What is your favorite and least favorite Zelda boss?

• Thread starter linkof24
  • Start date
by continuous gameplay I mean that you're switching weapons on the go and it doesn't like pause the game when switching. Skyward Sword was a step in the right direction in that regard

Oh like that! Yeah, that too lol
Oh I see. Have you played Wind Waker HD or Ocarina of Time 3DS? I think they made both easier but I don't know.

Skyward Sword had the most bosses with an eyeball weakness. :p

Oh I see. Have you played Wind Waker HD or Ocarina of Time 3DS? I think they made both easier but I don't know.

Skyward Sword had the most bosses with an eyeball weakness. :p
I haven't played either sadly. And yeah, there are quite a few bosses in Skyward Sword with eyeball weaknesses aren't there (Moldarach, Scaldera, Tentalus, etc.)

Favorite? Probably the Nightmare from Links Awakening. It was relatively easy going back but it was well put together and had some nice forms referencing LTTP bosses.
Least favorite? Easily Bongo Bongo, it was just too easy! I mean heck, lock-on, a couple arrows and spam quick spin, he'll be dead in under 30 seconds. I know that my favorite like I said was relatively easy but at least it had variety.

Favorite? Probably the Nightmare from Links Awakening. It was relatively easy going back but it was well put together and had some nice forms referencing LTTP bosses.
Least favorite? Easily Bongo Bongo, it was just too easy! I mean heck, lock-on, a couple arrows and spam quick spin, he'll be dead in under 30 seconds. I know that my favorite like I said was relatively easy but at least it had variety.
yeah, Bongo Bongo and Morpha were among the easiest bosses in Ocarina of Time. All you had to do was Z-target and time shots correctly :p

I haven't played either sadly. And yeah, there are quite a few bosses in Skyward Sword with eyeball weaknesses aren't there (Moldarach, Scaldera, Tentalus, etc.)
Oh it's ok. I heard that they made the configuration easier to manage but I am not sure since I have never play either as well.
Yep there is but eh what are you gonna do. :p

Oh it's ok. I heard that they made the configuration easier to manage but I am not sure since I have never play either as well.
Yep there is but eh what are you gonna do. :p
Yeah, Nintendo has been getting smarter about making things easy lately. As for the eyeball thing, yeah I guess it's tradition for the eyeball to be the weakness for many bosses :p

Yeah, Nintendo has been getting smarter about making things easy lately. As for the eyeball thing, yeah I guess it's tradition for the eyeball to be the weakness for many bosses :p
It's not always a bad thing to make it easier. Sometimes there is a reason for it.

I suppose it is but it is still a bit weird in my opinion. :p

It's not always a bad thing to make it easier. Sometimes there is a reason for it.

I suppose it is but it is still a bit weird in my opinion. :p
yeah, I never said there's anything wrong with it being easier. It's a great thing if anything honestly.

Haha I suppose it's understandable to consider it weird

yeah, I never said there's anything wrong with it being easier. It's a great thing if anything honestly.

Haha I suppose it's understandable to consider it weird

It depends on the game you are playing, Sometimes it is a bad thing when it is and it takes away from the replayability of the game.

Another common thing I think are hands but I can be sure on that.

It depends on the game you are playing, Sometimes it is a bad thing when it is and it takes away from the replayability of the game.

Another common thing I think are hands but I can be sure on that.
Well convenience you can hardly go wrong with honestly. It allows for seamless gameplay

and yeah, hands are seen with a lot of Zelda bosses. For example there's Bongo Bongo

Well convenience you can hardly go wrong with honestly. It allows for seamless gameplay

and yeah, hands are seen with a lot of Zelda bosses. For example there's Bongo Bongo
I was talking about gameplay mechanics in general but I understand.

Yea and Mazaal, Gohdan, and maybe some others but I am not sure on them right now.

I was talking about gameplay mechanics in general but I understand.

Yea and Mazaal, Gohdan, and maybe some others but I am not sure on them right now.
Oh like that...yeah, sometimes gameplay mechanics making stuff easy can be annoying. That makes a lot more sense than what I thought you meant :D

Oh like that...yeah, sometimes gameplay mechanics making stuff easy can be annoying. That makes a lot more sense than what I thought you meant :D
Yea. Also I am sorry. I am not the best at wording things. Sometimes I short and to the point but I can do a rant over a topic if I know the topic well.

Yea. Also I am sorry. I am not the best at wording things. Sometimes I short and to the point but I can do a rant over a topic if I know the topic well.
It happens to even the best of us I'm sure haha In any case, with regards to the original topic I think the worst bosses were among some of the original Zelda games where they were really similar to the regular monsters

It happens to even the best of us I'm sure haha In any case, with regards to the original topic I think the worst bosses were among some of the original Zelda games where they were really similar to the regular monsters
Try fighting the bosses from the original Legend of Zelda in Oracle of Seasons. They are interesting fights. Gleeok turns into a skeleton for his second phase. :p

yeah theres at least 5 different bosses in just Zelda games alone that have something to do with eyeballs

Try fighting the bosses from the original Legend of Zelda in Oracle of Seasons. They are interesting fights. Gleeok turns into a skeleton for his second phase. :p
Gleeok is that two-headed dragon thing right? I think he also appears in Phantom Hourglass as a boss....if so, kinda weird that you've got two Gleeoks in probably two very far locations lol

I wasn't at E3 2012, so no. I have not played the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo. I've just seen a bunch of screenshots and gameplay footage of what it was like.

Yeah, I agree. It's only good for, say, the first playthrough against him.
Sorry to double post, but apparently I can't edit my last comment to add this....I got the E3 convention date wrong as it turns out. It was E3 2011, not E3 2012

my favorite zelda boss battle would be defenitly Argorok and Stallord from twilight princess the battle theme was epic and the whole battle with the two have a great atmosphere.
my least favrite is the battle with Morpha on the water temple in ocarina of time the battle was just plain lame and easy even in the master quest !

my favorite zelda boss battle would be defenitly Argorok and Stallord from twilight princess the battle theme was epic and the whole battle with the two have a great atmosphere.
my least favrite is the battle with Morpha on the water temple in ocarina of time the battle was just plain lame and easy even in the master quest !
Fun fact: Stallord battle theme from Twilight Princess is actually a remix of sections of the King Dodongo battle theme from Ocarina Time. So indirectly you like the King Dodongo theme :p

Back