What do you name your Link?

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
I usually always use my real name but sometimes I'll use a name not suitable for children.

lol, I just name him link. Seeing link with my name is way too weird. So I just name him link. In my second file of a link between the worlds, I named him Shark :p, in my second file of ocarina of time I also named him Shark. But I never finished the second file tho.

I always call him Link. It just feels weird with a different name. I don't even like that theres an option to change the name. I guess I'm just boring but oh well.

Reactions: Mira
I sometimes name my character Lonk, but mostly I just name it Link.

I always call him Link. It just feels weird with a different name. I don't even like that theres an option to change the name. I guess I'm just boring but oh well.
Nah, you're not alone, but l try to change it and like it lol.

I always name him Link. It just looks weird if another name is for him. Link just fits perfectly. I also sometimes use my nickname (Mira) to name him. Finally, until l saw a video of someone who named their Link Milk. I think "Milk? What a funny name!" And it kinda fits him. Well, it fits Toon Link lol. But after l saw that video, l started to name him Cheese and started liking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kakea
When I first started playing I named him Zelda because i figured "Well he's the main character and he is the hero so of course it's his legend!" but to my lack of observation skills i had failed to notice the "Link's Awakening" in both the cartridge art and title screen. It had gone one since starting Phantom Hourglass and my best friend when on a huge rant as to why his name was link and not Zelda. Now I just name him Link.

I name him Link.

Not really all about pretending I'm the character in the game. Guess I'm not creative enough?

I always name him Link
Photobucket.gif

The first time when I ever played a Zelda game, I used my own name... And it felt so weird... and so wrong xD You just can't give Link a name that is actually just for girls...

Reactions: sashade7
I like to either name him Link or Lyle, that's my style. Although I change the spelling of Lyle with each new Link. Like Lyle, Liel, Liol, Lial, Lyol, Leyel, etc.

Mark or Link whatever I feel like on the day of replaying my favourite Zelda games.
Mark :)

I always name him Link to keep the essence of the game, sort of?

I always name Link, well Link. I don't like to put my name since it just doesn't feel right for me. I keep thinking that Link needs to have this mute and adventurous personality, and I don't have that. I gave Link my name when playing Phantom Hourglass, it just made the whole game awkward. So awkward that I deleted that save just to put Link's appropriate name.

The first time I play it's Link, second time I name him after various characters, people, randomness, or my pets.

Like Sasuke, Brutus, (my dog), Al (Alphonse because Ed is too short to be Link) my favorite was when I named him "......" it's like the characters just didn't know how to react or what to say.

Also my typical nickname doesn't fit Link, Arekusu.

When I get Majora's Mask I'll name him BEN.

My brother names Link after other Nintendo characters.

I usually used KA on every game until I played Twilight Princess, now I put in Link..Alternately I put LiNK in for the name for every other game I play where you can choose the name! :D

I'm the type of guy who is usually faithful to the protagonist's given name so I him his real name. Although there are times where I used my real name and less likely, a nickname. I think one time when I played The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, I had used a name a name that I think a Hylian would have. But now, I would always name Link "Link".

I name him Jacob or Link.

Link and only Link!
I think the name fits him really well and, after all of this time I've known the series, I doubt I'll ever change it.
I love this character and changing his name would be like playing with another char and not this hero.
But in other games I usually give characters names I think fit them, with no regard to the canonic ones unless I like them, my nickname, my second real name and in Shin Megami Tensei series I name all the mains "Akemi" because that one Akemi Nagajima from Digital Devil Story which started it all.

But when I'll start another playthrough of Majora's Mask 3D, I might name him BEN, because :p.

I have a tendency if changing the name that I call Link all the time, so I kiinda have a huge list of names for him. I used to just name him Chris (since thats the shortened version of my name), then I named him TWolf because ToxicWolf1132 didnt fit in some of the name slots for the game, and now I call him Toxic, since thats what most people call me when they say my username.

I just keep it as Link

I usually use my name on the first playthrough, and then something funny to see how it looks with the dialouges. XD
And I don't think calling him Link will let you comprehend the story better as in almost every Zelda. Link is normally you and how YOU beat the evil being who has threaten the world of Hyrule or what ever universe it its.

Back