What Do You Think Is The Worst Zelda Game?

• Thread starter Kevin Tejera
  • Start date
Everyone be hating on SkywardSword. And you guys are implying it's bad because of the motion controls? Well at least Nintendo tried something new. Furthermore, how the game is controlled has nothing to do with the motives of the game itself.

Motion controls can be a problem if you don't know how to do it right.
The flying? What's the motive behind that? They again tried something new, like the trains in Spirit Tracks.
The overworld having no interest. If you mean the Sky, it is just the same if not more than Twilight Princess or OoT. If you mean the Surface, I'm not sure your reasoning.

Well, don't blame Fi about your batteries. She is just warning you so if you're in a boss fight you don't loose power and maybe you didn't save and then you'd have to redo the temple.
Oh my, I'm getting off topic.
The Zelda I'd say is worst in my opinion is...none because they all have their pros and cons. But if I had to choose, I'd say Minish Cap.
I'm with you 100% percent, not counting the minish cap part, but i grew up with it and that's my problem not your's.

Twilight princess for the wii. The controls and port sucked compared to the gamecube one. The wii u version on the other hand is a whole diffrent story, I am gonna buy it for sure! That ammibo looks so cool! Along with much better graphics and better controls! I hope the controls are fixed and much better than the wiis and gamecubes
I'm sorry can someone explain why wii twilight princess is better than gamecube ASIDE from motion controls, besides they're better than skyward sword, but skyward sword's isn't that bad to begin with.

Zelda II: the adventure of Link?
Idk, it just doesn't call my attention as a Zelda game, I've tryed it, but I'm nowhere near trying to complete it, I mean, I think I passed through the first dungeon, but it's that as a Zelda game it isn't that interesting... For me at least.

I'm vastly uninterested in Tri-force heroes.
(yes dungeon crawling with friends is fun but I've no one I know to play it with.)

Reactions: Malladus, Blue Knight and Mikaya
People need to stop arguing and flipping out over zelda II, how about i just do this:
Pros and cons of each game
Vol 1-3
Zelda:
Pros: First game, most non-linear in series (lets you choose order of dungeons), 8 dungeons
Cons: No map, no in game help whatsoever (although there is a manual)

Zelda II:
Pros: Most innovative, plenty of content
Neutral: Most difficult game in series
Cons: Platforming

Zelda LttP:
Pros: Amazing graphics, giant overworld, some non-linearity, 9(?) dungeons
Cons: Some parts are very easy to get stuck on, some frustrating boss battles (Moldorm)

Ask for either:
Vol 4-6, Vol 7-9, Vol 10-12, Vol 13-15, Vol 16-18

I think Wind Waker is my least favorite. Especially because of the sailing part and I could get lost easily. I own the game but I never really plan to play more of it. Most of the other Zelda games I own I would rather play like the NES one. Sure I could get lost in LoZ for NES but at least there's no sailing.

Zelda 2 : the adventure of link the battles with even the normal enemies were hard

Hm, well not counting the CDi ones, I would personally say Triforce Heroes. It's fun mind you, but I much prefer Four Swords. With that being said, there isn't really a "true" worst Zelda game, as they're all pretty darn good.

..except Cdi. :p

My least favourite would have to be Zelda 2 by far.

I haven't played Triforce heroes, but it doesn't look that good.. Four Swords was okay, but Four Swords Adventures was much better.

The first 2 are the worst by far amongst the main-series games but Triforce heroes and four swords are not far behind.

How can the first two be the worst when it was the games that started it all. are you brain dead?
Good for their time but do not hold up imo.

Unlike say Super Mario Bros. which is still fun to this day, so is Kid Icarus.

Good for their time but do not hold up imo.

Unlike say Super Mario Bros. which is still fun to this day, so is Kid Icarus.
I'd say the first Zelda actually holds up pretty well, it's the second Zelda that hasn't aged so well. It's so different to the rest of the Zelda games which can turn a lot of people off, not to mention the harder difficult level. Personally I don't like it that much but I can respect it nonetheless.

Reactions: Mr. L
I'd say the first Zelda actually holds up pretty well, it's the second Zelda that hasn't aged so well. It's so different to the rest of the Zelda games which can turn a lot of people off, not to mention the harder difficult level. Personally I don't like it that much but I can respect it nonetheless.
Yeah true, I much prefer the 1st to the second, but it still just doesn't do it for me. I should play it again some time though, see if I like it a bit more.. I have a similar issue with Metroid 1 and II lmao.

It'd be pretty neat if they remade the first two Legend of Zelda games, that could be interesting and I'd most likely buy them.

Skyward Sword gets too much hate. I loved the game but I agree that the motion controls were forced down our throats. I always loved the idea of having the option to use motion controls. I love the Skyward Strike but I wish the rest of the combat wasn't motion orientated, the finishing strike most of all, just pressing A would have sufficed lol also having to calibrate it constantly took me out of the game. It has it's flaws but it is still an awesome game. I haven't played a Zelda game that I didn't love other than maybe Zelda II but they were experimenting lol so I gave em a pass for that.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Master Quest. So many things changed in that game from Ocarina of time. It's meant to be harder, so I couldn't even progress very far in dungeons. Sometimes I'd get the main item before the map or compass which was weird. The enemies were more challenging. I honestly just gave up after the 2nd dungeon. The rearrangement of dungeons is only for the most skilled of players to beat. :p

I'd say the worst is twilight princess wii (gamecube one rules so does HD) Because of how bad the controls are, The wii u and gamecube version i really like control wise though but the wii one is just horrible controls, Besides that, Its all mirrored! I was really confused and died a lot because it was mirrored, Since i was used to gamecube version and have 100% the gamecube one i didn't expect everything mirrored.

These games! Link: The Faces of Evil,
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Those voice acting and animation is horrible!
2b289dce022f256192d97ffa2f0d4a9f.gif

tumblr_lwpm1cXjYP1r8m9tgo1_250.gif

Reactions: GFox247
no they're amazing

Reactions: Valkyri
CD-i are obviously he worst ones. The cutscenes are pretty hilarious (and scary.) I guess those wouldn't count because they're not made by Nintendo?

I have only played like 3 or 4 Zelda games, one of which was Skyward Sword, and I never finished it. The dungeons were boring and tedious to me. I had fun exploring the areas, I spent a lot of time in Skyloft throwing the Remlits off cliffs and also flying to the islands and doing the random side quests there. I basically did everything except the actual story.... Got to Lanryu Temple thing or whatever it is, and then that's where I stopped.

But one thing I don't get, why does everyone hate the motion controls? They worked fine for me. I mean I'd have to re configure it every once in a while but it wasn't that bad.
Although getting a message every time you got an old Amber was ANNOYING.

I guess that means Skyward Sword was my least favorite because I didn't even make the effort to finish it. It was still good but not nearly as much as the others.

Reactions: GFox247
You only get a message for items every time you came back after turning the console on again but yeah that got annoying. half the time the motion controls didn't work for me, especially the thrust and upward strike against The Imprisoned but other than that, I really enjoyed Skyward Sword. I love the Loftwing just as much as I love Epona.

You only get a message for items every time you came back after turning the console on again but yeah that got annoying. half the time the motion controls didn't work for me, especially the thrust and upward strike against The Imprisoned but other than that, I really enjoyed Skyward Sword. I love the Loftwing just as much as I love Epona.
I guess that's true but eh. I didn't get to the Imprisoned. The game isn't worth completing for me because it's been spoiled and the gameplay isn't really too fun for me. Also I think that Epona has a better design and is more useful, but Loftwings were a fun, good feature

Back