What is your favorite region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos?

• Thread starter Ozga
  • Start date
I love hoenn I'm not saying the others are bad I love them all but in my opinion Ruby Sapphire, and emerald were great games they brought us a lot of popular Pokémon and was the first Pokémon and the only game on GBA and Gamefreak made the game very well And than on the 3DS they made a remake of it with online unlimited TM use Secret bases. So overall it was an amazing Game.

Reactions: Alegria
I like Unova. Good pokémon designs (and i have nothing against vanilite) and story and Entralink.

Reactions: Mr. Lapiz
Do you know the absolute location of your city? There are a few ways to find your own absolute location. Do you have a GPS (Global Positioning System) at home? Most GPS receivers will show latitude and longitude of any location. Do an internet search using the key words "find latitude longitude" and use one of the sites to find your absolute location and record it. You will refer back to it later.

Earlier in the section you wrote down how your best friend would travel to your house. Did you happen to use phrases such as, "two blocks from the stop sign" or "east of the freeway"? Directions such as these identify where you are in relation to something else, otherwise known as relative location. This is helpful when providing directions to others, or when attempting to become familiar with a new place.

America ( pokemon go :cool:)

Orre.

Okay, real talk though, Orre (region of the gamecube games) is legit my favourite region. The entire concept of a region too polluted to host any wild Pokemon life. Towns that actually have reputations among other town members. Double battles as default. The lack of a traditional gym system. The overall atmosphere of each location and the region itself. The snag machine and the idea of Shadow Pokemon - even if it is edgy. The storytelling. The A E S T H E T I C . How goddamn ruthless Ardos was. Really, the only things that beat it in the main series are music (Hoenn & Unova), characters (Unova & Alola), and mechanics (Johto, Hoenn and Alola). So I guess you could say Alola, Hoenn, and Unova are equally tied.

Reactions: Artisan
Hoenn, definitely so much nostalgia

I like Johto because of heartgold and soul silver. The game let's you have a follow Pokemon. The game had some of the best soundtracks in my opinion. The game is the only one in the entire series that had two regions in it one johto and Kanto. Then after finishing johto you go to Kanto and collect badges there fight the Pokemon league. Don't even get me started on the Red final boss fight that was epic.

The game had some of the best soundtracks in my opinion.
Yeah, and the Game Boy thing was awesome!

My favorite is probably Unova. It was the first game to be based off a western region, and they did an awesome job!

kanto it's my childhood starting as a player

Definitely Unova because it not only was my first game, but also because it is host to Reshiram, one of my favorite Pokemon.

My would be hoenn because it’s the first region I’ve ever played through and has my most favorite Pokémon ever(sceptile) also I’m pretty sure it’s the only game to have 2 different teams which is really cool and I just have tons of memories with that game

I totally imagine myself living in Johto or Unova.
I love many feodal japan style places, the nature, too, so I love Johto.
I love some places of Unova, and I'm particuliary found of the village bridge, not for its music or people, but just for the architechture.
I like Kanto only for nostalgy, I'm not found of Hoenn as a place, more of its people. I like Sinnoh a little, and I like some places in Kalos too. And I don't really like Alola.
I think if I should rank them, it would be:

1 : Johto
2: Unova
3: Kalos
4: Sinnoh
5: Kanto
6: Hoenn
7: Alola

I think I'm growing more attached to Alola, and other opinions did change so now it would be...

1 : Unova
2: Johto
3: Kalos
4: Sinnoh
5: Alola
6:Kanto
7:Hoenn

Kalos is by far my favorite region. The towns were beautiful and the Pokemon design were nice. Also professor sycamore is my favorite professor. :cool-pika:

Reactions: Mr. Lapiz and Alegria
Ugh this is so hard! Sinnoh was my first region I ever explored. It is quite legendary and has an epic mountain range right up through the middle. The Elite 4 and champion are legendary, and it's dotted with small islands and cool locations around the actual region. Then I went to Johto and it was ok... Same with Kanto. The fact that they are both on one game with the pokealthlon carries the day though for HGSS. Unova made me quit pokemon. Kalos brought me back, and had AmAzInG music and it was France and stuff oh man it was good. Alola is cool and pretty but hasn't quite kept my attention that much. Hoenn is a tropical mess in my book. Maybe it's because I have no idea ever where to go but dang do I get lost. And them water routes, like heck no my man. Plus there are some cool side series pokemon regions like Orre (Ore? Ohrre? Spellcheck me someone?). Just kidding Orre is basically just a desert.

tl;dr, Sinnoh wins because it's the only region with 6 letters instead of 5.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Alegria

My favorite is Hoenn.

Sinnoh, I'm so excited for a remake!!!!

My favorite is Hoenn.
My favorite is Kalos. I loved the story and it was the first game i got all the pokemon in all 721

I like Johto the most. I know it probably makes me a weeb but I liked all the japanese themed towns a lot!! I also really liked the music from the region. ^_^

I took a long break from Pokemon after gen one. I jumped back in at gen four . So the Sinnoh region left a great impact on me. I really liked the mountains and the random islands . Everything felt much more alive and then I saw advancements such as online trading and battling. Sinnoh also gave me the most trouble out of all the games I played so I will always remember it for that. Can't wait til the day they remake this gen.

Back