What is your favorite and least favorite Zelda boss?

• Thread starter linkof24
  • Start date
linkof24

linkof24

Hero of Hyrule
Towns Folk
Hey guys! What is your favorite and least favorite Zelda boss. Make sure you include what game it is from! My favorite has to be Bongo Bongo from Ocarina of Time. I love how long it is and how focused you have to be to get everything right. My least favorite is probably any of the bosses from the original game. I understand that the game couldn't handle better bosses, but still, there are many enemies harder than them, so why make the bosses so weak? Let me know what your favorite and least favorite boss is!

My favorite boss may possibly be Koloktos from Skyward Sword. The battle theme is epic and I love being able to have Link swing the huge sword in the second phase of the battle

first off my favorite boss is
twinrova frim ocarina of time.
i love the mirror shield, and thats te only place you really get to use it. and that boss had me on the edge of my seat. oh and i really liked it because youre casting their spells back at them and its always fun to hit enemies with their own attacks.

my least favorite is the blob in the water temple in ocarina of time (i just hate the water temple in general) and the monater with the four faces in oracle of ages the one you had to throw bombs in at the right time to hurt.

i dislike these both because there was no skill involve really. it wa all timing. i guess you could call that skill. but the battles were bland and boring.

i love the mirror shield, and thats te only place you really get to use it. and that boss had me on the edge of my seat. oh and i really liked it because youre casting their spells back at them and its always fun to hit enemies with their own attacks.

my least favorite is the blob in the water temple in ocarina of time (i just hate the water temple in general) and the monater with the four faces in oracle of ages the one you had to throw bombs in at the right time to hurt.

i dislike these both because there was no skill involve really. it wa all timing. i guess you could call that skill. but the battles were bland and boring.
the blob in the water temple? Do you mean Morpha? Yeah, I agree, not much skill other than moving around and using the hookshot at the right time :p

yea morpha i completely forgot it name. its just a bad boss i dislike it. that temple also is so complex its bad. youll spend hours running around in circles really

yea morpha i completely forgot it name. its just a bad boss i dislike it. that temple also is so complex its bad. youll spend hours running around in circles really
Yeah, and it can get to the extent that you need to look up a strategy guide to figure out how to beat the temple :p Definitely one of the more confusing temples for sure

yeah it was too confusing. and since its a 3d scale game, you cant see overhead to find paths, you technically only sees what link sees so that makes it harder and more confusing

yeah it was too confusing. and since its a 3d scale game, you cant see overhead to find paths, you technically only sees what link sees so that makes it harder and more confusing
yeah, although it's more realistic in that way if you think about it. At least there aren't that many annoying bosses in the later 3D Zelda games

For your dislikes, their names are Morpha(which you found out from naagza) and Head Thwomp (yes Thwomp like the Mario enemy).

Anyways, bosses I like.... hmmmm I am not sure, I suppose I could say I liked Twinmold from Majora's Mask since you can become a giant to fight them, Molgera from Wind Waker since it was just a cool boss, Argorok from Twilight Princess since was cool too even if the fight was so short, or Koloktos from Skyward Sword since it is an amazing boss fight since you can rip off his arms and use the huge sword against him.

As for my dislikes, I hated Moldorm from A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening since if he knocks you off the stage you fight him on you will have to restart the fight, Evil Eagle from Link's Awakening for the same reason as Moldorm, Stagnox or Phytops from Spirit Tracks since they are such short fights if you know what you are doing and it isn't hard to figure out.

I think that is all. :)

For your dislikes, their names are Morpha(which you found out from naagza) and Head Thwomp (yes Thwomp like the Mario enemy).

Anyways, bosses I like.... hmmmm I am not sure, I suppose I could say I liked Twinmold from Majora's Mask since you can become a giant to fight them, Molgera from Wind Waker since it was just a cool boss, Argorok from Twilight Princess since was cool too even if the fight was so short, or Koloktos from Skyward Sword since it is an amazing boss fight since you can rip off his arms and use the huge sword against him.

As for my dislikes, I hated Moldorm from A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening since if he knocks you off the stage you fight him on you will have to restart the fight, Evil Eagle from Link's Awakening for the same reason as Moldorm, Stagnox or Phytops from Spirit Tracks since they are such short fights if you know what you are doing and it isn't hard to figure out.

I think that is all. :)
Yeah, Koloktos was a really fun boss fight. The theme was epic and the battle was really creative and well done. They need more battles like that in the 3D Zelda games haha

Yeah, Koloktos was a really fun boss fight. The theme was epic and the battle was really creative and well done. They need more battles like that in the 3D Zelda games haha
I wonder how the Wii U Legend of Zelda game will be. It will probably be easier to use items and maybe the menu screen or something will be on the game pad.

In my opinion, I think the Imprisoned fights should have been better. It feels a bit boring just attacking his toes then hammering the spike into his head 3 times in a row.

I wonder how the Wii U Legend of Zelda game will be. It will probably be easier to use items and maybe the menu screen or something will be on the game pad.

In my opinion, I think the Imprisoned fights should have been better. It feels a bit boring just attacking his toes then hammering the spike into his head 3 times in a row.
Yeah, I think the Zelda HD Tech Demo indicated that they could do it that way. It'd be pretty nice to have it that way because it'd allow for a more immersive experience

and yeah, I can understand the complaint. At least they made the battle harder each time to make things relatively interesting

Yeah, I think the Zelda HD Tech Demo indicated that they could do it that way. It'd be pretty nice to have it that way because it'd allow for a more immersive experience

and yeah, I can understand the complaint. At least they made the battle harder each time to make things relatively interesting
Have you played the Zelda Wii U HD Tech Demo? I do wonder on how it would play on the Game Pad though if they do something like that.

At first, each subsequent fight with him was harder but after a while it became way too easy once you find out you can put in the spike without knocking him to the ground.

Have you played the Zelda Wii U HD Tech Demo? I do wonder on how it would play on the Game Pad though if they do something like that.

At first, each subsequent fight with him was harder but after a while it became way too easy once you find out you can put in the spike without knocking him to the ground.
I wasn't at E3 2012, so no. I have not played the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo. I've just seen a bunch of screenshots and gameplay footage of what it was like.

Yeah, I agree. It's only good for, say, the first playthrough against him.

I wasn't at E3 2012, so no. I have not played the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo. I've just seen a bunch of screenshots and gameplay footage of what it was like.

Yeah, I agree. It's only good for, say, the first playthrough against him.

Oh I see. I didn't know. What do you think on how the Wii U Legend of Zelda will play and what it will look like?

ATTACK THE TOES!!!! :p Anyways getting on his head is best if you are gonna do the Lanayru Lightning Challenge(or Boss Rush)

Oh I see. I didn't know. What do you think on how the Wii U Legend of Zelda will play and what it will look like?

ATTACK THE TOES!!!! :p Anyways getting on his head is best if you are gonna do the Lanayru Lightning Challenge(or Boss Rush)
You can't say too much about it given that a lot of it was just to show off the game-pad capability. You can see the videos for yourself on it, but the rest regarding how it could impact a Zelda game is mostly speculation.

As for the head strategy, yeah that works sometimes but there comes a point in the battle when it's smart enough to knock you down before you can strike the seal completely

I know that. I just wanted to know what you think on how it would be. :p

I know he sometimes knocks you off but it is usually when you are on him for too long.

I do have a question though. What is with Nintendo's thing for eyeballs?

I know that. I just wanted to know what you think on how it would be. :p

I know he sometimes knocks you off but it is usually when you are on him for too long.

I do have a question though. What is with Nintendo's thing for eyeballs?
oh ok. Well, I think that it could be like you suggested earlier with the menu and item selection stuff being on the gamepad. It could be a better version of the continuous gameplay thing that games like Assassin's Creed 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins have been trying to go for.

and yeah I know right xD Nintendo loves having eyeball enemies (not just in this game, Super Paper Mario had some eyeball enemies)

Ah I see. What do you mean continuous gameplay? I never played Assassin's Creed 4 or Batman: Arkham Origins.

Or they have enemies with their weakness that is their eyeballs. (I meant Nintendo made games in general) :p

Ah I see. What do you mean continuous gameplay? I never played Assassin's Creed 4 or Batman: Arkham Origins.

Or they have enemies with their weakness that is their eyeballs. (I meant Nintendo made games in general) :p
by continuous gameplay I mean that you're switching weapons on the go and it doesn't like pause the game when switching. Skyward Sword was a step in the right direction in that regard

Oh like that! Yeah, that too lol

Back