly guys) around me immediately start acting really immature as if they have to prove their masculinity. I've always kinda hated gender roles and I get so frustrated when I wear clothes from the male's section that people pretty much say that I shouldn't wear it because it's not feminine enough, like when did people assign genders to clothes? Why are guys still getting laughed at when they wear skinny jeans or make-up? It's ridiculous that the wage gap still exists (yes, it does) but I also think that the fact that women are more likely to keep their child after a divorce is also unfair, the mother isn't automatically the better parent. It would be so nice if people stopped assigning genders to certain things.

I also find it very weird that some women are against feminism, even though without it they would've never be able to vote or even to go to university. It's almost like they're saying that they don't want to have the same rights as men, but I think most of the women who are against feminism are afraid to get judged. It's so sad when (especially celebrities) try to wear as little clothes as possible to be appealing to men, as if their looks are their only quality. This is also why I really dislike fanservice in anime, games and other media, please stop objectifying women.

Many people seem to base their opinion on feminism on extremists/feminazis, and that's understandable in a way because those are the feminists that stand out, but pleaaase do some research before you start hating on feminism! It's not because a few feminists have gone a bit too far that every feminist is like that!

This speech by Emma Watson was really moving and powerful in my opinion, I really recommend you all to watch this because it's very insightful and well written:

Reactions: 18
From logic's standpoint, you didn't really disagree here since @Slayerpon Tatsu used a "If" in his sentence, so his sentence is the same as "either both can hit or men can and women can't or none of both", and your "none of both" is part of that :p
Though yeah, I'd agree more with the "none of both" part.

Not sure how it is everywhere but at least that's how the problem was described to me when I asked about why equal pay wasn't a thing already. But yeah, maybe the problem that was attempted to be described to me wasn't to pay her but rather having money out due to "losing" a worker (and most of the time not finding a replacement or not fast enough).

Let's suppose that the differences you mention are true for most people and that there are obviously excceptions as you said. For example, most women like literary jobs and most men like scientific jobs.
Ok, but then, don't you think that when a woman applies for a scientific job, she's part of the exception we were talking about?
Of course if a "literary woman" applied for a "scientific job", I'd understand she'd be paid less or even refused for the job since she doesn't fit at all, but this never happens; literary women apply to literary jobs and scientific people (women and men) apply to scientific jobs, so they should be paid the same.
Same for all your examples with generalities.
True. I have said that in my first post that if a Woman does a same job as a man, they should essentially get the same pay.

Surprisingly, female doctors get payed 50k less than what a Man makes. Essentially, they do the same job of making sure that a person is healthy, and that they do not have any issues mentally or physically.

A job is a task, meaning that no matter who does it, that task has to be achieved. Using that logic, an unequal pay makes no sense for either a man or a woman.

How we look at different issues also depend on where you live. Here in America, segregation is a huge issue, so I cannot say how other countries treat women or men. Stats say that 95 percent of countries are leaded by Men, so gender equality is quite a big issue in other parts of the world. There are various laws that protect women, but are not put into good use.

There are plenty of issues for women beside jobs, and people are well aware of these issues. I think the biggest problem to fixing all these issues are corruption. Until this is placed under control, I think gender equality will remain for quite a while.

I don't have a certain stance on politics, but both Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump will not help at all with gender equality. Hilary rigged the votes, Donald pays women less than men in his campaign. I honestly don't know when corruption will be put under control. My question is, will rebuilding another platform help gender equality, and will that platform (if it goes well) take an influence on other governments?

Surprisingly, female doctors get payed 50k less than what a Man makes. Essentially, they do the same job of making sure that a person is healthy, and that they do not have any issues mentally or physically.
That's a really bad example because there are so many different types of doctors.

This goes to all types of doctors. Not sure about surgeons, but I am including general care and specialized care.

There are very few women who are surgeons compared to men. So in terms of pay, I believe that they get a very similar amount compared to men.
So for all types of doctors, women get 50k less? That could just mean that a lot more men occupy higher paying fields.

Back