Which old school Nintendo console holds the most childhood memories?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
The Nintendo Entertainment System AKA NES. I remember when I first got my NES back in the 1980's it came with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I had my NES for 29 years. And it still works til this day. I am missing a game for it that I loved. It was Mega Man. Also I remember when I first got The Legend Of Zelda, The game was wrapped in Gold!!!! The game cart was GOLD!!!!

And I'm sure you all remember this commercial, below.

It's definatly NES even though I was born the early 2000s I think that NES is a well known console in a young gamers childhood beacause it's were the Mario bros and the other modern well known Nintendo video game characters began. The NES is the great grandfather of nintendo's home which made Nintendo the big video game giant that is well known today. But the actual first home console from Nintendo was the famicom home entertainment system was actually the great great grandfather of home console gaming that came before the NES.

I would say the gameboy since i played so many games on it like DBZ to Mario plus back in the old days those games were more harder and people now don't know that for some animes they are games for them on the gameboy like Metabots and more so on.

It's definatly NES even though I was born the early 2000s I think that NES is a well known console in a young gamers childhood beacause it's were the Mario bros and the other modern well known Nintendo video game characters began. The NES is the great grandfather of nintendo's home which made Nintendo the big video game giant that is well known today. But the actual first home console from Nintendo was the famicom home entertainment system was actually the great great grandfather of home console gaming that came before the NES.

Your almost right about the first Nintendo console. Nintendo made the Color TV games back in the late 1970's

My Nintendo 64. It was one of my first game consoles. I can't seem to find the games I had for it though. :(

my oldest Nintendo console for my childhood memory would be a Nintendo ds because I had a r4 and I was able to download a lot of games any games Chinese japanese anything it was so much fun mostly for long trips like to L.A. or something like that

Well, it's a tie between the NES and SNES. I had a NES at home and had so much fun with it, but my cousin had a SNES and the daycare had a SNES too, so I have nice memories of this console as well, even though I didn't own it.

Does gamecube count. If not than I don't have one. All I had was a gamecube and ps2. Obviously ps2 isn't nintendo. I have a lot of childhood memories with the gamecube like playing Paper Mario: TTYD and Super Mario Sunshine.

Gamecube for me, with n64 at a close second. Playing mario party 6 and smash bros melee with friends and family was great. Also played mario sunshine and luigi's mansion...and generally every amazing game on there xD

I don't know if this is old-school, but I'd say the Gameboy Advance SP.

I had so many good memories with this little portable handheld. I had Mario Tennis, 2 Kirby games, Pokemon, Minish Cap. I just remember playing all those games, and racing on the Kirby one etc. I was really young so it's hard to dig up those memories. my favorite was Mario Tennis at that time. I loved how the storyline was and how the Mario characters were revealed afterward. That game felt really magical and I felt like I was a real rising Tennis player. After that, It'd be Minish cap. I can't explain how many times I have gotten stuck in that game, >.< In the end, the Gba was the first console that won my heart.

For me it would have to be my gameboy advanced SP. I got my first one when I was about 10 or so. It was christmas and my mom made me open tis small box last. It was a blur gba Sp with a few games, and I played it forever. I eventually sold it to help me get a DS lite ,but have recently bought a red gba SP to play my old games on.

For me, my best childhood console was the N64. I got it with the Zelda Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.
Ahh, those nice old days when I came home from school, took a shower and went straight to the N64. I played it everyday except when we were going outside and I cherished every moment with my friends. Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64.
I would love to know your childhood console that holds the best memories.
Just like you, the N64 was part of my childhood as well. I played that console over people's houses, never had I owned one. The games I played on the consoles include Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Super a Mario 64. Those days were the best! The design of the N64 looks neat as well.

Reactions: 532
There are two consoles that hold childhood memories. I remeber that I would ask my Aunt if I could play her GBA when I was young. I would usually play Mario on it. Then I got my DS, and I would play it everyday. I loved my DS, and I usually played Mario and occasionally a few Zelda games on it. It is also the console that introduced me to Pokemon, my first and favorite game being Pokemon Diamond.

For me, my best childhood console was the N64. I got it with the Zelda Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.
Ahh, those nice old days when I came home from school, took a shower and went straight to the N64. I played it everyday except when we were going outside and I cherished every moment with my friends. Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64.
I would love to know your childhood console that holds the best memories.
Oh boy definitely the GameCube for me. My childhood console, grew up with it, and always played it every chance I got with my brother

Reactions: 532
I have to give it to the Gameboy Advance. The Gameboy Color is the runner-up for being my first console. But I had much fun with the Advance. It had much better games including SMBA4, Hotwheels: Velocity X, Sonic Advance series, and Yu-Gi-Oh: World Championship Tournament 2004 (hard, but I enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh at the time).

If you count handhelds, it's Gameboy Advance SP for me. I still remember playing several memorable games on it, including Pokémon Emerald, some Sonic games, and several Power Rangers games which happened to be released for the GBA handhelds. Good old times.

My gameboy color, I still have a Pokemon Yellow cartidge with my first pokemon team that was able to beat the elite 4, I think I even have a lvl 100 Pikachu, a lvl 100 Kadabra (cable link D: ), and a lvl 100 Mewtwo. Also a bunch of 70+ leveled pokemon

To me, my history is in the N64. My earliest memories are of Tetrisphere and Mario 64.
(Actually, that explains alot.)

The Super NES and the Gameboy SP hold my most childhood memories. While at home I always playing my Super NES games like Donkey Kong Country, Timone and Pumba, some Mickey Mouse game that I can't remember the name of, and Paws of Fury. Of course, when I wasn't at home, I used to play my Pokemon games on my Gameboy SP. Since my mom worked at a day care I was often there, especially during the summers, from opening to close. Usually twelve hours. My Gameboy SP helped to curb the hours of boredom. So yeah, it saved my sanity XD

It's gotta be the 64 and the Gameboy color. With the 64 I remember beating Bowser so many times, getting the wing cap and flying into trees in Super Mario 64 (not to mention cheating in the Penguin Race on the ice stage).

In Donkey Kong singing the DK rap and being to scared to fight the crocodiles goons and only unlocking Diddy Kong.

And with Superman flying around aimlessly because I didn't know how to get the guy out of the crystal.

The Gameboy Color I remember naming all my Pokémon off the wall things (like BOOK or WOW) and their names all be capitalized because I didn't know how to use lowercase. And never really catching anything or earning badges.

I remember also huddling under a lamp just to see the screen and when I was given the little lamp accessory I loved playing Spyro, or Mario bros (I cried each time I accidentally dropped Yoshi off the ledge) before bed.

Back