What was your first shiny?

• Thread starter DemiseofHope
  • Start date
I really don't care about shinies. But any shinies I had at the time were either the red Gyarados in HeartGold or any I happen to get in a trade (which was very rarely). In X, I manage to find one shiny Spinda in a swarm. It was the first shiny I found that wasn't naturally added in the game by myself.

Tyrogue

My first shiny Pokémon ever was my shiny Drilbur that I found in the cave at the beginning of Pokémon Black and White. I didn't even know what it was when I found it >.< I thought it was a graphics glitch in the game, and almost emailed Nintendo. (I checked Bulbapedia though :p)

Mine was a Golduck, I don't remember which game was, but probably emeral or fire red. Unfortunately, it was a rental pokemon, so I had to give it back :cry::cry::cry:

My first ever shiny pokemon was Ponyta and it looked really cool as it had those blue flames over it

Ok this may be hard to believe but when I first played platinum i found out about soft reset sooooo when Giritina attacked me i soft reset for about 3 weeks and it was shiny so I caught it and named it Miracle

A zubat in Pokemon Emerald at Shoal Cave, on Christmas.

My first shiny was Yamask in Pokemon White.

I caught mine on Pokemon silver. I dont exactly remember which one is the first because it was long time ago, but I caught 2 shinies: a Corsola and a Krabby. *-*

Not counting the Red Gyrados from Gold/Silver. My very first shiny was Staryu in Pokemon Emerald. My all time favorite shiny though. Is my Chandelure, that i evolved from a litwick that i received randomly through breeding.

In Pokemon Diamond, I was running in the grass above Oreburgh Town, and ran into a shiny machop. This was my first game and I wasn't very far in, so it was the very first machop I saw, and I thought all machine were golden.

I was playing my boyfriend's Pokemon Y and running around training my pokemon near Santalune City. I ran through a patch of grass and out popped a shiny Azurill! I was so excited because Azurill is my favorite water type Pokemon and I had just found an extremely rare version of it. I immediately caught him, named him Robert and proceeded to shower him with Pokepuffs before transferring him to my Pokemon X game.

Wismer. Just a few days ago, i was ev training and i found a shiny wismer! I was so happy to get my first shiny I started yelling at my brother to come look, even though he didn't. Ether way, still a great moment.

My first shiny was a pidgey lmao

What was your first shiny you ever encountered? Did you managed to capture it? My first shiny was a Venonat in FireRed and since I didn't know about shinies back then, I just thought it was some kind of glitch and decided to faint it. Only a couple years later I realised what I've done ;-;

In X and Y:My first shiny was being traded a Shiny Darkrai, which i still use as my main partner today. Hes an incredible partner that as long as I am using him in the lead, I never loose. The first shiny I encountered on my own was Shiny fletchling I think, and I immediately caught it. I trained him and leveled him up and evolved him all the way to level 100, and hes awesome.

Reactions: Livada
The furthest back I can remember to my first shiny was in Crystal. And no, it isn't the Red Gyarados. It was actually a Poliwag I had fished out of Ecruteak City's only pond. I remember being honestly confused as to it being shiny because it didn't seem to have any different in color to other Poliwags as far as I could tell.

Reactions: Livada
My first shiny was in SoulSilver, Cyndaquil was a shiny and was happy because he was and still is my favorite. Not to mention I didn't have to soft reset to get him.

My second one was in XY, I ran into a shiny Zoroark while I was trying to complete the dex. I almost ran from it glad I checked through. However it was a pain to catch because of the fact my team would've fainted it. I managed to catch it and I named it after my dad because it was his birthday that day.

I remember getting some shinies by trade on my copy of Pokémon Diamond, so the first one I got was a shiny Deoxys from what I remember... At first, I thought it was an original shiny Pokémon, some time later I realized it was fake.

When I got Pokémon Soulsilver I encountered the first shiny Pokémon on my own. It was the Sudowoodo that was blocking the way on Route 36. Needless to say, I was utterly excited, not only for the fact that it was a shiny Pokémon, but because it wasn't a common one, I mean, I didn't find it on the tall grass.

My first shiny was in Pokémon Soulsilver, it was a shiny Krabby on the way to find Groudon, it was yellow and I didn't know why it looked different. I was so confused as to why it was a different colour to normal. I just caught it because I didn't want to let it go, I wanted to find out why it was that colour.

Reactions: Livada and Troy21
Back