Gen 1 What Will Happen to Missingno?

• Thread starter Bobcam7!
  • Start date
Nothing's definite until it happens, Robbie, we'll see.

It's true that nothing is definite, but it is very unlikely that they'll allow glitches through the Pokebank. Heck, I once made a Meloetta event replica in the days of BW pokegenning and tried transferring it last year via the Poke Transporter, and that app was savvy enough to know it was a fake. So I'm pretty sure glitches will be unlikely to fare better than a simple gen-mon.

And @Robbie, it is definitely possible to catch Missingno. in Yellow, just very very difficult to do so. You can stabilize Missingno. using the Mew Ditto glitch, and as for the bizzare walking NPCs phenomenon after catching you just have to use a Pokemon that can Fly/Dig if you're in an underground area to break away from it.

Last edited:
Most likely Missingno. will be forgotten forever. The same glitches are still there in the VC games. Some people claim Missingno. was also seen in X and Y however in that game what is shown from footage I've seen the shape isn't exactly the same and it's all one color. As much as I like Missingno. and as much as I'd like a meaningful story to acknowledge the thing's existence it probably will not be able to be transferred and I don't want to try transferring it.

I hope he's transferable, I doubt he will be though xP

I'd love nothing more then to feed him some pokepuffs and rub up aginst with warm, soft fur.... :hug:
Fur? He doesn't look all that furry to me.

Missingno just means missing number, and the trick makes it go farther then then 151. Wich is all far red blue gose. So all it is is extra data they left in there. So it's not actle pokemon just unused data they left in there. That and M block, and if they took in away they take the 99 item trick away too.

Reactions: Robbie
Missingno just means missing number, and the trick makes it go farther then then 151. Wich is all far red blue gose. So all it is is extra data they left in there. So it's not actle pokemon just unused data they left in there. That and M block, and if they took in away they take the 99 item trick away too.

It's not unused data so much as it is leftover data or scooped out data. If you have a look at index numbers for the Pokemon programmed in the game you can see that there are Missingno.'s littered all throughout the list, indicating at the least that Missingno. are the result of planned but scrapped Pokemon that where either never used again or re-implemented in Pokemon GSC.

It would be pretty rad if they made it so missingno/other placeholder glitchmon when transferred into Sun/Moon would always turn into a specific pokemon,

Fur? He doesn't look all that furry to me.
That's kinda the point xP

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3d, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3d, The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX, Pokemon Yellow (remake to origanol pokemon games), Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda Classic NES series, The Legend of Zelda Link's Adventure classic NES series, Final Fantasy Advance, Final Fantasy II Advance, Final Fantasy III Advance, Final Fantasy IV Advance, Final Fantasy V Advance, Final Fantasy VI Advance, The Legend of Zelda Link to the past GBA. I'm sorry, I have to agree with @Skyshaymin on this one.
are these all of the ones on virtual console with glitches?

ITS DED LOL

I want missingno, but they probably removed it. It IS one of the biggest glitches in the game, and they probably got rid of it. :(

@Lakeagle9 If you mean RBY VC, it's still in the game and hasn't been tampered with in any way. As for Sun and Moon, it's uncertain if it'll even be allowable for transfer or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

As everyone that bought the VC version may know by now that they didnt get ridof Mising No. Why would they? I dont know about you guys but those glitches are childhood memories for me and a lot of other kids in the 90s. These glitches are as iconic as Pikachu or Charizard. I think Gamefreak understood this and decided to keep tyem in.

Since missingno stands for missing number maybe if you transfer him to Pokemon bank he will become an actual Pokemon. Of course it probably wouldn't happen since missingno is a glitch. Oh yeah when pokebank first came out I managed to get some hacked pokemon through to gen 6

The real question is, will they change the Lavender Town music back?

@Bandana Boy Unlikely. How it was in the official international copies of Red and Blue is how it is now in the VC games. Besides which, what was "changed"? Do you mean the stereo tracks in Red/Green, some change in the pitch between japanese and international or something else?

As everyone that bought the VC version may know by now that they didnt get ridof Mising No. Why would they? I dont know about you guys but those glitches are childhood memories for me and a lot of other kids in the 90s. These glitches are as iconic as Pikachu or Charizard. I think Gamefreak understood this and decided to keep tyem in.
Exactly. Some people say it was just too much work to iron out the glitches, but I think they just acknowledged the fact that the glitches are an important part of the game.

@Bandana Boy Unlikely. How it was in the official international copies of Red and Blue is how it is now in the VC games. Besides which, what was "changed"? Do you mean the stereo tracks in Red/Green, some change in the pitch between japanese and international or something else?

Yes. Because the original audio was so high pitched that it drove some children to suicide.

Back