What characters do you want to see in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that it's surprising, I'm just saying don't put a lot of Mario characters in there to the extent it seems unnecessary. I'm not too annoyed with Rosalina's addition, I'm just saying don't make this a recurring trend for this game in the series
The Zelda series gets the second most amount of representation, right now they really only have one less character slot than the Mario series and that's only if Ganondorf isn't added in which he most likely will be.

I really want to play rosalina as weird as that sounds. Her attacks seem very light but powerful. Plus she gets to summon different color luma's with different moves. I think thats very cool.

I want MewTwo and Pokemon trainer with the ability to mega evolve his pokemon i also want mewtwo to be able to mega evolve i also want meta night

I would love to see a Tales series representative like Lloyd Irving (tales of symphonia) or Cr(l)ess Albane (Tales of Phantasia). If namco needed a representative then I'd rather them use a Tales of character or Klonoa. All is well if they stay away from pac-man being a possible playable character.

I haven't looked into the game that much so correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Also, I say kinda a lot, in case that bothers you

In the upcoming smash bros game, I'm pretty excited to see Mega Man and normally I don't care about final smashes but I kinda wanna see this.

If you ever played any kinda Mega Man X game, you know about the big robots that mega man can go into and use. So Id like to see mega man go into one of those and have the moving mechanic of foxes tank thingy (I haven't played star fox so I don't know what it is.)

Also, I'd like Shovel Knight to come up somewhere for this reason.
I've played the game once at a friends house and I'm buying it soon and I like the game. I think Nintendo does too because they showed it at E3 and had it for the Wii U and 3DS. I think they could make him into a character but that's not likely so if they would include him at all, it would be as an assist trophies.

Now I'm thinking ahead here so I don't think this would fit into this Smash Bros game but probably the next.
I want Simon from Castlevania to represent the classic character. It could totally work too, i mean,

B-whip attack
B sideways- the knife throwing thing (don't know what that's called)
B up- the axe thingy (don't know what that's called either)
B down- get creative I can't think of something right now

And all his A attack move could be cool whip things.
And you could make cool trophies like all of the items and cool assist trophies too!

I think it would work.

I also think Zero could work as a playable character. Like a Mega Man copy, kinda, I mean I honestly don't remember that much of Mega Man X, it was a little while ago.

Also, I'll leave you with something to think about. I wouldn't want him in the game but I thought it would be cool.

RYU from street fighter.

B-punch
B sideways- hadouken
B up- shouken
B down- that thing he does when he moves his leg on the ground and trips somone.

Thanks for reading. What do you want in the next or future games. Comment below!

Ok, let me repeat what I said once on another thread in the SSB section:
*ahem* Shovel Knight won't be in the game because:
1) His game was released on multiple platforms, and unlike some characters who have multiple platforms games (like Sonic), he didn't have a Nintendo-exclusive game (where characters like Snake in SSBB and Sonic did).
2) The character has no relation with Nintendo characters, or Nintendo. It wasn't made by Ninty too.
3) He wouldn't have a good moveset, or it would be too small to be featured in a SSB game.

As for Mega Man, I think Capcom also decided a bit of the moveset, nobody should forget that Capcom still holds the rights over the Mega Man franchise.

3) He wouldn't have a good moveset, or it would be too small to be featured in a SSB game.
Moveset potential is a terrible argument when discussing a character's chance of making it into Smash, you could make a working moveset for practically anything if you tried.

Moveset potential is a terrible argument when discussing a character's chance of making it into Smash, you could make a working moveset for practically anything if you tried.

No, moveset could be an argument, even if it's a small one. Do you imagine making a character with a repetitive moveset or with too few attacks ?

I think that Sakurai also thought about this when he chose and made the game's characters, so, yes, though it's a small argument, it should be taken in account. Also, it's good to make a moveset, but you need to be sure that it could fit the character.

No, moveset could be an argument, even if it's a small one. Do you imagine making a character with a repetitive moveset or with too few attacks ?
Who said it would be repetitive or lacking? You just need creativity, time, and effort.

Besides, bringing up the "argument" of movesets against a character like Shovel Knight is incredibly silly to begin with. Even with just the shovel you could make a moveset for him, but he also has those relics that he uses in his game, which could be his specials.

Who said it would be repetitive or lacking? You just need creativity, time, and effort.

Besides, bringing up the "argument" of movesets against a character like Shovel Knight is incredibly silly to begin with. Even with just the shovel you could make a moveset for him, but he also has those relics that he uses in his game, which could be his specials.

Yes (sorry, didn't know about those, never played the game), but again, see points 1) and 2)
He can't be in, because he has no relation with Nintendo (well, apart from being in a game published on Nintendo consoles) or a Nintendo character; and the game isn't Nintendo exclusive, because it's a cross-platform indie game.

Where Snake for example had an excuse: There was a Metal Gear Solid game that was only published on the GameCube. Same goes for Sonic, there was probably a Nintendo-exclusive Sonic game (the Sonic Advance series on the GBA, as an example)

So happy of the veterans and newcomers confirmed so far. :)Also,am I the only one who wants Professor Layton in the game? :(

Yes (sorry, didn't know about those, never played the game), but again, see points 1) and 2)
He can't be in, because he has no relation with Nintendo (well, apart from being in a game published on Nintendo consoles) or a Nintendo character; and the game isn't Nintendo exclusive, because it's a cross-platform indie game.

Where Snake for example had an excuse: There was a Metal Gear Solid game that was only published on the GameCube. Same goes for Sonic, there was probably a Nintendo-exclusive Sonic game (the Sonic Advance series on the GBA, as an example)
I wasn't saying Shovel Knight should be in; I actually agree with you on that end.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back