Gen 1 What Will Happen to Missingno?

• Thread starter Bobcam7!
  • Start date
Yes. Because the original audio was so high pitched that it drove some children to suicide.
That sounds like major BS.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Tis. It's a Creepy Pasta. Lavender Town's music sure is depressing, but children commuting suicide is as Homer Simson would say, grade A-Bull Plop.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and PersonSP
Yes. Because the original audio was so high pitched that it drove some children to suicide.

Tis. It's a Creepy Pasta. Lavender Town's music sure is depressing, but children commuting suicide is as Homer Simson would say, grade A-Bull Plop.

Like Bobcam said, it's a creepypasta story and like PersonSP said, it's a load of bull. There is a minute amount of truth to it but not to the extent of children commiting suicide over it.

Basically the way JPN Red and Green's music worked was that the MIDI was run through two channels, meaning if you put headphones on you would experience a binaural effect. What this means is that the since the music is the same and is being channeled through both headphones, it could theoretically create a unique noise inside your head as a result of vibrations, kinda like when you talk you sound fine but when you listen to a recording of yourself it sounds weird.

In children from ages 7-12, the worse this effect could do is give a migraine headache but nothing on the scale of making you want to commit suicide over.

Reactions: Bobcam7!
Like Bobcam said, it's a creepypasta story and like PersonSP said, it's a load of bull. There is a minute amount of truth to it but not to the extent of children commiting suicide over it.

Basically the way JPN Red and Green's music worked was that the MIDI was run through two channels, meaning if you put headphones on you would experience a binaural effect. What this means is that the since the music is the same and is being channeled through both headphones, it could theoretically create a unique noise inside your head as a result of vibrations, kinda like when you talk you sound fine but when you listen to a recording of yourself it sounds weird.

In children from ages 7-12, the worse this effect could do is give a migraine headache but nothing on the scale of making you want to commit suicide over.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional to begin with

I'm sure it wasn't intentional to begin with

As with most accidents it wasn't intentional, indeed. That's why in generation II it uses different music and in FRLG they toned it down a bit, although apparently the international releases of Red/Blue don't use this dual-channel feature.

I heard so many Creepypasta related stories about Lavender Town

I hope it comes, but I kinda doubt it. It seems like a very nice trick room pokemon, and it has a very wide moveset pool I believe. I really wonder how it'll go. I'm really hoping it becomes a Pokemon, and if it is, I think it would be NU or RU, but it would only really be viable on a trick room team.

I hope it comes, but I kinda doubt it. It seems like a very nice trick room pokemon, and it has a very wide moveset pool I believe. I really wonder how it'll go. I'm really hoping it becomes a Pokemon, and if it is, I think it would be NU or RU, but it would only really be viable on a trick room team.

I guess we'll have to wait and see

Reactions: SmashChamp
Id assume he's turn into a ditto. That happens when you transferred from generation 1 to 2,

Id assume he's turn into a ditto. That happens when you transferred from generation 1 to 2,

Only in Stadium 2. Missingno. otherwise appears as a whole slew of different Pokemon but can't be traded.

Only in Stadium 2. Missingno. otherwise appears as a whole slew of different Pokemon but can't be traded.

Thank you for the correction. Guess we have to wait and see.

I Hope He Returns He Is Awesome #BringMissingnoAndMBack!

Missingno has probably been long forgotten by the Pokémon team.

This is pro a bit late but the glitch known as missingno is still available after the games Pokemon red, yellow and blue are out. So to answer this question it's still available, all of the glitches in a matter of fact.

Back