What do you name your Link?

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
I simply name him Link, to be coherent with the story.
i always name him my nickname "jay".

Reactions: Kakea
In general I usually use my name in games. I feel that using the character's name doesn't make me blend into the story much. I love being able to choose my own name, and it's helped me connect with the games.

I always simply call him Link, and I if it's an option like in TP, I name Epona Epona. I just can't stand having different names for characters in games that have a lot of story. Plus, I hate it when I name my character something I think is cool at the time, and end up regretting it afterwards. My brother called his Link in Skyward Sword Om Nom, and I felt like punching the screen whenever there was dialogue that said his name. In Tri Force Heroes, he called his Sanic and made it nearly always wear the Ninja Gi, and once again, I wanted to kill him for it.

I use to use my name because I had no idea but I know now and I call him link now.

I called him Reece (my real name) I mean, it is meant to represent us so i called him my name :3

Either Link or Kevin. I always name Epona Marine or Blaze however

I think it is kinda weird to call him by any other name than link. In fact, If there are preset names for characters in any game I usually just leave it at that.

when I play legend of Zelda I have to use Link because since i'm a girl and link is never a girl I can't call him with my name so I have no choice but to just hope that at some point one of these days a legend of Zelda game would be a girl that you can play or even choose to be one so I can make myself a girl and name her my name so I can actually feel like it's me fighting monsters and what not in there but I can't for now and might never be able to at all.

Reactions: sashade7, Hayleia, Kakea and 1 other person
Link, because he's Link.

Glad BotW seems to be doing away with naming him, too.

And I called Epona in TP Epona, too.

I always name my Link 'Link'. If I miss a capital letter, like I name him link, I'll restart my game just to get the capital L. ^-^ If I make multiple save files I'll name him 'link' or 'LiNk' or some other variant.

pinkangeloflight said: "when I play legend of Zelda I have to use Link because since i'm a girl and link is never a girl I can't call him with my name so I have no choice but to just hope that at some point one of these days a legend of Zelda game would be a girl that you can play or even choose to be one so I can make myself a girl and name her my name so I can actually feel like it's me fighting monsters and what not in there but I can't for now and might never be able to at all."

Heh, I'd name him Zelda. It's not like that's a common mistake, or anything. :rotfl:

Last edited:
Link, because he's Link.

Glad BotW seems to be doing away with naming him, too.

And I called Epona in TP Epona, too.
I get you so well, but really if there was a game like it but with a girl link then and ONLY then would I give her my name since it's well it's a girl so might as well use it when that happens since I always use my name when I can in a game if there is a female character that can be used at the time

Well, my Link in Wind Waker is named Vicitini because of a running joke between my friends and me at the time. The one in Breath of the Wild is named...well...Link... mostly because you're unable to change his name because it would mess up all of the voice acting...

I always name him Link. I never did like the idea of playing the character Link but with a different name. But once in a while I might name him my actual name or I think one time I named him Dark Link or something like it but I perfer Link. Same way with my Pokemon. I never give them a Nickname, why well idk.

I also also like the Zelda Joke XD

I never name link or any of my Pokémon lol

I didnt know his name for a long time. I used to name him whatever i used as my name on my ds. I went through Dani, Rose, ShareBear (my aunts fault not mine, and once i even just called him Green.

Now that i know his name though i just call him Link. It keeps the story consistent that way.

I think in ocarina of time i called him my real name (to differentiate the save files) and in twilight princess. After that i just go with link because sometimes having my real name is cool , but when link is acting completely different to how i would act, it just feels weird for it to not be link.

My first save file in each game is usually just named Link, for the sake of the story and the feel. The other files I always mess around in. When I was younger I would call Link Stephen, after my brother, but as I got older I started naming him after other people I know.

The main name I remember is Jericho, back when I was really into DC comics, specifically the old Teen Titans stuff. I thought Jericho was a cool name and I liked that it wasn't too masculine, letting me better blend into the game. I'm still miffed that I can never use my real name for this game, at least until they make Link a women, but names like these are fun to find too.

Either Link or Lank cuz lol.

I always call him Link. I see Link as his own character, as opposed to some people seeing him as a blank slate putting themselves into his shoes. Even though Link is a silent protagonist, being the way he is, is his unique character. It makes him mysterious to me, yet, so heroic and interesting. He's his own character, not just an avatar for the player.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I always name my first profile after my name.
Then, on my second playthrough, I name it Link.
When I make a glitch profile (a profile where I try out random glitches and mess things up) I'll name it something stupid, like Epona, Ganondorf, or a swearword.

Back