Mario Kart What's the most annoying Item in any Mario Kart game?

• Thread starter Flipper
  • Start date
Red shell,blue shell,and banana all suck!

Last edited:
I hate the blue shell, but that's overdone, so I'm going to talk about the coins.
Wow. A minor speed boost. That's great game, but I usually already have 10 when I get one out of an item box. Then I don't have any defenses, as now my banana chances are lowered, so here comes the red shell barrage!
Coins would be so much better if they didn't come out of the item box, because the concept behind them is good.

Blue shell is very annoying cuz it blasts you when you're coming first. In a stage like rainbow road, you fall off when someone uses blue shell and you drop down from first to last. Its very annoying

I think the Thunder or Green shells because people hat me when I have green shells what I do is I wait and wait and wait for the perfect shot to hit someone and they cant hit me because I have the shells as for the thunder its annoying because well have you ever gotten a really good item like a Giant Mushroom or mushrooms or a star and lose it because of a thunder? Well I have and its happened to me lots of times and I hate it.

I also hate the green shell cause in MK Wii the green shell acts like a red shell most of the time for cpus and that makes it so annoying

Thunder Cloud, certainly
It isn't even good for you to get a Thunder Cloud, at least Coins are neutral

The squid that shoots oil. It's useless. You can still see around it, and the games all have maps so you can navigate around even without seeing where you're driving

Reactions: dnomy
The blue shell. The blue shell is so annoying. What the blue shell does is that whoever is in first place it goes and hits them. But the only way to avoid them if you have a mushroom. You have to use the mushroom when the blue shell is about to hit you. But I really don't like like the blue shells.

lightning. it has a 100% chance of hitting, hits everyone but the player who used it, and destroys everyones items, and if you were in first, you will be the last to grow back to normal size.

The classic BLUE shell.giphy.gif

Reactions: JRock4siri
My most annoying item in Mario Kart 7 was probably the blue shell, because just out of my bad luck, I almost reach the finish line on my 3rd lap. Get hit by a blue shell, then get hit by anything else, from 1st place, all the way down to last.
-.-

Well it is pretty obvious that like most people I hate the Tanooki leaf and Blue shell but Bob oms are pretty annoying. Whenever I throw one I end up hitting myself or throwing it off the track. However if i use it more often it could probably be a pretty useful item

The item that is most annoying for me is Red Shells and Blue shells. They give me a headache especially when I am either in first and get dropped back OR when I am doing a race to collect more coins and just before I hit the finish line I get hit and loose a good portion of those coins.

Aye, I just got Mario Kart 7 for free as a gift on Club Nintendo. And may I say, red shell and blue shells can jack me up.

Since I'm playing with newby karts since I just obtained it, it's hard to win 1st place. Though, I am very good, so even with newby pieces I still do very well, but rare for a 1st place. So, sometimes I'm in the lead, and a really good guy is right behind me, and I'm about to win, but a red shell hits me, well, I still keep the lead, then another, and another, then a blue shell, and I end in 6th place. That sucks.

Reactions: dnomy and sonicandres1
Bue Shells. And. Lightning. I can't even. I have had so many times where I'm winning and someone throws a blue shell so I back up so someone else can be hit but it only worked once lol The lightning bolt is so frustrating when I can't move any faster. Oh well, thats what mario kart is all about

Definitely the blue shell. It is kind of hard to dodge and is basically a troller. When you are about to win, your only fear is that warning sound that plays when you are about to get hit by a shell. R.I.P anyone who got last place due to this monster shell ;-;

Reactions: Vescen
Even though most of you said blue shell, mine is the RED shell, which has bugged me for years.This is what happens to me : When I'm in first place after trying so hard to get it the person who is in second place throws a red shell and gets first.Its just so annoying :mad:.

I think I hate the Green Shells the most lol. Because they bounce all over the place, it makes it all that much worse knowing it somehow bounced on 70 different surfaces before hitting you spot on.

Today I got completely wrecked in Mario Kart 8 because of coins... Coins (as an item) always annoys me... sure, they can make you go faster, but every time i'm at maximum coins I still get more coins... Next thing you know, a person behind me has a red shell or triple red shells and they throw all of them at me... After that, I get combo by a piranha plant and a triple green shell or a star... leading me to 12th place... <_<" What's your most annoying item? :unsure:
the most annoying item for me is the red shell, the blue shell (especially the blue shell...:rage: always get hit near the finish line and i can't even get a super horn to destroy it) the banana, sure it protect you from red shells but what about 3 bananas in mario kart 8? i barely get them and there always spinning, causing my opponent to have luck to hit me if the banana is not behind me. (thank god they took away the thunder cloud from Mario Kart Wii, is super annoying, it makes you faster a for a bit but the bad part is that if you don't touch another player, you will get shrunk and get left behind till 12th place)

The red shell and the ink thing. At least with the blue shell you can be clever, and get next to the person in second place so they get hit too! :p

Back