Where Does Link Put All His Stuff???

• Thread starter Pugo The Helper. :/
  • Start date
He can't be carrying it all otherwise he would always sink due to the iron boots
Link is wearing iron boots? i thought he was wear leather boots so he can run better if he really is wearing iron boots it would just counter all my saying

I direct your attention to this comic:

comic51.jpg
I have seen that before but its not cannon, also who floats like that? :p
Also if he carried everything he would be too bulky
And in SS his Pouch carried everything but the items were clearly larger than the pouches so im thinking TARDIS technology (aka bigger on the inside)

Speaking seriously though, if he were to drape the boots over his back or something, he wouldn't be weighed down by his feet because of the distribution of where said weight is on his person.

Alternatively, the Hover Boots cancel the weight of the Iron Boots out. All he'd then need to do is take either the iron part off or the hover part. It could also explain how he'd be able to carry his things and wouldn't be heavy as a result.

Last edited:
Speaking seriously though, if he were to drape the boots over his back or something, he wouldn't be weighed down by his feet because of the distribution of where said wheight is on his person.

Alternatively, the hover boots cancel the weight out. All he'd then need to do is take either the iron part off or the hover part.
Not all games have the hover boots (i only recall OOT having it) and it would also depend on the actual weight of the iron boots after a certain weight you'll sink regardless of where you carry it, then you have all his other items which aren't light (and depending on the game any armor) unless made by some advanced/other worldly super light material, plus in water things made of material get real heavy

And in all reality Link carries with him more gear than a roman auxiliary (despite most of his armors being 100 times lighter) all his gear wouldn't fit on him unless he was like 10ft tall

Maybe his tunic is made out of a fabric that floats regardless of the weight until used in conjunction with the Iron Boots. Also the place where you put the Iron Boots (I'm assuming they're just plates that go on his normal boots) would definitely help him at least for swimming. The reason they take him down is because he's weighed down by his feet, but if he we're to do areformentioned draping over the back, at the very least his legs are free to kick and swim.

It's important to distribute the weight of anything if you want to keep it afloat, and since naturally he would be in a horizontal position in the water, his weight is spread out across the water, whereas the boots in use make him sink because of the combination of themselves and the fact he's in a vertical position, which gives the most tension in a body of water.

Last edited:
(I'm assuming they're just plates that go on his normal boots) would definitely help him at least for swimming.

I highly doubt that or a Goron would toss you easily (TP sumo wrestling and rolling)

But the truth of the matter is this an over analysation of a game with too many unknowns (which even Nintendo probably doesn't know)

It's also something to point out that his items are magical. I just see no reason as to why he should be carrying them all in a magic pouch. That's just too convenient for me.

It's also something to point out that his items are magical. I just see no reason as to why he should be carrying them all in a magic pouch. That's just too convenient for me.

Sometimes the easiest answer is too hard to swallow :p

although the concept of magical iron boots is an interesting one (although i have never heard of it being so)

there is also the issue of mass (and/or density) of each item for instance the bomb bag isn't realistically large enough to hold all those bombs so either the bombs shrink (im sure i have seen bombs smaller although not tiny) or the bag is huge inside which would explain the cost

in SS we see Link's pouch and the items in them and without magic or alternate dimensions it would be impossible to store those items

Well I am going to suspend my disbelief and just go with the fact that Link has the ability to fit items such as a large spinner in his back pocket, just for the fact that I love these games. Although it would be like asking the question how are you able to carry a bike in your pocket in the pokemons. Or carry all of the farm equiptment in the harvest moons? I won't begin to think of any theories to question it, I'm just going with it.

We mostly see Link's equipment vanish out of thin air. However, in Twilight Princess, we see him put his equipment behind his shield or inside the tiny back pocket. But remember the time when you collected the Oron Sword and Shield? Midna said that she would "hold on to these for you" and they vanish out of thin air. Maybe Midna is carrying your equipment. Besides, she does also carry the shard that would turn you into a wolf.(This is only for Twilight Princess)

This could be a question for so many other characters that have an even greater inventory than Link. I suppose Link puts all of his items inside of whatever Tunic or other piece of clothing he is wearing. There could be some sort of distorted space in the pockets of his clothing to hold all of his items, or all of his items simply shrink up into tiny pixels when placed in his pockets.

In the Zelda cartoon, he keeps all of it in a magic pouch!;)

I'm going to explain this once...

The Triforce of Courage gives Link power from another world entirely. This world is the place the Gods originated from. As this place was where all matter began and where the Gods came from this place has no mass, and no mass means no gravity. Thus as Link is connected to the Gods and to this gravity-less world by the Triforce of Courage Link is not effected by gravity. But because the Triforce of Courage is connected to his hand, which is connected to his arm, which is connected to this upper body this anti-gravity only effects his upper body (everything above his thighs). Link stores all his items in his pouches which in this case reside on his upper body. Thus these items are not pulled by gravity and Link does not feel there weight.

The reason Link can fit everything into his pouches is that his hand works something like a portal. Because his hand is connected to the Triforce of Courage so directly (that's why the Triforce shines on his hand) his hand is more connected to this alternate world then any other part of this body. So when he reaches into his pouch he is really just reaching into this alternate world where the Gods reside and pulling out/putting in items. Because the Gods want him to succeed they take care of his items and always keep them in his reach. Link puts his hand into his pouch so no one sees his hand disappear into another dimension. Just like you can't transform into a wolf in front of people you can't reach into alternate worlds of sacred powers in front of people. Now the weight of carrying another world in your pocket would be immense but because of the anti-gravity I explained in the first paragraph, the weight of this world doesn't effect Link.
I bet you got this straight from the producer of Zelda!

Too bad when jumps down gravity still likes him. His torso and all.

I bet you got this straight from the producer of Zelda!

Too bad when jumps down gravity still likes him. His torso and all.

Your assumption isn't really too far off. @AwesomeGuy1234 did get that information from an outside source, which isn't allowed here.

Your assumption isn't really too far off. @AwesomeGuy1234 did get that information from an outside source, which isn't allowed here.
Yeah, I never knew that until Marc told me that. He told me to use a link next time.

It is very confusing but I think he stuffs them in his cloths that's why you some times see him walk weird that's what I think:beaver:[
He carry's them in cloths this is anclothScreenshot_2015-04-27-18-48-44.jpg

That is a good question. From what I have seen Link's tunic does not have any pockets and he just pulls thing out from in between the threads of his tunic. Maybe he has a place suspended somewhere in time. Whenever he needs something, he just opens his like space time portal thing and pulls out whatever h needs.

Link seemingly does have magical properties, with a few exceptions. Similar to Steve or the Pokemon Trainer, these characters can hold up a large inventory of items. Link sometimes uses those items, therefore he carries them around. You can clearly see the shield, sword, gauntlets, iron boots, hover boots and his tunic on the hero of time. The remaining items, hookshot, bombs, etc, are not visible and can only be seen when equipped, this seems to suggest that Link may have large storage capacities in his tunic, or Navi may have the ability to carry around items.

I think it was in his pockets cause if these weapons were set out by the goddesses surely they would be enchanted to help with carrying around. Even I don't think it's likely... Although I do know in Twilight Princess it was Minda who carried items around for Link. We can tell because when you get the sword and shield in wolf form Minda says she'll carry it for you. It's just right to assume she carried everything else for Link.

Well, I think, that he carries it in is bags :p. He always has too collect bigger bags in order to store more bombs, arrows, etc. And, when you collect bombs or arrows they are small, so when he takes out a small bomb it will expand (Kinda' like how pokeballs shrink and get bigger). Because, it wouldn't be hard to store 30 mini bombs in a bag :p.

Back