SSB for Wii U What SSB Wii U Character Would You Want to Have Removed?

• Thread starter cool9128
  • Start date
Have you ever watched competitive smash? Their playstyles are super different and have different playerbases. Sure, they have similar attack animations, but the properties of their hitboxes make them very unique to one another.
I understand every character plays different competitively. I answered the question based on what I would like as a casual player. Obviously if I were to do this from a competitive players point of view I would probably choose a different character, namely probably Bayonetta. But as a casual player I love the fact that I can play as Bayonetta, not so much for Falco.

Ah gotcha. Sorry if I over-reacted a bit. I'm a competitive player at heart, so phrases like "Dr. Mario is just Mario but throws pills" don't sit too well with me. I'd say if I had to think from a casual perspective, I would remove Lucina.

okay so if you are not going to nerf cloud you should get rid of him. im mean:
- buster sword is too good. he hits like a truco, is hard to escape, and the sword blocks a lot of attacks, the priority on it is absolutely cancer too
- i admit that limit was a fun idea, but it is like a weak final smash accept every thirty seconds... not only that but it can be used for recoveryrecovery too, which disrupts the meta heavily due to it's reliance on gimping
-speaking of the meta, why is there there such a big roster if everybody plays the same few characters. removing the top characters would bring the spirit of a party game back to an extremely conpetitive community

Either dr Mario or dark pit
One of the fire emblem characters
Everything else Is ok

Even though there's some characters that I dislike very much I wouldn't want to remove anyone. Instead I would just move a few that are too "cloney" for my liking and make them serve as alternate costumes. So Dark Pit would be an alternate costume of Pit, Lucina would be an alternate costume of Marth and such.

People argue that melee was full of clones and that there was no originality, but they all play super different at a tournament level. Smash 4 is the only one with a TRUE clone. So I say get dark pit outta here.

Dark pit. They could have made him an interesting character using any of the vast array of uprising weapons that arnt bows, but Nintendo took the lazy route and altered the bow physicsbut changed almost nothing else. A club or claws would make dark pit a completely different character, and that would reflect his personality of being pit, but the better one.

I'd remove Roy, assuming Lucina is put back into a costume. I really want Lyn as a representative of the GBA era, and since Lyn was kinda the first face of the first fire emblem in America, I feel she would better represent the franchise then Roy, who is pretty much only relevant because of Smash.

If I could take Corrin out and put in Azura though, I'd do that. We need characters who don't just only use swords. Hector over Lyn wouldn't be bad either, though I feel he kinda lacks the star power Lyn has, he's still popular, but Lyn is definitely more popular.

I'd get rid of Mario. We don't need basically Nintendo's Mascot in the game.

Bayonetta. She gets multiple combos that start by just winning neutral, she can witch time and get free KOs and her smash attack hitboxes are huge. I haven't even played a Bayonetta game so that shows how much she deserves representation. If there is one good matchup against Bayo much like Cloud is weak to Charizard then I'd like to hear it.

Yeah. Bayonetta is like way too overpowered. The hitboxes are insane!

I honestly never gave a single care about bayonetta tbh. I know people are gonna try to call my bluff here, but I am not bluffing when I say that I've never been 0 to death'ed by bayo. Never. Ever. I've def felt the stupid strings before but they never started at 0. Real talk, learn to sdi, take advantage of her slow framedata, and take advantage of all the landing lag she gets from missing her combos while using 2+ specials. I am in no way suggesting that she's not fundamentally broken, because she is. But you gotta make the best of a bad situation.

Bayonetta. She was WAY too OP when she was first released, and she just isn’t an interest of mine in general. They should have added in an awesome character, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Tails, but nooooooo. Let’s add Bayonetta, who’s quite possibly the dumbest character in existence! :/

Bayonetta. She was WAY too OP when she was first released, and she just isn’t an interest of mine in general. They should have added in an awesome character, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Tails, but nooooooo. Let’s add Bayonetta, who’s quite possibly the dumbest character in existence! :/
Yeah Bayonetta can do a 0 damage to death easily with her OP moves!

At least it's always possible to escape. Remember pre-patch bayonetta? So do I. Let's pretend we don't because that was a disaster. SDI didn't do anything so her combos were guaranteed.

To be fair, Bayo was the ballot winnet and is from a critically acclaimed series. I'm not a fan of her personally, but she was certainly deserving and imo a pretty cool Smash character, she just needs some balance, and that's looking up for Ultimate.

People did say that bayonetta has the most resemblance to her games than anyone else, but I haven't played the bayonetta games, so idk. It's probs a magical connection to the diehard bayonetta fans like captainzack.

To be fair, Bayo was the ballot winnet and is from a critically acclaimed series. I'm not a fan of her personally, but she was certainly deserving and imo a pretty cool Smash character, she just needs some balance, and that's looking up for Ultimate.
Watches the first smash ultimate tournament and sees a bayonetta 0 to death combo someone.
Hopefully they will fix it after that happened.

Well I mean that was on ridley to be fair. I'd assume that most other characters can pull combos like that on a character as big as him. Bayo's combos may have been unfair in sm4sh, but removing them in ultimate may be too much of a nerf, especially since the opponent can get out without sdi now.

Reactions: SmashChamp
Even though I love fire emblem I would like it if Roy was removed because marth already has a clone in the shape of Lucina and it isn't right that one character has more than clone (annoyed at myself because dark samus is one of my mains in smash ultimate so i am being completely oxymoron

Back