What's your favorite Mario Power-up?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Probably the super mushroom in New Super Mario Bros that makes you super size and able to run through the course.

I think that my favorite Mario power-up would most likely be the good 'ol Fire Flower :D Specifically in the Super Mario Bros. series :p Although it was a pretty common item, I probably can't count how much it was really useful in many situations.

It totally give this to the mega mushroom. The raw sense of power you get from using one of these things is enough to send anyone on a loop a smashing goomba stomping rage of seemingly infinite power. Plus beating bowser with one of these is especially fun and amazing. These are just some of the reasons why I believe this is the best mario power up to ever be used in any mario game to date. Just amazing.

My favorite power up is the tanooki leaf. I like using it to jump really high. I can just avoid enemies because I am in the air. You can also use it to attack enemies which is my favorite part of it. My second favorite power up is the star power. I can just hit enemies without getting hurt and I really like that. You can also use the star power to just beat a boss in 1 hit which is also cool.

mine would have to be pink baby yoshi because he eats anything that comes his way and you can bring him with you to other levels(unlike regular yoshi)

I LOVED the hammer suit back in Super Mario Bros 3. It dominated every last boo in the castles. The cat suit is definitely my #2.

Spring Mario from Galaxy. (Haha jk)
My favorite power up would have to be the red star in Galaxy and Boo Mario. They were just so fun to use. Especially flying around the ship and stuff with the red star. I really hope they bring it back and it have more uses.

I always loved me a good old Boomerang power up. Just found it fun to finally kill those stupid boomerang bros with their own medicine >:3 Not only that but I liked the design and I found it fun to use the boomerang from a distance and have it just return to you to use again. All in all I think Boomerang Mario was the best power up.

Wing cap all the way.

yeah same, it's pretty useful on hard levels. Im talking to you Mario bros lost levels...

Obviously the Hammer Bro. suit. The hammers can take out nearly every enemy and when Mario ducks, he's invincible to fire attacks. Not to mention it just looks cool. The only downfall to this is that the brothers can't slide with it on. Also, the Boomerang Bro. suit is pretty fun too, but it's not as powerful.

Super Leaf Power Up :) Glide, Fly, and Hit enemies!

My favourite Mario Power-Ups are the shells.It doesn't matter if it's a green shell,red shell or a blue shell :D.I normally use green shells as shields when I get three free shells so if someone tries to push me they get knocked out by the green shells.I like the red shells because if you're near your opponent you can throw it at him/her it will knock him/her out no matter what.And I like the blue shell because if you're in 2nd place and you can't get 1st place and just randomly get a blue shell,then you're lucky :D.

My favorite has always been the Super Leaf. It was the first power-up in Which Mario Could fly for a while. I remember that way back when I was young. Of course I love the Penguin Mario, He could be able to slide on his stomach and can shoot ice just as good as the Ice Flower Mario!

The gold flower. I mean imagine if this thing was real you could turn all your stuff into gold and be rich. Although you'd probably have to sell all the stuff you turned into gold to get the money. But it would be totally worth. You can just buy newer and better stuff.

The gold flower. I mean imagine if this thing was real you could turn all your stuff into gold and be rich. Although you'd probably have to sell all the stuff you turned into gold to get the money. But it would be totally worth. You can just buy newer and better stuff.

and you can pay taxes without having to worry about running out of money!

Blue koopa shell. I remember going mad over it on new super mario bros for the DS. Like seriously, I would keep it on if I had it and used to get so upset if I lost it. I'm not sure why I liked it so much or anything..I just did. It was kinda helpful as well, although i just used it for decoration

My favorite mario power up is the cloud from mario galaxy 2... it was my favorite
power up for many reasons. One being that it let you reach heights that you could
never reach before (no pun intended) And the design on mario looked so baller
that i knew from the second i saw it in the trailer it was going to be a great power up.
Lets just take a minute to imagine being one of marios clouds that help him on his
journey. It would be awesome!

My favorite Power Up was the Blue Shell from New Super Mario Bros. It's a good thing that enemies can't hurt you when you are ducking and when you use that Power Up in a local battle, you can endlessly chase the other player and kill them if you actually touched them. Happened so many times to me and my cousins.

My favorite power-up, by far, was the fire flower in the original game. I remember my first time playing the original, thinking 'Geez, it's cool that I get a mushroom to take 2 hits, but god is it annoying that my only option is to jump on stuff.'
Then it all changed when the Fire Flower attacked.
I laughed like a maniac and shot fireballs everywhere until the level's time ran out. Ah, memories.

Back