What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I could always say the original red and blue pokemon games, however I would be lying. I do love them, don't get me wrong, but I have to say I really enjoy X/Y, as well as Sun and Moon. I love the customization of the characters, as well as the game play. I always played through every Pokemon game, garnered many pokemon and have a vast collection in my Pokemon Bank, however I enjoy the new versions of the game play. I also am looking forward to the switch version, as well as Let's Go games.

My favorite Pokemon game that I've played is Pokemon Diamond. It introduced snow, a real-time clock thanks to the Nintendo DS (day/night), the GTS, Wi-Fi battles, and of course, the storyline was good.

I've played a couple of Mystery Dungeon games but I'm not a fan.

What is your favorite Pokemon game?
i feel like oras is under rated

I don't think it is @latiosx10. While ORAS are not bad games, the originals are so much better.

It's quite difficult to pick a single favourite game, considering every single one I've played (a lot of them!) has amazed me. That being said: Pokémon Platinum. Platinum took everything that was great about the original generation IV games and added just the right twist (although not as much as it could have added) to make it the Pokémon "definitive addition." Between Platinum and the remakes Heartgold and Soulsilver, generation IV is the Pokémon games at their strongest.

I think Ultra Moon is a pretty good game! I've clocked over 700 hours. Battling online and trading with other players is a really interesting thing, especially since I've only played Red&Blue where there was no such thing as that!

Ultra Sun is an awesome game. I have so many hours in and its so fun to shiny hunt! I also really enjoyed Pokemon Platinum. It was a unique and fun game. I like the original games too because well they're original. But my most favorite is Ultra Sun. Great story, Pokemon, music, and everything.

my favorite pokemon game is ultra moon.
as i like its cast , music and the new pokemon , i can not get enough of the tapu music and ultra necrozma music.
i like how simple breeding is in the game , as right now i am breeding and hatching eggs while i am grinding in seisou no amazones for 3ds while watching youtube videos and grinding in azur lane.
i like shiny hunting as well in the sun and moon games , right now i am shiny hunting for eevee.

my favorite pokemon game is ultra moon.
as i like its cast , music and the new pokemon , i can not get enough of the tapu music and ultra necrozma music.
i like how simple breeding is in the game , as right now i am breeding and hatching eggs while i am grinding in seisou no amazones for 3ds while watching youtube videos and grinding in azur lane.
i like shiny hunting as well in the sun and moon games , right now i am shiny hunting for eevee.
Ah, Shiny Eevee hunting eh? I approve of that and I wish you luck! :p

If I had to say one, I'd say it was Platinum.
It had good gameplay and some of my favourite pokemon were in this generation.
I would say that Black and White had even better gameplay, but I hated a lot of the pokemon from that generation so I can't say it's my favourite.
I've played through the first, second and third pokemon generations so many times that I don't enjoy them anymore. They also didn't have the best of story's.

Crystal is currently my favorite, but bear in mind that I've never played Gen 3 thru Gen 6. Sooo...

Don’t hate me for this, but I’ve only played like two or three different Pokémon games in my lifetime. If I had to pick from those, I’d say Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Felt like it had a good story, balanced, and never got boring. (Although, I only played it for a few hours, lol)

Reactions: Kadaj
@Samster meh the original is better.

Pokemon Y, first Pokemon game I ever got, love it to this day!

Pokemon ultra sun and ultra moon, they seemed pointless to make to me, like they could have been a dlc story add on that wasn’t needed

i dont know about anyone else but i love the pokepark games and conquest
as for the main series, my favourites are black and white 1 y 2, best gen in most aspects

Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

Pokemon omega ruby because it was my first pokemon game i played through, and what brought me to the forums

Pokémon Silver but Pokémon Pearl is a close second

Pokémon Crystal, because it was the first game I had although Pokémon Pearl was really cool too

Pokémon Sword

Back