Mario Kart What's the most annoying Item in any Mario Kart game?

• Thread starter Flipper
  • Start date
Do you know that when you have the thunder cloud it increases your speed by a small bit and ignores offtrack slowness like if you in the grass?

I didn't know that, I never noticed the changes when I raced with it one me. :sorry:

Well you learn something new everyday:)

Banana

Gotta vote for the Blue Shell. It shouldn't make the lead drop from first to somewhere near last or even last. Blue Shell, because the Thundercloud, while annoying only appeared in one game. The Blue Shell from rare item in the SNES to one of the most teeth-grinding weapons in recent games. Seriously, make the Blue Shell rare again, make it that only the last and second-to-last places get it, make it that it homes on the character in 1st place until the last second and not as soon as it launches and make it dodgeable... by any possible mean.

Gotta vote for the Blue Shell. It shouldn't make the lead drop from first to somewhere near last or even last. Blue Shell, because the Thundercloud, while annoying only appeared in one game. The Blue Shell from rare item in the SNES to one of the most teeth-grinding weapons in recent games. Seriously, make the Blue Shell rare again, make it that only the last and second-to-last places get it, make it that it homes on the character in 1st place until the last second and not as soon as it launches and make it dodgeable... by any possible mean.
I agree with nerfing it by making it easier to dodge and rarer too, it's really annoying and what's most annoying is how I never seem to get it yet everyone else gets one as soon as I reach first place!:mad: However, there is a way to dodge it, just use speed boosts from mushrooms right before it hits (when it stops above you) and you will dodge it, but despite that, it's incredibly OP! Why can't it just be as rare as the Thunder thing?

The most annoying item is probably also my favorite item, the infamous blue shell. It may be fun to throw the thing, but whoever you are throwing it at is not about to have a good time. It is probably going to ruin their race, or at the very least, it could put them ever so closer to that dreaded second place spot which they have worked so hard to avoid. Shame. XD

Welp, almost two years ago I said that lightning was the one that was the most annoying. Now, though, I'm gonna say the giant banana from Double Dash.

Jeez. Talk about totally annoying when you're just about to cross the finish line and your sister comes outta nowhere with one of those things and tosses it at you. And it lands right on your head. :mad:

Personally, since I love double dash. I must say I hate the triple red shell. For it becomes exclusive to The Red Koopa (Parakoopa? I don't remember.) And whenever I race they are always right behind me as I am about to finish first place and then I get nailed by three red shells in repeat succession. Flat up mean and annoying. :mad:

bullet bill! I used to love this power up, it always got me out of a jam but recently playing Mario kart Wii again and I'm starting to realize that the bullet bill is starting to go for me more often for some reason, once I was on mushroom gorge and I made the mushroom bounce part and one hit me right off the mushroom and I went to last place. ;~;

Hmmm..... I am for sure not fond of the Blue Shell But I am also not really liking the red shells either. Blue shells (obviously) are annoying when you ar first place. A cool way I figured out is to go down the hole right before it comes. Doing that will make the blue shell go right past you.

Red Shells are also annoying how that aim for you but I can avoid them by smashing into the wall right as its behind me.

For years, the *worst* item was blue shells. Blue shells, blue shells, blue shells. The ultimate upset. They were a huge pain in the butt.
These days in Mario Kart, however, blue shells have been severely nerfed. They don't incinerate your items like they used to, they're easier to avoid if you have a mushroom, and now that we have the super horn, well...
The most annoying item now is *lightning*. Lightning hits everyone, there's no warning, and there's no way to avoid it. Honestly, I would be okay with it if they nerfed lightning a little bit.
Anyway, a tip to make coins less annoying: if you're already holding a coin, the chances you'll get another coin are reduced. I'm not sure of the actual numbers, but it seems to work!

Giant Banana over how meta breaking it is in Double Dash. Yeah it was exclusive to the DK crew but on the DK mountain track it has 100% accuracy on the bridge just before the start again. I don't know how bad it is in tour but having inescapable options like that doesn't make sense when driving skill is key. Yeah the horn helps but it's not like you are going to get that every time.

I always hate the Blue Shell on top of the Lightning Bolt. It's like I'm in first place, and then boom, I get hit by an oncoming Blue Shell. Those are the two most annoying things in Mario Kart besides the red and green shells, cause the green ones ricochet and bounce off a wall and hit you one or more times causing you to get behind 5th or 6th place. Especially when this happens in Mirror Mode or 150cc in Mario Kart 7. Really ticks my gears (no pun intended)

Ahh I hate the blue shells. Those shells are the most annoying items in the game.

it has to be the blue shell hands down. the green shells are easily avoided. the red shell is easily countered. what about the blue shell? can it be avoided? no. can it be countered? yes but its easier to just give up at that point. when im aiming for 3 stars in a cup and i do everything perfect, the game hits me with a blue shell in the last possible second in the last race. its so frustrating. ive seen youtube videos to counter it with a banana but it hasnt worked so far. i jus cant seem to get the timing right

the ligthnigh, if a opponent uses a blue shell, there is still hope you will be able to avoid it some way, with the lighnigth, either you have a star or you will be hit

Lightning, because someone in last place determines your fate. You absolutely depend on the person in last place not target-shocking (using lightning while you are over a pit or in a glide/cannon in Mario Kart 7 & 8) you to place well, which is why dodging it is so critical. Particularly in games like Mario Kart Wii.

Lightning if you are making a jump .... -______-

Otherwise lightning doesn’t bother me since it affects almost everyone else (I say almost since the user obviously and anyone with a star are immune). So in that instance, it’s the blue shell.

A red shell would definitely be in there for me. I'm just drifting all over and cruising along, almost daydreaming even, when BANG! I get horribly ripped out of whatever flow I was in because of an annoying red shell.

I also think that the Bananas are annoying, to a degree. When you can see them, they're easy to avoid. When you don't see them and hit them, you feel like an idiot for slipping on it. Especially if it was your own banana.

The Piranha Plant, If you get close to it, BAM! You are done for. Someone bumps into you while they have a Piranha Plant? CHAWMP! You might as well go back to 2 places. It's so easy to get someone with this too, and it's like a shield. Nobody will want to be around you, and in tight places, it can make for a crazy advantage. It's fun delivering it, but it's not fun being on the receiving end of it.

Back