What's your favorite Mario Power-up?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
The ice flower was fun in Galaxy even if skating on ice is a pain to control. That one level where you wall jumped up the waterfalls has to rank up there as one of the best parts of a level in a Mario game. Also the Cape in Super Mario World is a very cool powerup. It lets you fly and glide and it also lets you spin to attack enemies from the side. Plus if you fly up high you can smash into the ground.

Flying Mario in Galaxy <3 it was sadly underused though :(

I really love the Cat Power-up in Super Mario 3D World, as well as the Double Cherry! Those power-ups were so Cool

mine is golden block. I love running around and getting tons of coins (i think it is a bit op though) i wonder what would hppen if mario got two on his head at once? :eek:

I like the blue shell. Yeah, yeah I know it's super Mario ds only but it's just so good. Also it's amazing in multiplayer it's good for stealing and I can get pretty funny!

Cat suit/super bell super Mario 3D world

I also like The Starman!

TANUKI SUIT because yesssssss!

The Blue shell from New Super Mario Bros DS. If you use it you do not have to worry about enemies, are really fast and it is a really satisfying feeling to speedrun the game using this item. Too bad they didn't bring it back for later games :/

I love the mega mushroom!
It's like you get big and smash everything.

The spiny shellmet in Super Mario Maker is probably my favorite. It's technically not a power-up, but it pretty much makes you untouchable from hazards that are above you, plus it acts as a tool to kill enemies and break solid blocks by jumping into them from below. Now if only it was in an actual Super Mario title... :p

My favorite power-up from the Mario games is a pretty close tie between the Mega Mushroom and the Blue Shell, but I think that the Blue Shell wins. I've always loved sliding around and giving Koopas a taste of their own medicine! I also enjoyed battling against my friends in the multiplayer of New Super Mario Bros. We would always go to the Ice World and try to hit each other with the Blue Shell and blocking attacks and fireballs with it. Those were some good times!

Back