What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

• Thread starter Ozga
  • Start date
I must say I've felt nostalgia for gen4 lately. The musics, the various towns and cities, the story...

Johto is a personal favorite of mine. The pokemon introduced, the overall music, it's just nice overall. :D

Reactions: Alegria and Pandaxclone2
Kanto, specifically Gen 3. Nothing can beat Fire Red and Leaf Green. They perfected the originals. Doesnt get any better than that.

I like alola it's in pokemon sun and moon

Kanto was always my favorite but I also love Kalos region. The pokemon there were always amazing. I love the starters too.

Hmmmm... I can't decide. Johto or Kanto? I guess I don't even have to decide, since Heartgold and Soulsilver have them both!
Sinnoh holds a special place in my heart as well. I've never visited Kalos but that seems to be a popular choice so maybe someday I will!

I really like Hoenn region. I never played the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I did play Alpha Sapphire and really enjoyed it. I really like the Gen 3 Pokémon designs, and just the region in general! I really like the starters, especially Treecko, and the music! It is a great region overall! :D

I also like Johto for the same reasons!

I really enjoyed Gen 2 for some weird reason. Probably because some of my favorite Pokemon are there! Such as Espeon, Umbreon, Totodile line, Celebi, Girafarig, and others!

I also am a big fan of gen 4. Not my favorite Pokemon-wise, but more story wise. I loved Platinum's plot, and the Distortion World was amazing! Gen 4 remakes and Gen 2 re-remakes, now!

Definitely Hoenn, first game I played to completion!

its either sinnoh or unova
sinnoh because i have a lot of good memories of gen 4 and for me its a interesting region I still remember when i decided to give a look to some areas that were unexplored when I defeated the champion...
and unova because overrall gen 5 is my favourite

hoenn had the battle frontier in emerald, but that is not enough , because there is a lot of water , and the infinite random encounters were very annoying

sinnoh is my favorite region as that was when i really got into pokemon gaming , breeding and even shiny hunting on the gts.
i loved sinnoh region music and the new pokemon evolutions and the new pokemon in this region.
i liked that having a pokemon gameboy advance game inside the ds enabled more pokemon to appear in the wild in some places.
i did not like how slow hatching eggs was in the diamond and pearl and platinum games , but i enjoyed breeding then and i still do now. ev training in platinum was fun for me as i liked seeing a level 50 or higher pokemon gain over 20 in a stat from leveling up from only fighting one pokemon.

Ooh Sinnoh was a really fun fun region. I loved Leafeon and Glaceon and all the legendaries.

Alola is my favorite, currently.

Alola is my favorite, currently.
Currently? So you think the next region is gonna be better? I hope so lol.

Despite not having sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon, I would probably have to say Alola, because of it's unique battle techniques, being instead of gyms, there are totem Pokemon and island kahunas.

I liked Kanto because Pokemon X was my very first Pokémon game that I’ve ever played and my favorite Pokémon from X and Y has to be any one of the three evolutions of Fennekin. But if I absolutely HAD to pick one I think it would be Delphox because (yes, I know Greninja beats Delphox in type advantages in every way) I won a lot of battles with him at the time not only offline, but also online. He was also the most powerful of the three. Now I bet I know what you’re thinking (not literally, so don’t worry): why did you pick a fire starter instead of the other two starters? Because I thought at the time since fire can burn practically anything, it was the most OP type since it can only be put out by sand and water (this was when I was just getting started on Pokémon and I didn’t know most of the types let alone all of the type advantages and disadvantages), so logically this all makes sense (or at least it did in my noobie Pokémon brain), and I chose Fennekin. And guess what; my first Fennekin (you won’t believe this) was a shiny. Now being the noobie Pokémon person I was, I thought my game was corrupted or something and I deleted my save file and started over. I didn’t find out until about 2 years later that it was a rare shiny and I thought “DANG IT!!! SHOULDA NOT DELETED THAT”. But I also didn’t pick the other two because I looked up the evolution (I only knew about these from PTCG) pics and in my opinion at the time somehow Fennekin just looked like he had the most potential (and yes SOMEHOW OVER Greninja) out of the three. And this was the debate (me vs. me) I had when I was younger that got me into Pokémon, and that whole shiny kept me playing until I got another shiny. Just in USUM I got a shiny (I don’t remember the name of it; haven’t played Pokémon in a while and USUM was one of my least favorite Pokémon games), in Let’s Go I got a shiny rattatta (the first one I encountered, ironically enough. De ja vu, right? I learned from my mistakes and learned that it wasn’t a corruption. It was all just a glitch- just kidding.), and I recently got a new save file on X and my first wonder trade I got a lvl 100 shiny Articuno (that Articuno isn’t very useful rn UGHHHHH... but anyway what IS this luck????), and when all of that’s put together, it easily made Kalos my favorite region, ALL because of luck.

My favorite region is definitely Unova! Two of my favorite gym leaders, Burgh and Clay, are in Unova. Plus, one of my all time favorite Pokémon, Meloetta, was introduced in Unova! Chandelure too. I really liked the settings and music, and I thought the musicals and other little side things were great! Plus my current favorite character, Colress, was introduced in Unova so that's another reason why I like Unova so much, and just Gen 5 as a whole.

Reactions: EMDestroys
Draw between Alola , Unova , Johnto and Sinnoh since my favourite pokemon are in those regions

I have an awkward history with it game-wise, but my favorite region in general will always be Johto. Something about it just made me want to live there!

Johto

Back