1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

What's your favorite Mario game?

Discussion in 'Mario and Mario Kart' started by Skully, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Kadaj

Kadaj The Black-Winged Divinity Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    445 coins
    Hey i like a lot of those too! I can certainly agree this isnt the easiest question out there to answer, in fact i too find it rather difficult! Mario galaxy had a very beautiful level design, the music was marvelous and ive always loved it quite a lot for many other reasons. I still love that game along with mario galaxy 2, but i found the original superior to number 2 here so to speak.

And then there were the wonderful days of playing super mario bros 3 on Super NES all stars, now that game is definitely a eternal keeper in my opinion! The graphics arent perfect, but i recently bought the NES version for 3ds VC and i was so happy to be playing it again and have such a remarkable mario game back! The game has a nice variety of powerups, and also some that are quite unique such as the hammer bro suit, frog suit, and that good old p-wing which i also love in thr game!
    also, i learned that if you finish the game once on the NES version and start another without resetting in any way, your whole inventory will be filled with P-wings entirely! I thought this was quite a pleasant surprise.

Its hard to choose one single favorite... I was a hardcore Mario player and have played all kinds of things mario. But those are some of my favorites above, if i tried to write the entire list it woulf way too long, sorry guys. :p
  2. swift789

swift789 Hero of Hyrule Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    95 coins
    Super mario 3d land or super mario bros for the origional ds.
    Kadaj likes this.
  3. Kadaj

Play Coins:
    445 coins
    Hey i like super mario 3d land too! If you really want a unique mario game though i highly recommend mario maker for 3ds or wii u, the thing thats so special about these games is its like mixmatch of several different mario games, and even better is the fact the possibilities are literally boundless since you can design custom levels and worlds in any way you like. Some people have even made glitched levels (which i highly advise you not to do, i hear you can get erased for uploading or sharing glitch levels so do this at your own risk) which as the term basically implies are off the charts weird kek. I recently saw some on youtube and i didn't even finish half of it before i had to quit watching from laughing too much and having yo get going as well. I will be honest here and say some of those are so weird it may even look like the video was editted and it's not literally what was on whoevers screen at the time lol :p

There are loads of great mario games out there, but mario maker on 3ds is one of my top picks if youre looking for a good one (or anyone else is!) :p nintendo has done such a great job with the series in general i know i will always love mario games, it just goes without saying in my opinion! :p
  4. Coonie

Coonie New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    20 coins
    My newer game that I love Mario maker for 3Ds
    And the older game I like is Super Mario Bros 3
  5. ProGamingTeamHD

ProGamingTeamHD New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    3 coins
    I have to be honest, My favorite is ............ Super Mario Galaxy for The Wii Game System. I Know Right, no one likes super Mario Galaxy or the Wii so i should shut my mouth. [​IMG] I mean seriously everybody loves Super Mario Galaxy for Wii, or at least most people do.
  6. etrian_warrior

etrian_warrior Now named "Popcorn" *gives popcorn* Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    24 coins
    Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is my favourite Mario game of all time and for good reason. A fun easy playing game with all the customisation one could want. I love the concept of badges too to play your own way and take easier and harder paths. All the characters and their script are even great as well. This game is and always will be number one in my book.
  7. SilverOwl

SilverOwl Guardian Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    141 coins
    My favorite mario game would have to be mario 3. when i was a kid, that game blew my mind. at that time it was the most amazing thing i have ever played. i remember using the raccoon tail for the first time, and thought it was so cool. the levels had a lot of variety and the difficulty was just right. i must admit, that i learned the whistle cheat and was able to get to the 8th world in like 15 mins. but i also have to admit that i could never beat that world. i would always die before i got to the castle.
    dang this brings back so many memories of me playing it with my dad, we would have the card match game written down on paper and so we would be able to get all the items really fast. fun times
    Kadaj likes this.
  8. Kadaj

Play Coins:
    445 coins
    I agree, that game was awesome and still is. I love the rather big item variety in this game, the music is pretty memorable to me as well, especially since ive run through that game several times and this game is actually one i could run through and remember most or all of it and still have a blast :p super mario 3 for me is a eternal favorite ^~^