What's your favorite Mario Power-up?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So, what's your favorite power-up in Mario video games?

Here's a list to jog your memory, ;) - http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_power-ups

Mine is the Blue Koopa Shell. I love sliding and knocking down most enemies in my path with it. The blue shell also looks nice on Mario's back, :angelic:

Haha mine is the propeller mushroom I love flying around

And diving at enemy's:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurbio's shoe! Such a fun (and rare!) item from probably my favorite 2D Mario ever! I'm glad it was given a slight nod in Super Mario 3D World.

Mine is the Double Cherry from Super Mario 3D World. It's fun having 6 Luigi's running around on screen. :3

Reactions: TAG
Wing Cap, I mean, what could be better than flying? And it is from one of my favourite games, Super Mario 64 :)

for me it will have to be the good old fashioned leaf that allows you to glide and spin into your enemies - i really also like the boomerang flower from Mario 3d land - its quite cool but you can only throw one AT a time

For me, i don't have one favorite, but a few. My favorites are the fire flower, propeller hat, and the Great Shrrom. They all are really fun to use and the fire flower is devastating. The great shroom is also devastating, but the timer is a bit less, IMO.

For me, i don't have one favorite, but a few. My favorites are the fire flower, propeller hat, and the Great Shrrom. They all are really fun to use and the fire flower is devastating. The great shroom is also devastating, but the timer is a bit less, IMO.
lol yeah the propeller hat was quite cool - i love the proppelller and leaf mix together ! its an amazing combo and you can get anywhere and get any star - i always try for the 3 stars

I really like the cat suit!

Also, the leaf. Good old days!

I really like the cat suit!

Also, the leaf. Good old days!
Yeah, I love the cat suit too! :D I dont know that leaf suit. What does that do?

I love the classic starman power :)

Reactions: 532
I'll say the giant banana because you can easily mess up players behind you.

Mines is the Cat bells, Meow!

Edit: The hammer suit. I was still thinking about Mario Kart when I typed this.

My favorite would have to be the Blue Koopa Shell. I remember it from New Super Mario Bros DS, since it was one of the power ups you could get in the Ice stage in Versus mode. I used it a lot and it was a lot of fun tearing up enemies and stealing their stars with it. A close second would be the Fire Flower since it is such an iconic item in the Mario universe.

My favorite would have to be the Blue Koopa Shell. I remember it from New Super Mario Bros DS, since it was one of the power ups you could get in the Ice stage in Versus mode. I used it a lot and it was a lot of fun tearing up enemies and stealing their stars with it. A close second would be the Fire Flower since it is such an iconic item in the Mario universe.
The Blue Shell was useful, but nowhere as useful as getting the Giant Mushroom in a versus mode stage by collecting all the hidden red coins. The first time I saw someone get that shell was frightening in game, to see an earthquake come your way and deprive you of all your coins.

Perhaps I like the Spring Shroom better than the Hammer Suit in my earlier post^ because it's so funny the way Mario moves around in a giant spring and he can jump really high (and it felt more like a Wario power up than a Mario one). The Star Shroom was neat however I like it when I have less health in the Daredevil Runs because you aren't given a challenge. Hmm... maybe the Cloud Shroom was my favorite because you can create your own platforms and it has so much more potential in a platformer than most other power ups. The Blue Shell is nice because you can bounce back and forth like a Koopa in its shell. I think all of them are great but the best ones involve different platforming physics that could make them be in a new platformer all on their own. Btw does Yoshi count as a power up because he was pretty neat in all the Mario games he has been in?

This is my top 10
10- Fire Flower
9- Hammer suit
8- Yoshi
7- Goomba boot
6- Star
5- 1-up
4- Leaf
3- Boomerang flower
2-Ice flower
1- Mini Mushroom

Mine is the star or the gold flower which when you get it ,turns everything gold when you shoot and the star gives you invincibility for a short time period of time.Most of the power ups are good in Mario but these are my favourites.

I like the Super Star item. I love the invincibility that it gives me, so it allows me to take a hit, and destroy the enemies in my path by simply touching them. Quite a useful item, I must say. It helps a lot when having trouble completing a level.

Back