SSB for Wii U What SSB Wii U Character Would You Want to Have Removed?

• Thread starter cool9128
  • Start date
Reactions: Hayleia
If you had the choice of removing ANY one character from Smash Wii U, what would it be? (DLC is fine)
I would remove the character Bayonetta because apparently she is the most liked character right now(looking at the trends/tier list). She needs to be bought, and right now I don't feel like buying her(maybe if I get a gift card? :3) so no effect to me!!! I like being evil . I have to agree she is a good character and in my opinion, I would find things easier on online :p
Yep not the bad ones like Jigglypuff, but the good ones.
Though it's my opinion, so what do you think?
Eh i would probably want kirby removed all he really does is just take someone elses power and uses it as his own. And he is pretty short. I guess id also have shulk removed since i have no clue how to control him. DEEDEEDEE seems a bit heavy and slightly difficult for me to control. I guess that would be it for me and all but thats just it for now.

Eh i would probably want kirby removed all he really does is just take someone elses power and uses it as his own.
You know a character's moveset isn't limited to their neutral B, right?

I think that Dark Pit should have been removed, as he is a full blown clone character, with almost nothing differentiating him form regular Pit, with the exception of his forward special, which is only different in the direction of which it launches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Hayleia
Cloud.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Final Fantasy series, and I think Cloud is an excellent action game playable character, but him being in a Smash game just feels so...out of place.

For me, Lucina is the character that I want to be cut. First, she is exactly like Marth, you could say the same for Dark Pit but he at least has a ''different'' Side-B and Final Smash than Pit, Lucina just seems like a waste of development time because the only difference between her and Marth is that the stronger point of her sword is in the middle which, in my opinion, doesn't make a difference unlike Roy's sword which is in the bottom part of the sword. Masahiro Sakurai designed Lucina for beginners who wanted to play as Marth, but the problem that I have with that is that Marth is already an easy character to use unless you are into Competitive Play. The only thing I like about Lucina is that her alternate colors make her look like other girls from the FE Universe who I'd rather prefer any of them that this waste of time. I know that she, along with Dr.Mario and Dark Pit, was put really late into development but that barely changes my opinion on the character in Smash, because I do like her in Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Well, so everyone wants more of the "main course"(fighters). So Sakuri gave us more. Stop complaining.

Also

Lucina is more consistent because of such a subtle change, and consistency might be better for some players (higher highs and lower lows vs lower highs and higher lows).

Well, so everyone wants more of the "main course"(fighters). So Sakuri gave us more. Stop complaining.

Also

Lucina is more consistent because of such a subtle change, and consistency might be better for some players (higher highs and lower lows vs lower highs and higher lows).
Well, I know that Sakurai has already gave us more via DLC and I am happy for that, but what I am trying to say is that in terms of clones, Lucina seems to be the one with the least amount of effort put into and I would rather prefer for the team to make one semi clone instead of three clones that don't too many differences and that's also why I don't like many of the clones in Melee (because they feel more like reskins than alternate ways to play a character), even though I am happy that Dr. Mario came back. I would've accepted Lucina more if she had more differences or had a new moveset altogether.

I would remove Mr. Game and Watch. He's so weak, and there are a lot better character choices instead of him. That one slot could've been Waluigi.

Well, I know that Sakurai has already gave us more via DLC and I am happy for that, but what I am trying to say is that in terms of clones, Lucina seems to be the one with the least amount of effort put into and I would rather prefer for the team to make one semi clone instead of three clones that don't too many differences and that's also why I don't like many of the clones in Melee (because they feel more like reskins than alternate ways to play a character), even though I am happy that Dr. Mario came back. I would've accepted Lucina more if she had more differences or had a new moveset altogether.
No, he may have changed Lucina very little stat wise, but that changes their play styles.
Small change= big difference

Ness. Screw Ness.
Why ness? Who's your main?
(I swear, if you main rosalina and complain about ness...)

Also, if I were to remove a character, it'd have to be dark pit. He and pit are literally voted as the same character on the tier list. There are some annoying characters like cloud and bayonetta, but at least they're actual characters. I'll also add that cloud and bayonetta aren't too concerning as a ness main, so that's another reason for me wanting to keep them. Dark pit literally has the exact same moveset and properties. He doesn't have any different attributes or hitboxes.

No, he may have changed Lucina very little stat wise, but that changes their play styles.
Small change= big difference
Well, personally I don't really feel the difference in terms of playstyle, you may say that Lucina has different combos than Marth but that's not what I am judging here, what I am judging is the movesets and Lucina's differences are very lackluster.

Well, personally I don't really feel the difference in terms of playstyle, you may say that Lucina has different combos than Marth but that's not what I am judging here, what I am judging is the movesets and Lucina's differences are very lackluster.
That's on a casual level.

That's on a casual level.
Yes, and while I am half casual and half competitive, when it comes to characters, my first thought is ''what makes this character stand out among the cast'', you may want to view it on a competitive level, that's fine by me because you have your own opinions and I have mine, but I would still prefer Lucina to be cut or to be altered to make her stand out a little bit more.

Why ness? Who's your main?
(I swear, if you main rosalina and complain about ness...)
pk fire spam

There are plenty of ways you can avoid it. If you main a floaty character, short hop and airdodge, and retaliate with an up air or whatever aerial you want. If you're a fastfaller, shield dash into the projectile and grab ness.

There are plenty of ways you can avoid it. If you main a floaty character, short hop and airdodge, and retaliate with an up air or whatever aerial you want. If you're a fastfaller, shield dash into the projectile and grab ness.
It's not hard to counter, just annoying.

for my pick i honestly would have liked it if cloud wasnt in and instead we would have gotten a character for ether the final fantasy games that were on nintendo consoles a castlevania character or travis touchdown from no more heroes for anyone who is upset about bayonetta being in because of her being in a rated m game just as a reminder snake was also from a m rated series and also it seems bayonetta is now a nintendo exclusive series now so she fits well enough

Now that Smash Switch is announced, I'm going to answer this in terms of someone I wouldn't mind if they didn't return. You might think I'm crazy but does Falco really need to return? He's just Fox but blue. And his boots aren't made out of lead I guess. I think he could just be a reskin if they want to do that.

Now that Smash Switch is announced, I'm going to answer this in terms of someone I wouldn't mind if they didn't return. You might think I'm crazy but does Falco really need to return? He's just Fox but blue. And his boots aren't made out of lead I guess. I think he could just be a reskin if they want to do that.

Have you ever watched competitive smash? Their playstyles are super different and have different playerbases. Sure, they have similar attack animations, but the properties of their hitboxes make them very unique to one another.

Reactions: Duffy
Back